Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Aug 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

I wasn't gloating at all - I was just updating the thread to help others!

I am glad some have seen it my way - but still shocked at some of the replies.

Either way we have 21 days of fast passes sorted
Old 16 Aug 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
Try having an AP, you can only book 7 days worth.

So, while the rest of the family (with 14 day tickets) enjoy their booked FP rides on day 8, The AP holder has to sit and watch.

(or try to 'add' them on a day to day basis)
I'm not sure if it was a glitch with the fastpass system but when I was booking the fastpasses for our group 60 days out it let us book for the AP holder too (who is also staying offsite) as long as they were booking fastpasses with someone who is onsite and is eligible to book them at that time. We were shocked it went through tbh.

As for the original point of this thread, don't blame the OP. They asked the question and Disney answered in the way they did. If you don't like the inconsistency take it up with Disney.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

We have 21 day tickets next year, so I will be interested to see what FPs we can book. Thanks for posting your updates.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I've never understood why can't you book FPs and ADRs all in one go for your FULL length of stay even if you were staying for a month. So Americans don't stay that long but Europeans DO. Get with it Disney. There's a big old world beyond your shores.
And why is it 14 days in a row for FPs but only 10 days in a row for ADRs. Really doesn't make any sense. If I'm staying on site then why place restrictions on me?

I'm thinking the CM did it because of the "honeymoon" situation. CMs are allowed to beyond fixed "regulations" if it creates a little magic but it is very much on a one off basis.

Edited at 03:26 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mia_
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
I wasn't gloating at all - I was just updating the thread to help others!

I am glad some have seen it my way - but still shocked at some of the replies.

Either way we have 21 days of fast passes sorted
I can ensure you that most people in your position will make use of the fast passes! Ignore the negative comments
Mia_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mia_ View Post
I can ensure you that most people in your position will make use of the fast passes! Ignore the negative comments
Thanks! I was shocked to be honest - I expected more from people of this site...

I am sure it's just sour grapes on some peoples part
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
I'm not sure if it was a glitch with the fastpass system but when I was booking the fastpasses for our group 60 days out it let us book for the AP holder too (who is also staying offsite) as long as they were booking fastpasses with someone who is onsite and is eligible to book them at that time. We were shocked it went through tbh.

As for the original point of this thread, don't blame the OP. They asked the question and Disney answered in the way they did. If you don't like the inconsistency take it up with Disney.
There was a thread about "offsite" guests being able to book fastpasses with those onsite 60 days out...it's not a glitch from what I believe but standard policy.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
Thanks! I was shocked to be honest - I expected more from people of this site...

I am sure it's just sour grapes on some peoples part
There are no sour grapes on the DIBB, only differing perspectives and positions.

Disney332
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

I'm quite surprised by some of the negative comments on here when we see so many " well done" to folks who have managed to get free upgrades in hotels or on flights.

I'm glad the OP got the fastpasses sorted out
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
There was a thread about "offsite" guests being able to book fastpasses with those onsite 60 days out...it's not a glitch from what I believe but standard policy.

Actually it is a glitch and expect it to closed at sone point.

Its a bit like people making and using fastpasses with someone elses ticket that wasn't actually used to gain access to the park. This glitch existed for some time before Disney closed it this year.

Good if you can make use of any glitch but people shouldn't complain when they finally fix them.

Edited at 03:19 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List