Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
no1jack8
I have Ears

Mobile Extra Magic Hours

Hi guys

Hopefully this hasn't been asked for a while I have searched the first few pages.

I will be staying on international drive and not in a Disney resort.

Are disneys extra magic hours open to everyone with unlimited 14 day passes or is it for resort guests only?

In addition how is this controlled for example in October when we go things like Epcot and MK are open two hours later and therefore if you're already in that park can you just remain until the end?

Also if looking at animal kingdom on a Saturday with early extra hours will this mean the rides are already very busy and I should plan to go there another day if I can't get access to the extra hour.

Thank you for any help in advance.
no1jack8 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
AliPD
Imagineer

Because you are off site you can book fast passes at 30 days before your holiday.

Parks tend to be busier on Extra Magic Hour days so you're best consulting the busy day guide on the Dibb.

The EMH are for on site guests only.
The Gateway Inn 1994 - Howard Johnson 1996 - The Holiday Inn Express 1999 - The Sheraton World Resort 2001 - Howard Johnson Plaza 2004 - The Best Western Plaza 2006 - Econolodge Inn and Suites 2008 - High Grove Villa 2011 - Sandy Ridge Villa 2012 - Silver Creek Villa 2015 - Art Of Animation 2017.

Edited at 12:29 PM.
AliPD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Welcome to the DiBB!

EMH are a perk for on site guests only. You will not get into EMH in the mornings because your Magic band ( if you buy one) or ticket will flag up that you are not an onsite guest.

If you are in the park then indeed you wont be identified to be ask to leave however you wont be able to ride any rides as you have to scan your Magic band to ride any attractions during EMH.

Parks with EMH tend to be busier due to the volume of extra onsite guests and are the least recommended on the DIBB busy day guide.

Fast passes for offsite guests will be 30 days before your date of travel and on a day by day basis. Your Advanced dining reservations if you want certain dining experiences can be at 180 days.
Old 15 Aug 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
no1jack8
I have Ears

Mobile

Wow thanks for the quick responses. Back to the planning board it is.

Although a little confusing it's still fun to be looking at all this stuff and at least I know now.

Can I buy a magic band before I leave the uk? Or do I just get one once I go to a Disney park?

I have linked our accounts up on the my disney experience and am just waiting for virgin to supply me with ticket details.
Old 15 Aug 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Magic bands are not able to be bought in the UK. Though you may see them on Ebay be careful as you have no idea if they have been already registered and incase are useless.

You can by them from Orlando International Airport and of course Disney. They are not essential but I find it makes like easier.
Old 15 Aug 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
no1jack8
I have Ears

Mobile

Thanks
Old 15 Aug 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

If you REALLY want to do EMH one day...you could look at booking a single night in a budget Disney hotel. You'd then get magic bands for everyone staying plus two days parking at Disney parks.

We did this last time and managed to get a room at All Star Sports for £50, which worked out cheaper than 2 x magic bands and 2 x parking.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List