Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 May 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

Genie+ Here Now.

Hi folks, just to give you my opinion is Genie+ worth the money.
In my opinion not really.
We’ve struggled to get ride times suitable for times we are actually in the parks even though my wife has been up early trying her hardest.
It doesn’t help when like today in Hollywood Studio’s many of the main rides have been down for long periods, for instance Rise of the Resistance has not opened up yet and it’s now 11:30am, Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster also been down for periods this morning.
We’ve been semi lucky at other parks but compared to fastpass this is poor especially now you pay for it.
To be honest the parks are busy so it’s nothing I didn’t expect.
Today for example Slinky Dog was touching a 2 hour standby it has gone down to 85 minutes now.
We have 2 Genie+ rides booked this afternoon so hopefully they don’t go down.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for letting us know.. I'm yet to purchase so unsure. I may purchase just for a couple of days but not the entire trip...

Good luck on your holiday! I hope you manage to do RoTR
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Coffeedrinker
Getting Excited

Going to WDW on Sunday and have pre-purchased G+ for everyone, watched the ‘how to’ videos. Sounds like the 7am selection time is going to be a bun fight, with plenty of scope for disappointment.
2022: Port Orleans French Quarter
2023: Port Orleans French Quarter (October!}
Coffeedrinker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

I'm here now and id say Genie+ is a must for HS if you want the headliner rides, but also make sure you arrive at the parks early to ride the others as it does start getting busy after 10am.
Old 23 May 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Coffeedrinker View Post
Going to WDW on Sunday and have pre-purchased G+ for everyone, watched the ‘how to’ videos. Sounds like the 7am selection time is going to be a bun fight, with plenty of scope for disappointment.
They add times throughout the half hour between 7 - 7.30 with new times popping up around 7.10. We didn’t know this and ended up with RotR later than we wanted on our first day. The next time we continually refreshed and got earlier.

Another tip is to make sure your party is sorted out before you go to book and that your target ride is the only one selected for your “Genie day”. It’ll be at the top of the page then.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List