Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Clothes Shopping

It wouldn't be a pre-trip report of mine without some shopping purchases so I will share them now.

First up, but no photo yet, is Phil's suit for the wedding. The men don't need to wear the same suit but Phil had said he was happy to have the same as my Dad so when he found one he liked in Marks and Spencer's for the absolute bargain price of £79 total, I was more than happy! I was even happier when in the week they had 20% off purchasing online so we managed to get it for £63.20. I went through topcashback and got £1.91 cash back, every little bit helps.

They most likely won't be wearing the jacket on the day but will have it for the reception back here. It is a really lovely suit and I am happy to have something else ticked off the to do list.

This dress is one that Mum bought for Madison

This is lovely and was only £10 from BHS

And Mum bought this one for Kaley

I'm sure this was only £10 too, from Marks and Spencer

We were "just having a quick look" (Phil didn't want to be long, we were!) two weekends ago and found these in the sale in River Island

This is for Madison and was reduced to £6. They had one in Kaley's size too but I couldn't get it over her head!

This for Kaley and was also £6. I'm not sure when she will wear this as it is long but she loved it and didn't want to take it off.

I love this dress for Kaley, it is so beautiful and pretty. This was £15 let down from £34. I would have loved one for Madison but the only one they had was this one. She will wear this for one of our signature restaurants and on the cruise for one of our dinners.

They have some really lovely dresses in River Island for the girls and they are not too expensive either, and in most cases, they are cheaper than the dresses in Next. I am now keeping my eye out for any discounts they may be offering online.

I got these dresses for myself

The BHS at our local out-of-town shopping park is closing soon and these were just over half price at £12 and £17 each from the Dorothy Perkins section of the shop.

We also got this shirt and shorts for Phil

The shorts were £20 and the shirt had 20% off so was £16. This is more of a faded red than the pink colour it looks in this photo.

I got a few bits in the Next mid-season sale including this for Madison

This was either £7 or £9. This is very lightweight so should be lovely for her to wear.

And these shirts for Phil

These were £10 for the denim shirt and the other I think was £12.

I have just realised that with another navy shirt I got from Next and a shirt I had previously bought in Hollister, Phil now has enough for the cruise and our signature restaurants.

We have bought more clothes for myself and Phil but I haven't photographed these yet.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Passporter

I wrote a few articles for the Passporter e-newsletter and in return, I received some gift certificates to use in their online store. I was able to buy and have these shipped and it didn't cost me anything.

I got this thinking Madison would have it as she has liked the two I have had previously from 2010 and 2013 but Phil has taken a shine to it and claimed it as his own!

I have liked this for ages but it is a bit expensive and I wouldn't have bought it otherwise, so I was very happy to get it using the gift certificates.

This is to add to my Cruise Guide

Which came earlier in the year.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Last update for today!

Holiday Crafts

The first item ticked off my craft to-do list and Phil actually made the majority of it!

Noticing I was under 170 days, and wanting our countdown chart to start at 150 days, I decided to get the giant piece of card I had bought out and think about what I wanted to do this time.

Phil had an idea of including the Disney Dream somehow and after telling me his idea, I left him to it whilst I took Madison and Kaley dancing and to a party on Saturday.

Fast forward to yesterday and with a bit of colouring from Madison and I, our countdown chart is ready to go

This starts at 150 days so we have a couple of weeks until we will start crossing numbers off. I think he did very well with this and he did a great job with the detail on the Dream.

He's also put all of our names on the lifeboats, included a couple of Hidden Mickey's and made a 2015 pattern in the lights on the staterooms.

Old 27 Apr 15, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love the dress your mum bought Madison, I'd wear it! Kaley's sparkly dress is absolutely gorgeous, such a shame they didn't have Madison's size, you should keep an eye on Ebay and see if it pops up at some point.

Phil's shirts are really nice. My boyfriend hates wearing shirts, for our signatures it'll be a black or white polo shirt for him!

Love the girls' countdown chart, seeing 150 days written down like that makes it seem so far away though!

I'll be keeping an extra close eye on your trip this year as we've booked OKW, a cruise then a stay at AKL for next year. We were planning on renting DVC points for a 2 bed villa at Kidani but in the end decided that we'd like to be in Jambo House for our first stay there. Renting at Kidani would have been cheaper but I was too impatient to wait for the dates to be released!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Love a shopping update 😊 some bargains there Lisa! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dolphinlou
Imagineer

Wow what a brilliant countdown chart, I t looks great and I bet the girls will have lots of fun crossing off the days!
Love the clothes purchases too
dolphinlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
I just love shopping updates You've got some fab purchases there. Really love the pink sparkly dress you've got for Kacey, is it from River Island? I will have to have a look in there, I never think too.

The countdown is so cute, such a great idea Lisa xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

I love the countdown chart, I want one! All of your purchases are lovely, the girls dresses are so cute, can't wait to see the girls in them!

Well done for getting the vouchers! x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 15, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love the dress your mum bought Madison, I'd wear it! Kaley's sparkly dress is absolutely gorgeous, such a shame they didn't have Madison's size, you should keep an eye on Ebay and see if it pops up at some point.

Phil's shirts are really nice. My boyfriend hates wearing shirts, for our signatures it'll be a black or white polo shirt for him!

Love the girls' countdown chart, seeing 150 days written down like that makes it seem so far away though!

I'll be keeping an extra close eye on your trip this year as we've booked OKW, a cruise then a stay at AKL for next year. We were planning on renting DVC points for a 2 bed villa at Kidani but in the end decided that we'd like to be in Jambo House for our first stay there. Renting at Kidani would have been cheaper but I was too impatient to wait for the dates to be released!
They are really nice dresses. I never thought of ebay, I will definitely look there.

The shirts are all nice too and I was really happy with the price of them. None of them are too smart and can easily be worn again with jeans.

I really like the countdown chart. It is already on the wall (easiest way to store it!) and were just counting down to 150 days now!

Your trip sounds great! I know what you mean, sometimes you just want to have things booked, regardless of the price. You can walk between Kidani and AKL so you can visit the other.

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Love a shopping update 😊 some bargains there Lisa! X
Thanks, I was so happy with the cost of them all! I hate paying full price for things! x

Originally Posted by dolphinlou View Post
Wow what a brilliant countdown chart, I t looks great and I bet the girls will have lots of fun crossing off the days!
Love the clothes purchases too
Thanks, phil gets the credit for it. . I can't wait until we can start crossing the days off!

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
I just love shopping updates You've got some fab purchases there. Really love the pink sparkly dress you've got for Kacey, is it from River Island? I will have to have a look in there, I never think too.

The countdown is so cute, such a great idea Lisa xx
Thanks Julia! Yes it is River Island. They have some great stuff. The kids stuff starts at age 3 and they have baby stuff from 0-3 months to 3 years too.

I love the countdown chart, phil did come up with an really good idea for it. xx

Originally Posted by DiddyDan View Post
I love the countdown chart, I want one! All of your purchases are lovely, the girls dresses are so cute, can't wait to see the girls in them!

Well done for getting the vouchers! x
I'm sure Phil will make you one if you want!

I love their dresses, just need to keep them nice for the holiday. xx

Old 6 May 15, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Antigua08
Very Serious Dibber

Love your countdown chart, it's fab!

I still need to make one for my two which I'm really looking forward to, but as they're only 5 and 2 at the moment going for an 100 day countdown which will hopefully hold their interest!
2006 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2011 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2015 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2017 - AKL
Antigua08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List