Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Aug 17, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We booked d.i.y,flights were £270,but are indirect with Air France,but for that price we don't mind,especially as we are sat upstairs,on the A380.this is for end of Nov.
However our direct flights,beginning of oct,were £340 with Thomas cook.
Hotels booked through booking.com.
Tracy x
Old 14 Aug 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kess
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We've done it DIY... I spotted direct flights MAN - JFK with virgin booking through Ebookers last Nov costing £1,550 for 5 of us for this August... were far too good a bargain to miss out on.
We are actually doing a bit of a road trip as the flights were for 2 weeks and we have used hotels.com for all hotels we have booked incl the NY part.

I couldn't find any package close to what we've paid... so always best to shop around.
Old 14 Aug 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We booked diy this year. Flights with Thomas Cook, £380 return each. Hotel booked through booking.com. via Trivago. However, when booking hotels, be aware of hidden charges such as room taxes and resort fees. We knew these would be added and was happy with our choice but fees added quite a bit to the base price.
We used a taxi from the airport as it was quicker and Uber back.

Edited at 03:28 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
spestell
Excited about Disney

We have just booked with Virgin holidays for end of November/December. Flights with Delta operated by Virgin and 4 nights at the Westin New York Grand Central, total price for 3 adults in double queen room £2300. Virgin had a £50pp off deal on. Also, a plus is the air miles! More expensive time to go but I really wanted to see New York at christmas time, and it is also a big birthday for me the hotel gets really good reviews, not on the bed bug registry Looks well placed for walking and subway. Worked out cheaper than a lot of the other sites, but went with virgin because we always use them and they are brilliant with my son. Never flown with Delta though, and its our first time to New York, just my husband, myself and our autistic adult son. Really looking forward to it.

Edited at 11:02 PM.
spestell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We have booked a package through BA ,going next Monday 🎉🎉

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going in November and booked via virgin Atlantic website but it's a virgin holidays package, flying with delta.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked flights and hotel with Expedia going in a few days. You get discount by combining the two with Expedia.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
planecrazi3778
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Depends when you want to go. Jet2 have some fantastic deals from Stansted this year. But only have 4 scheduled flights in Nov and Dec.
planecrazi3778 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Do you normally book in the BA sale ?
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

We booked our flights in BA sale around March time for flights in August. 2 adults, 2 teens £1168 return from Manchester. I booked the hotel via Hotwire - 5 nights at Hilton times square west £786.
We fly on Wednesday
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List