Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 May 15, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Place you picked car up from: Disney Car Care Center
Car category booked: Int SUV (IFAR)
Make of car you got: Chevrolet Captiva LT
Company hired from: Alamo Brits
Date of hire: 13 May to 26 May 2015

No choice of car given at the Disney Car Care Center, just handed a key and given a bay number to go to. What I did notice though was the woman in front of me at the desk took an upgrade and was given a choice of 2 cars.
When we arrived to pick up on our first morning we were given a white Jeep Compass with 35k on the clock. Booooooo!
Later that day the engine management light came on so I took it right back. Went to the counter and they exchanged it for a silver Chevrolet Captiva LT with 19k on the clock.
It was very basic in terms of gadgets but was perfect for our needs. Put $15 of gas in on our way to Clearwater and that's all we used. Pre paid for a full tank which came to $36. So $51 for 2 weeks driving around Disney/International Drive area including a trip to Clearwater with a detour over the sunshine skyway bridge on the way home. Had to be done! Just returned the car at 6:30am and an Alamo mini bus has just dropped me off back at POFQ at 6:45am. Excellent service.

This last photo is of the return bays at the car care center. Behind these are the pick up bays.

Edited at 05:00 PM. Reason: photos added
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 15, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Woodsie91
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Place you picked car up from: Orlando International Airport
Car category booked: Full Size (Voucher for free upgrade to premium)
Make of car you got: BMW X3 2.8i
Company hired from: Avis
Date of hire: 19th May 2015 - 2nd June 2015

Headed to the Preferred counter in the garage on the B-side. My name was on the board but no car against it. Yikes. The lot was pretty empty too.

Speak to the woman at the desk who hands me the keys to a Chevy Impala Limited the one car I flat out refused to have . Apparently there were no premiums available to use my coupon against and that was all they had.

She then went off to do other things and after having a quick look round the lot I went back to the desk and spoke to a very kind woman indeed, and just asked if there was anything due back soon or on the other side of the airport as I was really hoping for a premium (trying my luck really).

She asks how many in the party, and then hands me a new agreement with a different set of keys and says see if that suits me better... On the fob it says BMW X3 2.8i. Result!

For all the complaint of Avis customer service they were excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I prepaid my booking and was only charged an additional $8 for picking up the car an hour early. How they handled me being stubborn about an Impala was great too. The BMW had the factory nav too which was a great help to us over the two weeks...

Woodsie91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 15, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ShouldBStudying
Earning My Ears

Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Category of car hired:- Intermediate SUV
Make of car you got:- Dodge Journey
Hire car company used:- Alamo through US Rent a Car

£178 for 7 days April/May. Didn't do save time beforehand and had a bit of a queue in the airport but no hard sell and nice and easy once we were at the desk. Had a choice of 4 SUVs, a Kia Sorrento (I think), Mazda CX-5, a Jeep Patriot and this one - I preferred the colour of this

Dream to drive, not super thirsty. Fit three suitcases and handluggage in back no issue (sorry no pic!). Had a Hertz sat nav thingie built in but we obviously didn't pay for that, only annoying thing was that it beeped and talked every time you started the engine! It also had a removable storage container underneath the back seat footwell which you could put ice in and use as a coolbox - this was a remarkably good idea!

Oh, and it had a start button and I kept losing the keys in the car because of this

Sorry for the state of the interior, taken in a car park whilst waiting for shoppers to return...

ShouldBStudying is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 15, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Category of car hired:- Full Size Car
Make of car you got:- Chevy Malibu
Hire car company used:- Alamo

July 2015 - arrived late, and whilst i was looking this pulled into the garage, after cleaning, brand new with 155 miles on clock, enjoyed the car, had all the fancy bits on, spent $60 for the fortnight and did over 835 miles with it.

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dan123
Imagineer

Picked up at MCO, Alamo (Virgin Holidays)booked Standard SUV, got Standard SUV, small choice, this was def the nicest, V6, averages 20mpg. GMC Terrain, this is the SLT so pretty top spec, chrome wheels, reversing camera, and other goodies.

Plenty big enough for 5, we had full size (Tahoe) on our last trip, it was really great but surplus to requirements.

Dan

Edited at 01:13 AM.
dan123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
danny68
Apprentice Imagineer

danny68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Collected from MCO

Intermediate SUV.

Hyundai Santa Fe

Alamo Brits

Not much choice when we arrived, however we liked the car. Easily fitted 4 suit cases & hand luggage in the trunk, plenty of leg & head room in the back for my teenagers one of whom is 6"1"

Reversing camera which took a couple of days to get used to.

Cost $32 to fill the tank from just above empty. Got about 25 miles o the gallon.

2008 Port Orleans Riverside
2015 Terra Verde & RPR

Edited at 09:48 PM.
danny68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post on this thread with photos of the cars they've hired.

Just a reminder that this thread is for photos only - saves having to go through loads of conversations and questions to find the car/category etc you are looking for.
If you do have any specific question then please PM the poster.

Thanks again.
Old 18 Aug 15, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaffers
Imagineer

Scaffers's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I ordered a convertible for our trip in August 2015.

When we arrived we went straight to the garage and NO RAGTOPS, so, pestering the guy in the box for one or an upgrade to a suburban. Then I was told by a backwards hat wearing man, I'll get you one... I asked for a yellow camaro convertible ... bumble bee transformers styleeee.

He came back with the best car EVER !

Place you picked the car up from:- mcco
Catergory of car hired:- convertible
Make of car you got:- STANG
Hire car company used:- ALAMO

Yes is orange, a bright in yer face pass the eye bleach ORANGE.

It's been christened MUMBLES, Cos when you plant your foot it makes the greatest noise.

Scaff

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=107406
Old 19 Aug 15, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

Collected from MCO
Category Intermediate SUV
Make Jeep Renegade
Hire company Alamo

Chose this as I wanted one for my lease car over here but as there was a 12 week+ wait I had to get something else.

We are a party of 2 adults and one 7 year old, we managed to fit 3 large suitcases and three large hand luggage items in the boot and on the back seat.

Had 2000 miles on the clock and was absolutely spotless, loved it even if it was a little heavy on fuel. We also received lots of envious glances and comments on how lovely it was

Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018

Edited at 09:53 PM.
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 15, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Alamo MCO
Full size SUV
Ford Explorer Limited
Great car - only 300 mile on the clock when picked up - had fully functioning sat nav as well

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty