Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Aug 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

When we went in October, our name was on the board with a bay number. We went to the bay and the key and paperwork were in the car already. I still went to the kiosk with the paperwork from the car to pay upfront for fuel rather than lose site of my credit card at the exit.

Katie
Old 8 Aug 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by katie View Post
When we went in October, our name was on the board with a bay number. We went to the bay and the key and paperwork were in the car already. I still went to the kiosk with the paperwork from the car to pay upfront for fuel rather than lose site of my credit card at the exit.

Katie
Katie

Just referring to my previous post. Had you used Avis Preferred before (as your name was on a board)? Which side did you go to?

Mick

Edited at 04:01 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Katie
Where/what is the "board"? Is it as simple as a list of names? Is it obvious to find?
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
1. No, you'll need to go to the kiosk in the garage and they'll give you the keys and bay number.
2. Take your car hire voucher (assuming you booked with BA)
3. You are given a specific car. Depending on the spec, you can exchange it in the exchange row (we were happy with our Pacifica)
4. No, they weren't interested in seeing my DH driving licence - he drove and at the exit they just wanted my card and driving licence as the rental was in my name.

I also asked to pre pay for a tank of fuel - the estimate on the slip was $27
Brilliant! Many thanks
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Just go straight over the road to the garage which is on the 2nd Floor, turn right out of the lift, straight ahead about 20 metres & the kiosk is on your left. The board for preferred is just about opposite the kiosk and you can see it as you approach the kiosk. We have been preferred for a number of years and our name wasn't on the board when we first joined.

Katie
Old 8 Aug 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Just go straight over the road to the garage which is on the 2nd Floor, turn right out of the lift, straight ahead about 20 metres & the kiosk is on your left. The board for preferred is just about opposite the kiosk and you can see it as you approach the kiosk. We have been preferred for a number of years and our name wasn't on the board when we first joined.

Katie
Thanks Katie.

I might not be explaining things clearly. I assume you are at MCO but which side? A or B? As you know all car hire garages are replicated on both sides.

Mick
Old 8 Aug 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mason

Your post is really helpful to me because we are BA/Avis fly drive virgins in November. I've hired cars over 30 times in Florida but since we booked I've seen all sorts of processes with using Avis Preferred (which I have linked to my flight)

Some people are saying you're name is on a board - then others have said not if it's your first time with Preferred. I also know that I get Joan free as an extra driver so just showing her D/L at the barrier is good to know.

One final bit of clarity though please. Flying with BA we land at gates 70-99 (exactly as VS and TC do) so I'd never dream of going over to side A garage. I'm planning to "sprint" down to side B as it's obviously much closer to the monorail. Did you go to B side?

Thanks
Mick
Yes, went to B side. Although we'd used Avis before through BA I hadn't linked it to my preferred account, so this was my 1st hire as such. I wouldn't bother sprinting - they'll have your car waiting. It took 3 hours from landing to get to the garage, so was later than originally planned on the hire, but it was there waiting.
Old 8 Aug 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Yes, went to B side. Although we'd used Avis before through BA I hadn't linked it to my preferred account, so this was my 1st hire as such. I wouldn't bother sprinting - they'll have your car waiting. It took 3 hours from landing to get to the garage, so was later than originally planned on the hire, but it was there waiting.
Mason

Many thanks. Good to see that they have a swap line. I'm no petrol head but I do like to try new cars. We've just ordered a full size as there's just the two of us we prefer a bit of space rather than performance.

By the way my idea of sprinting as a 71 year old is walking briskly

Mick
Old 8 Aug 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

I received an email from them today to say booking was now all linked so off to the garage we go next week.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

No idea whether A or B Mick - we just leave at the same side as our luggage carousel after we've picked the luggage up - (we sometimes use the 2nd bag drop). Whether we land from internally or internationally we always just follow the signs for car rental, go past the desks, cross the road on the zebra crossing and go up to the 2nd floor in the lift which is slightly to the left of the path after you have crossed the road.

Katie