Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 13 May 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Things to do near Sidcup

I find myself heading to Sidcup again next week while my daughter auditions. Whilst the first half hour or so parents are welcome after that I will have many hours to kill- so will need something to occupy myself from about 9:30 until 4pm at the earliest possibly a little longer.
Is there anything to do nearby? Last time we went (last week!) I ended up just travelling back into central London but I’d like to do something different this time. Any suggestions greatfully received!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

What kind of transport will you have? I assume your at rose bruford.

If the weather is nice Danson Park in bexleyheath and Hall Place in Bexley are both nice and have restaurants on site too. We’re not too far from bluewater if you wanted to go shopping . might be two buses or train to greenhithe and bus if your not driving.
Cinemas in bexleyheath and bluewater. There is a leisure centre in sidcup so a swim might be an option.

Good luck to your daughter.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Eltham Palace is about 15 minutes away by car or 30 minutes by public transport
english-heritage.uk/...ltham%20palace
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
I was in Sidcup last weekend actually 😁. I have family and friends there and I have to say that there isn’t a ton of stuff going on. Eltham Palace is nearby and it’s lovely there - I went to a wedding there in September - I had never been before and it’s often somewhere that locals forget about. Amazing views of the City from the gardens unless there’s an event on.

There’s a huge garden centre called Ruxley which whiles away some time plus you can also get food and snacks there. If you drive, Bluewater is a short drive BUT can be an absolute nightmare getting back and the traffic can be awful. There’s also a mini golf on the A20 Sidcup Bypass which has dinosaurs and a plane I think! (I can see it from the road 😁 ).
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Should’ve said I won’t have my car with me, we are travelling by train.
It’s for Bird college DFussy, thanks for the info and well wishes.
I’ll have a look at some of those options- thanks all.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

You could get a bus to Bromley which has a large shopping centre and some nice places to eat or a bus to chislehurst which is also very pretty with a few nice shops and restaurants and also has chislehurst caves which is a good place to visit

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Ended up sitting in the premier inn restaurant writing some of my dissertation so other than a quick to trip to Morrison’s and a walk down to Bird and back I didn’t see much of Sidcup this time around. I did pick an old lady up off the floor though so did my bit for the community 😃
Anyway, my daughter got in to bird so all is not lost- I will try some of these suggestions over the coming years!