Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jan 12, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

Very peak time that. Soarin will be even busier.
1994 St Pete's Beach. 2000 Comfort Suites Maingate East/Clearwater. 2005 Clarion Universal 2006 POFQ/Homewood Universal. 2006 POFQ/Boardwalk Villas/RPR 2007 POR/Wonder Cruise/POP. 2008 BCV/Disney Panama Canal Cruise/GCH, DL. 2008 SSR/RPR/BC. 2009 SSR/BCV/Villa. Sept-Oct Magic B2B Cruises/SSR/BCV/Villa. 2010 SSR/Villa. Sept DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise. 2011 Jan-Feb DCL Panama Canal Cruise/GCV/Villa. 2011 Sept-Oct DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise/Villa
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 12, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ducktales79
Trying for More Ears

Absolutely gutted! We go on our first visit at the end of may and I was really looking forward to test track. Guess I should be happy BTM re-opens when we are there - always look on the bright side
ducktales79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 12, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

why oh why does disney take down rides during peak time when crowds are at their highest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 12, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by zeldaber View Post
why oh why does disney take down rides during peak time when crowds are at their highest
Because its not fair to close pretty much entire parks off peak, we pay the same as you and put up with far more closures!

I'm excited about a refurb can't wait love TT
Old 6 Jan 12, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stepintothepin View Post
Can't believe tht BTM and TT are both closed when I visit. It's my boyfriends first visit and probably our only visit for a good long time! There's not many coasters to begin with! Fingers crossed they'll speed up the BTM refurb
snap, i'm really disappointed with this too but i'm just going to make the most of it - more disappointed about BTM to be honest.
Old 6 Jan 12, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Must say I am slightly gutted even if I have known for some time... I guess I clung onto the hope it might be open. However Test Track does need a refresh and it has to be done sometime, maybe I will catch a soft opening at the end of August (in my dreams!).
WDW- Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Aug 2010-POFQ, Aug 2012-OKW, Sep 2014 POFQ, Aug 2017 OKW, Aug 2023 POFQ, Jan 2024 - Dockside, April 2024 Villa, Sep 2024 OKW, Dec 2024 - AS Movies

DLP - Dec 2009, July 2011, July 2019, Sep 2019, November 2022
Jeff456 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 12, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jeff456 View Post
Must say I am slightly gutted even if I have known for some time... I guess I clung onto the hope it might be open. However Test Track does need a refresh and it has to be done sometime, maybe I will catch a soft opening at the end of August (in my dreams!).
this might relate to a thread i've just posted. what's a soft opening? does that mean they occasionally finish early. I'm hoping this might be the case for BTM.
Old 6 Jan 12, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
A soft opening is where a closed/refurbed attraction is opened unannounced for testing by the public. There is no published schedule of soft openings, so it is luck of the draw on the day.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 12, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ーoー-Hannah-ーoー
Imagineer

ーoー-Hannah-ーoー's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
test track needs a complete over haul... the fact of the matter is that so many of our cars already drive way better than the ride does - so whats the point, its a huge disappointment for those actually interested in cars
Old 6 Jan 12, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
A soft opening is where a closed/refurbed attraction is opened unannounced for testing by the public. There is no published schedule of soft openings, so it is luck of the draw on the day.
thank-you rob, well you never know - with a little bit of luck and a lot of disney magic, i might just be in with a chance. might schedule the magic kingdom day toward the end of the holiday when they're more likely to be ready.