Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Aug 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Prices for May 18 astronomical

The same car (Full size from Miami 15 nights) I booked for October 16 of which I paid £245 is now coming in on various sites from £415 upwards.

Is this the new normal? I always try to book in advance, but nearly £200 more is very expensive.

Tried all the usual car rental sites.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

They are alot more now for various reasons, namely the currency at the moment but also, i believe, changes to insurances on rental vehicles have also added to the cost.

Even at £415 though, you're still looking at under £30 a day, which id consider reasonable.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

I found this also for this year's trip but managed to get a SUV for £343, free cancellation with Auto Europe!
Worth having a look.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Auto Europe site doesnt return any results. Keeps telling me to ring a number.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Try Netflights. Somebody else on here last week got an awesome deal for next May from them. Nobody could come near it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

Ours was cheaper to do 2 car hires, but then that's because we were landing in peak prices and then it was charging that price for the whole time we wanted it
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

I noticed since our last trip that the Alamo Brits site has updated. it used to give an option to pay now and save 5% on the quoted price or pay on arrival, now it is pay the quoted price now or pay on arrival which is a USD rate that fluctuates on exchange rate so your price could rise or fall from the day you got your price.
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was looking for a weeks hire in September for DS direct with Brits and the price was scandalous. Looked on Netflights and via a third party was getting a car through Alamo for nearly half the price. Can anyone explain this?
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
I was looking for a weeks hire in September for DS direct with Brits and the price was scandalous. Looked on Netflights and via a third party was getting a car through Alamo for nearly half the price. Can anyone explain this?
I would say each 3rd party supplier has 'booked' a set amount of vehicles at a set price. When they start to sell out they up the price.

Thats just a guess though!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shabba View Post
Auto Europe site doesnt return any results. Keeps telling me to ring a number.
Is it the Auto Europe UK site as just done a dummie booking for middle of may and has come up!
You can book and then cancel and rebook if you get a better price!
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List