Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 14 Apr 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile DAS for 2 family members

Just planning ahead for our August trip and know I will need to sort out the DAS for my husband and my dad around the 30 days out mark.
What I'm wondering is how it works with 2 different people needing the DAS pass.

We've always in the past just got the DAS' from guest services, but would like to make use of the pre registering and pre booking of rides (to save time and stress when there).

I know that the person for the DAS needs to be there for the call, so assume I'd need to have my dad here when I'm trying to sort it for both him and my husband (not ideal if you don't know how long the call will be, seen some stating waited 9 hours 😳 ) .

His tickets are seperate to mine (but linked plans in MDE), but we would obviously like to be able to book the same pre booked rides together as a family.
So would I do the two das' at the same time on the call, or would it be better to do my husbands at our house, then go over to my parents another day to do my dad's? My parents only live 10 mins away, so wondering if they would have time to come over whilst I'm on the call sorting my husbands one out first?
If we did have to do the two seperately on two different days, could they link them up, so we could get the same rides and times for the pre booked ones?

Hope that all makes sense 🙂.

On a side note, when you pre registered, if you had DAS on previous trips, did they already know that? Just curious if they would have notes to show we'd already had DAS since 2016?

Thanks.
phi2012 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Will there be rides that your Dad goes on but not your DH? If everyone will go on the same rides you only need one as long as you are all linked on MDE. The best way to avoid a mega wait is to hit the join chat button bang on 12:00:01
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Will there be rides that your Dad goes on but not your DH? If everyone will go on the same rides you only need one as long as you are all linked on MDE. The best way to avoid a mega wait is to hit the join chat button bang on 12:00:01
My parents may want to go on different rides or seperate in the parks throughout the trip. But we would want all the pre selected rides the same for all of us. So pretty sure both my dad and hubby will need seperate das' right? Plus we are a party of 7 in total (including my parents) so not sure they could put us all on the one.

Although having said that, on previous holidays before the changes, at guest services they used to add all the extra family members to both DAS passes (which was helpful, as my parents look after the kids for us on a night, so we can go out for our anniversary).
Fingers crossed that can still happen.

And thank you for the advise to get on dead on 12. I'll definately be trying that to try and not have to wait horrendous waits 🤞.
phi2012 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I'd try and do both at once then and see what they say about seven people - it's supposed to be 6 max but I've no experience of asking for more as we are a three.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So it is meant to be six people per pass. I don’t know if they could overwrite this on the system. Just to say today it took around 10-20 mins to get from going on hold at 12pm exactly when it opened to the point where they took photo. It then took around 20-30 to sort out the attraction booking - I had already worked out the two rides I wanted, dates and time (morning, afternoon or evening) and so she just asked me to post all this info and then sorted it.
Old 19 Apr 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So it is meant to be six people per pass. I don’t know if they could overwrite this on the system. Just to say today it took around 10-20 mins to get from going on hold at 12pm exactly when it opened to the point where they took photo. It then took around 20-30 to sort out the attraction booking - I had already worked out the two rides I wanted, dates and time (morning, afternoon or evening) and so she just asked me to post all this info and then sorted it.
Good to hear it was quick today. Fingers crossed I can get it sorted as quickly when our time comes around.

Think we will just get my dad over one weekend for logging on dead on 12. And hope that it doesn't take too long and that they can set up both at the same time, with the same rides. 🤞

Thanks again everyone for your help. 😊
Old 20 Apr 22, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
Good to hear it was quick today. Fingers crossed I can get it sorted as quickly when our time comes around.

Think we will just get my dad over one weekend for logging on dead on 12. And hope that it doesn't take too long and that they can set up both at the same time, with the same rides. 🤞

Thanks again everyone for your help. 😊
The booking the rides you can do at a different time to the actual passes if that's easier too - the CM asked at the end of the video call if I wanted to do now or later and I went with now. After reading some of the horror stories about wait times I was super impressed at how easy it was. My original plan had been to wait until 30 days before my end date of trip (24th) but I had a day off work and thought you know what lets give it a go. They booked all my dates even though some were over 30 days away so was really surprised.
Old 9 May 22, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I would really love to know if this is possible to do 2 at once as we have 2 people in our party of 7 who will also need the DAS pass - I have emailed Disney to ask if you can do 2 people at once, but they have been less than helpful (didn't answer at all the first 2 emails I sent) then did reply to the third but didn't actually answer the question and just said go to guest services at the park

I am just going to try and do both at once and see what happens
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Ok - I apologise for any confusion but this worked in different ways for us for different trips... 2 members of our party have DAS passes. In WDW all of us were linked to both of the DAS passes but if one booked a DAS for all 4 of us the other couldn't book a DAS until the first one was used. Sometimes they wanted to do separate rides so one booked for themselves plus others and the other booked something else for the remaining party... It did get complicated at times but was very fair. In Disneyland the party was split so 2 on one DAS pass and 2 on the other... So sometimes we had slightly different return times... Hope this makes sense!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List