Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 6 May 22, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba
Very Serious Dibber

BA - Excellent Customer Service

Just want to give credit where it’s due. We are flying with BA to London - our son’s belated 9th birthday treat (delayed due to COVID - he’s now 11) - in November.

We booked the flights in January, but I called BA today to make them aware of our son’s medical conditions. The adviser (Laura) was so lovely, and has not only taken notes that will automatically be shared with the ground staff and crew, but took the extra step to ensure the crew are emailed the details for their pre-flight briefing.

Laura gave me tips about the airport and what we should do at security. Then she told me she was refunding the charges for seat selection that we have paid! This was totally out of the blue and given we booked in January, extremely generous.

I am blown away by Laura’s empathy and understanding. 🥰 xx
Pumba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

They were fantastic when I called too. Seemed like nothing was too much to put me as ease with our son.

Opened up seats for us to book, put my son down for kids meal. Put notes on the booking for special assistance and even advised about where I could pick up a sunflower lanyard.

Looking forward to flying with them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

I called them to let them know that my DD needs to be sat with a carer despite being an adult and they pre-allocated seats for us free of charge which was a great weight off my mind.
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneydads View Post
They were fantastic when I called too. Seemed like nothing was too much to put me as ease with our son.

Opened up seats for us to book, put my son down for kids meal. Put notes on the booking for special assistance and even advised about where I could pick up a sunflower lanyard.

Looking forward to flying with them

That all sounds as positive as our experience. Hope your flights go well. Xx
Pumba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollytigs View Post
I called them to let them know that my DD needs to be sat with a carer despite being an adult and they pre-allocated seats for us free of charge which was a great weight off my mind.
It makes such a difference when they understand. So pleased they sorted it without fuss for you. 🥰 xx
Old 9 May 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I totally agree with this - I called as one of our party has ADHD and Autism, they have been so amazing, opening up seat booking for our whole party of 7, arranging special assistance at the airport, priority security access and priority boarding on the plane, they could not have been more helpful
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dolphin9511 View Post
I totally agree with this - I called as one of our party has ADHD and Autism, they have been so amazing, opening up seat booking for our whole party of 7, arranging special assistance at the airport, priority security access and priority boarding on the plane, they could not have been more helpful
Thats fantastic and I’m sure it’s a weight off your mind too. Small adaptations/adjustments make a world of difference.

Enjoy your trip when it comes around. 🥰 x
Old 10 May 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

This is good to hear, i have had great service from them over the phone. Last trip they prebooked seats free of charge due to my medical and mobility needs. However when I arrived at the airport, the check in staff said that seats cannot be prebooked for special asisstance unless you pay. Our seats were changed and I was not happy.
Upon returning home I contacted their chairmans office, who offered a voucher for my complaint. There was an issue with the villa too.
I did ask them to confirm if it was true that seats are only guaranteed for special assistance if paid for. Unfortunately they didn't answer that question!
Can anyone confirm either way please? Have to say the check in staff on that day were not helpful or friendly! Never had any issues before.
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ilovedisney View Post
This is good to hear, i have had great service from them over the phone. Last trip they prebooked seats free of charge due to my medical and mobility needs. However when I arrived at the airport, the check in staff said that seats cannot be prebooked for special asisstance unless you pay. Our seats were changed and I was not happy.
Upon returning home I contacted their chairmans office, who offered a voucher for my complaint. There was an issue with the villa too.
I did ask them to confirm if it was true that seats are only guaranteed for special assistance if paid for. Unfortunately they didn't answer that question!
Can anyone confirm either way please? Have to say the check in staff on that day were not helpful or friendly! Never had any issues before.
Not sure about that. We booked and paid for seat selection in January, but it was refunded last week when I contacted them. I didn’t request the refund. Xx
Old 14 May 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ilovedisney View Post
This is what is stated on the BA website:-

"There's no charge for reserving your seat if you have a specific seating requirement because of your disability. In most cases you can select your seat at Manage My Booking but sometimes you may need to contact us,"

found on this page ... britishairways/en-gb...est-assistance

Without going into your personal and booking details I would suggest that the staff at check in were incorrect. Hope that is of some help to you.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List