Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 12, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gizmo473
Excited about Disney

That's a def for our night at Hard Rock Cafe Hotel! Universal first day and IOA second... now this. Kids will not be happy while I explain all the various films they are seeing on the water screen.

Fantasy Villas 1998 Hunters Creek 2000 Clear Creek 2002
Lake Davenport 2004 Cumbrian Lakes 2006
Woodcrest 2008 Legacy Park 2010
Hunters Creek 2012 Sanctuary 2014 Grand Reserve 2015
Gizmo473 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

The park is going to be rammed isn't it. :0( First proper day in Orlando, first trip to Orlando, first time to Universal. Do ppl think we should plan change?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

I wouldn't plan change just prepare for it being very busy. Hopefully no matter where you stand around the lake in US you should be able to see it. Will be exciting to be one of the first to see it then you cn come home and let all your fellow dibbers know what it was like
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post

It's odd you know, we booked fast passes for that day yesterday and they were cheaper that day than any other day we're there - we assumed that that was because we'd picked a traditionally dead day to go. I guess with the passes in hand we'll get on everything we want anyway - and I will have my iPad & wifi so promise to write _something_ as soon as we come back :0)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulouk View Post
It's odd you know, we booked fast passes for that day yesterday and they were cheaper that day than any other day we're there - we assumed that that was because we'd picked a traditionally dead day to go. I guess with the passes in hand we'll get on everything we want anyway - and I will have my iPad & wifi so promise to write _something_ as soon as we come back :0)
Gr8 will look forward to that,hopefully will get to see your report before we go and can then decide if its worth doing or not. Enjoy your first time, it will be amazing and one you will never forget
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulouk View Post
Gr8 will look forward to that,hopefully will get to see your report before we go and can then decide if its worth doing or not. Enjoy your first time, it will be amazing and one you will never forget
Old 10 Apr 12, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sounds brilliant, really looking forward to visiting IOA and US this trip.
2005 Lindfields - 2008 Indian Creek - 2010 Sunset Lakes - 2012 Sunset Lakes - 2015 Sunset Lakes - 2017 Sunset Lakes - 2019 Onsite at Disney and Universal - 2022 Hard Rock Hotel and Magic Resort - 2023 Drurys Plaza, The Contemporary and Hard Rock Hotel
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinmac1
Apprentice Imagineer

Haven't quite understood this. Are either of these an evening show? Also, is there anywhere which shows how long this will go on for as we go from 10th to 31st August and some things seem to finish early for the summer e.g. Shamu Rocks at Seaworld finishes on 12th.
Pinmac1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

I was wondering whether this will still be on in early Oct when we are there, obviously not on HHN nights but the rest of them, I really hope so!
Old 10 Apr 12, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pinmac1 View Post
Haven't quite understood this. Are either of these an evening show? Also, is there anywhere which shows how long this will go on for as we go from 10th to 31st August and some things seem to finish early for the summer e.g. Shamu Rocks at Seaworld finishes on 12th.
The "Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories" will take place in the evening as it involves images projected onto waterfalls. Whereas the "Superstar Parade" will probably take place in the afternoon at, say, around 2 or 3pm.

Also, in the original post it says the show "will run year-round except during annual and special events".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List