Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Sep 07, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Dh got asked once to buy a man from his old works a pair of levi's jeans and he'd give him the money once he was back, he bearly ever spoke to the man, he told him no chance.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 07, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

There is a simple answer
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Don't tell anyone you're going.

Katie

Edited at 05:57 PM.
katie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 07, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

I wouldnt get loads of stuff for anyone, cheeky blighters to ask if you ask me!

I dont mind the odd thing for close friends or family but thats it. I barely have room for all the stuff I buy for myself!

I did ask my friend whose going tomorrow to bring me back some cheetos, if she has time to get them & space in her suitcase to bring them back.

Jodie
Old 13 Sep 07, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

I've decided next time we are shopping for ourselves.

A few years ago I bought back some timberland boots for my friend, decided they weren't what they wanted afterall and have never worn them.

On the most recent trip I bought an ariel dress & accessories for a friends DD as it's for Christmas as you can't get it here, also a colleage's wife takes medication which you can only get in the USA, I offered to get these things as I didn't mind, but then everyone started jumping on the bandwagon... I had to politely say no as we wanted to bring back some bits ourselves.

Alba
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 07, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have brought back ds games and psp games for friends kids as presents, when they go on their hols my kids get nowt , it still costs money just because it is cheaper it doesn't mean FREE ! Never again !
Old 13 Sep 07, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
our friends asked us if we could track down a cheap laptop for their son...
eh no! i'm paying for double baggage for ME not for anyone else! i don't really DO shopping, i certainly don't do shopping for anyone else. we brought these same people bacardi back last time and when i gave them the receipt they weren't happy because it had been on offer in one of the supermarkets here cheaper!
someone i work with also asked us to bring back cigars, you only get a basic allowance in the USA and as everyone in our families smoke apart from us, it was a real pain. never again.
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 07, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
oops double post!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 07, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

I don't mind the odd bit if it's convenient for us to get. Last trip we got some park maps for people - no prob getting those. We also got a couple of MVMCP special pins for someone who asked very nicely. We were getting them for ourselves anyway so again no probs. We're always nipping to World of Disney so arial toppers and the like are easy to pick up.

It's when people start asking us to do special trips to get their Nikes and their Timberland boots that the hand goes up and the No comes out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 07, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

i've been placed in a similar position many times over by the sis in law, she presumes i will run about picking her up all those bits n pieces she forgot on the last trip out, does she give me any money in advance , well hell no :angry:

i'm getting all prepared for our next trip with some good advice from this topic i'm going to mention the excess duty, the reduced luggage allowance and the "i will if i'm passing but cannot promise you"

then i can spend the entire holiday with no intention of getting anything on her list (leave the list at home to make sure) and enjoy MY HOLIDAY

i've been taken for a mug many times so it's long overdue but time to stand up to this particular sis in law
Old 14 Sep 07, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

i dont see the problem LOL i dont minid getting things for people when i go i have just doubled my baggage allowance so if anyone wants anything just send me a pm ill be back 13th dec, just in time for xmas LOL i dont mind at all
Closed Thread