Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
You should have a look at the Freedom Trail in Boston.. and Boston in general.. a beautiful city to walk in.
Oh Boston is most certainly on the list! As is Chicago, and many others. Covid has a lot to answer for in delaying me getting them all done...
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
That's true and something I consider when reading advice from Americans on Tripadvisor and similar sites I walk everywhere here. I would only get in the car for trips over 3 miles or so. Many reasons - the price of petrol, price of parking, the nuisance of finding parking, the headache of driving in town here (narrow roads, mini roundabouts, small car parks, other drivers!) and I grew up without a car so I'm just used to walking.
I believe this. I have witnessed this firsthand. The first time I went to England I stayed with friends who live in Bromley and they walked me EVERYWHERE. They had a car and of course when I arrived I assumed we’d be driving places. Nope! 😄 We walked to restaurants, we walked to the center of town...they did have a train station about 15 mins walk from their home and we took the train to a lot of places... where we would proceed to walk for miles 😂 I begged for a taxi in London one night after a full day of walking, and they took pity on me and got one, but they could have kept going-and one of my friends was in heels 😳 I remember them stopping at a shop to buy me plasters once because I started to get a blister on my heel after a few days of this. This Californian is a lightweight as a walker compared to the Brits! 😄 The only time they drove me in their car was when they took me to Brighton. Likewise, when they came out here to visit me they were astonished by how many people drive everywhere.

PS...I won’t even go into how scary your roads were to me...the narrowness, the roundabouts...my friends still laugh about my death grip on the door handles years later 😄 I can see why you would rather walk!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941

Edited at 10:46 PM.
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We did 8 days in San Diego without a car. We stayed at the Marriott Marquis which was in a great spot so could walk to so many places. We did the Trolley Bus Tour and just used Uber to the zoo etc. We caught the little boat that goes over to Coronado Island from at the back of our hotel and spent a day on the beach there. Probably our best holiday ever.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List