Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 May 22, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Actually it wouldn't surprise me if they did only book for hotel guests at concierge. We stayed there in November (annual pass rate, so £700 for 3 nights, we aren't made of money!) and on the first night we had Downtown booked. I started to feel ill in the afternoon and couldn't face food, so DH popped down and changed our booking to the following night.

That's not to say you won't get in, just that they probably prioritise hotel guests for bookings actually made at the hotel.

Let's not forget, while the DLH is being refurbed, the Art of Marvel is their poshest option, and it certainly is a world above the others in terms of quality.

To be honest, while the buffet is good, Sequoia Lodge and Yacht Club have equally good buffets (I'm hearing Cape Cod is actually better at the moment, as all the stuff that would normally turn up in Inventions has gone there.)

There is a certain amount of theming, but the restaurant - like the hotel itself - is not really a kid-friendly bright coloured Marvel-themed place. Its emphasis is very much on the Art part of the title. Don't get me wrong, we loved it there, but if someone's kids are desparate to eat at 'the Marvel buffet' they might be a bit disappointed.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There is a certain amount of theming, but the restaurant - like the hotel itself - is not really a kid-friendly bright coloured Marvel-themed place. Its emphasis is very much on the Art part of the title. Don't get me wrong, we loved it there, but if someone's kids are desparate to eat at 'the Marvel buffet' they might be a bit disappointed.
If we do get booked my husband and daughter (she's 26) will love it as they are huge Marvel fans. I believe that there is a bar at the hotel that you can queue up for (Skyline?) so we'll probably pop in there one evening.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ArielSam
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Actually it wouldn't surprise me if they did only book for hotel guests at concierge. We stayed there in November (annual pass rate, so £700 for 3 nights, we aren't made of money!) and on the first night we had Downtown booked. I started to feel ill in the afternoon and couldn't face food, so DH popped down and changed our booking to the following night.

That's not to say you won't get in, just that they probably prioritise hotel guests for bookings actually made at the hotel.
They really must do. There’s been nothing on the app for our week and nothing available over the phone, walked up to Concierge tonight, gave our room number and he was like “what date? What time? No problem”

If they’d just tell you that…!
ArielSam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ArielSam View Post
We’re here now, Overheard a fella at Concierge in New York Marvel hotel ask for a Downtown booking, Concierge said “yes tables available, are you a guest here?” , fella says “no” and Concierge tells him he can only book tables for New York hotel guests!
Make of that what you will.
I would be pleased that concierge are doing their job! They are there to assist hotel guests, not book restaurants for passing trade.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
We travel in October and managed to book the all the meals that we want on the app apart from Downtown, which has no slots available. Is it likely to be fully booked already, or are the slots released later than other restaurants?
I am glad I have belatedly seen this thread. I have just managed to book mine for September, I wouldn’t have even thought about it until July otherwise.

I found that I could not find times for a couple of the park restaurants and availability already getting tight on some others, so as I say, glad I spotted this.

Downtown is not available during my dates (not that I want it, I just looked as you mentioned it), but Manhattan is.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Well I’ve managed to book 10pm for one of our nights, a bit later than I would have liked but I’ll keep checking😀
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
I’ve still been checking daily and today all times became available for every night of our stay, this is just over 4 months before we travel.
Old 2 Jun 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cj25
Earning More Ears

Been checking daily for cancellations and loads of slots popped up today for 25th September. Can now celebrate daughters 30th at her choice of restaurant
Cj25 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cj25 View Post
Been checking daily for cancellations and loads of slots popped up today for 25th September. Can now celebrate daughters 30th at her choice of restaurant
Fantastic 😀
Old 3 Jun 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I’ve just managed to book Downtown this evening for our September trip for 6 of us for 9pm. I’ve booked it but not sure when the parks shut in September so if it doesn’t suit I’ll hopefully change it over there as we’re staying in the AOM.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List