Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 13, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FFCPaul71 View Post
Cannot wait to go back to KSC again and to see Atlantis

I'm trying to avoid all pics' of it, I want it to be a big surprise for when I get there

Could easily spend 3-4 days round Kennedy, that's always my holiday hi-light

Me too, we never seem to have enough time there.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 13, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LindsayCat
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We're going in January for the first time. We were going to leave it for a future trip but found out in parents evening that my daughter's theme in school after half term is Space, 1960's and the Moon Landing! So just wondering what would be must do's. will also have her 5yr old sister with us.
LindsayCat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 13, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by LindsayCat View Post
We're going in January for the first time. We were going to leave it for a future trip but found out in parents evening that my daughter's theme in school after half term is Space, 1960's and the Moon Landing! So just wondering what would be must do's. will also have her 5yr old sister with us.
For the moon landings, the Saturn V centre is superb, there is a brilliant recreation of the moon landing itself at one end of the building, plus the rocket hanging above your hand, the Lunar Module, Moon buggies and the space suits they created. You can even touch a bit of moon rock.

Our DS's at age 5 had a great time...
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 13, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Have to echo all the good reports about Atlantis - it is a fab exhibit. We went in October, during the shutdown, but as we'd done the tours last year we hadn't intended to do them again this year anyway. We spent the day there right up till 5.00 pm. As well as Atlantis we did the 2 IMAX films - very interesting and informative - and the rocket garden and the shop. It was really quiet the day we went which was lovely as it made for a really relaxing day.
Old 30 Oct 13, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Did you book your tickets for the mega tour before you went or buy on the day? We're over there from 2 weeks on Sunday and wondering now whether to book before we fly or not.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 13, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
The kUrGaN
Excited about Disney

The kUrGaN's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bexy View Post
Did you book your tickets for the mega tour before you went or buy on the day? We're over there from 2 weeks on Sunday and wondering now whether to book before we fly or not.
Hi,

we're going next week but we booked our Mega Tour tickets direct from the KSC website. I'm not even sure you can buy them anywhere else to be honest, I certainly couldn't find them. The advantage is that you are given an E Ticket with a barcode to print off which apparently means you can go straight to the entrance gates and bypass the ticket booths.

PS forgot to mention. There are only two Mega Tours a day I think, so there is always a chance you migjt not be able to get on one if you just turn up. I have no experience of this, so don't know how likely this is but at least getting them in advance reserves you a place at a particular date and time.
Port Orleans Riverside Nov 2006
Port Orleans Riverside Nov 2013

Edited at 03:39 PM.
The kUrGaN is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 13, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the info about KSC. In my plan I had this down as an early rise and drive to KSC for the morning (already got the tix off ATD), then spend the afternoon on Cocoa beach. Sounds like we won't have the time with Atlantis etc! We won't do the tour as we have a young one in tow, and two older ones who aren't the most patient of girls, which is a shame 'cos I did it as a kid and it was amazing, seeing a shuttle on the launch pad and alligators roaming across the roads.
Old 31 Oct 13, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh and keep your eye out for the launch schedule. Nasa still sends satellites and cargo to the ISS, as well allowing private telecoms to launch satellites from Cape Canaveral too. I remember seeing the shuttle blasting upwards all the way from Orlando in 1990. Breathtaking experience, even from 50-odd miles away, but to be there at a viewing platform for a launch would be a dream come true.
Old 3 Nov 13, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I think this year I will NOT book an extra tour, every time i have been i've done some sort of tour which leaves little time to explore the main complex and the Saturn V building (indeed last time I actually got off the bus at the Saturn V5 building and got on the very next bus back to the car.

This means I have not done any of the imax films etc, so this time i'm going to take it slow and explore a little more.

Thats not to say the extra tours are not worth it- I think they are amazing value considering what you get to see and the length esp compared to Disney's tours :-)
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread