MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Newport Bay for Christmas - Day 1

Travel and Day 1

The evening before we flew, DD (H) had arrived to spend the night at our house and I was just relaxing knowing everything was packed, done, downloaded, uploaded and booked when Boris announced that we now needed 2 day PCR tests instead of LFTs which I’d booked and paid for. Major panic for an hour until I got tests booked for the day we return - on the way home from the airport - and the 2 expensive LFTs are now consigned to a drawer! My nerves were shot.

Finally, after the hour drive to Newcastle airport, we checked in, our Sworn Statements and Covid vaccines were checked and we were straight through an eerily quiet airport. Most of the restaurants etc were closed but we managed to have pastries and coffee, and buy a couple of bits in the shops before boarding.
The 11.35am Air France flight was 30 mins late departing as first they offloaded some baggage as some people were refused boarding, then they had to de ice the plane wings.
There were very few children onboard, and the crew weren't really reminding people about masks etc when they brought the drinks and snacks round. We actually made up the flight time - I think there was a tail wind from the storm as we still arrived at Charles de Gaulle on time.
There have been lots of changes at C de G airport since we were last there - we walked miles, and there’s a train to bag collection now; thankfully our Prestige driver was waiting for us and we were soon at Disney’s Newport Bay Club where our Covid pass was checked and we were given a coloured wrist band for hotel entry (this was changed each day and you weren’t allowed in a hotel without one), the queue to check in went round the lobby and right to the doors!
The reception area / lobby was like this the whole time we were there - madness! Definitely not a relaxing hotel.

Once checked in, we headed off to find our room, I hadn’t realised how big this hotel is - I think we walked halfway to Paris and when we got there the key card wasn’t working so off I went back to sort it out, by this time we were flagging and ready for a drink. The room was lovely when we did get into it, bottles of water and lots of small Disney toiletries for us.

We decided to unpack later and head out as by now it was 5pm, we knew that if we sat on those beds we wouldn't have got back up - and we wanted to spend time in the park as it’s open later on Sundays.
We passed Mickey in the lobby, we also saw Minnie and Donald there on other nights. After a freezing walk around the lake; the shorter route is blocked off currently; through another Covid check and security and we were finally in Disneyland Park at 5.40pm.

We arrived just as the Tree lights were being turned on with music playing - it was a lovely way to start the trip and the park was looking really festive and welcoming. We walked up Main Street and joined the crowd for the evening Christmas parade - fabulous!

Following the parade we headed straight to Small World, as after today it would close for a refurb and it’s one of our traditional ‘must dos’, we beat the crowd so it was a walk on. It doesn’t look as if it needs a refurb, it looked very shiny and bright. A ride on Dumbo followed, then Pirates which again was a walk on. H bought a lovely Tink xmas decoration as it was the last on the shelf, and so glad she did as we didn’t see another one the same the whole time we were there.
We were starving by now and decided to go to King Ludwig’s instead of our Plaza Gardens booking (which we cancelled on the app).
We shared a ‘Planche Finger Food’ and a Flammekueche, and had a cocktail each, before the walk around the lake back to Newport and our beds. On the way to the room we passed the complimentary hot drinks machine, so we both took a hot choc to bed and slept very well.

Edited at 09:38 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Looks brilliant I love a night time parade 🤩🤩
Have a lovely time x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

So pleased you had a safe journey and are finally there 😍 Looking forward to following your report. Hope you have a lovely time xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Looks brilliant I love a night time parade 🤩🤩
Have a lovely time x
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
So pleased you had a safe journey and are finally there 😍 Looking forward to following your report. Hope you have a lovely time xx
Thankyou, we came home yesterday - we were there Sun - Thurs.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Sounds & looks amazing! I love DLP & missing it so much! Fingers crossed we get to go next month! Enjoy the rest of your trip😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That must have been stressful when the day 2 requirement changed from LFT to PCR. At least you got it sorted. The queue for check in was looonnng, wow! But you finally made it to your room and then to the park. What a lovely arrival with the tree and parade, then two of my favourite DLP rides! Small world is just brilliant there, I love it and Pirates too, without much of a wait. We've never eaten at Ludwig but it does look good from your pic.

It sounds like a great day and I hope you and your daughter had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to read more!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List