Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 May 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

I must be honest and add myself to the group of people who don’t think this is new….I’m pretty certain that it was always limited lands opened for early hours /EMH in the morning. I vividly remembering targeting Fantasyland every early morning as the options were Fantasy or Tomorrow. I really don’t think this is a new development. The other parks it was always the odd ride that didn’t open early but in MK it’s always been Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land I’m sure….
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
I must be honest and add myself to the group of people who don’t think this is new….I’m pretty certain that it was always limited lands opened for early hours /EMH in the morning. I vividly remembering targeting Fantasyland every early morning as the options were Fantasy or Tomorrow. I really don’t think this is a new development. The other parks it was always the odd ride that didn’t open early but in MK it’s always been Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land I’m sure….
You’re not wrong. We didn’t do early entry a lot pre COVID but I do remember only certain rides being open. Of course you had an hour then. Our preference was a pre-park opening breakfast to get in prime position for the closest ride. Be Our Guest was always worth it to get on 7DMT. I miss that too .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

We got home on Saturday and didn’t have the excited buzz this time. 35 degrees and pregnant daughter would have contributed but having to wake up at 7 am to try and book LLs isn’t part of a holiday. Despite doing that getting offered afternoon for rides like FOP meant we just gave up. The security at the airport on their power trips just ruined the joy. The expense, issues with the car and no organisation ☹️. Right now aside from the Disney cruise we wish we’d saved our money. I don’t wish anyone else a bad time but I’m sticking with the West Country for now.
Old 23 May 22, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

It’s been massively busy as expected. Regardless of what lands were open or not this probably was the final straw. Roped dropped HS and marched to slinky only to be told its down. Over to tower and 45 min wait. Lost the advantage. Rope dropped AK and held on the bridge to Pandora as that land not open until 8.15. No explanation. Rode it but by the time we’re out the whole park was swamped. Tried to book ROTR 6.59am 7am etc etc. despite having roaming with supposedly the best supplier and my DW trying her hotel connection we got booted off it and was unsuccessful. By the time we got back in, 2 minutes! Sold out. What’s the actual point? There are so many wonderful things in Disney. The hotel we are in is great. The restaurants we have done have been great. The busses are horrible. Uber everywhere now. Congratulations to everyone that have successfully rope dropped everything but it’s a total lottery and for this money I’d rather play the lottery at home! Thank god off to the hard rock for a week.
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Just thought I would add my two pence as I’m also here at the moment, Sunday we went to early hours Hollywood studios we were on and off rise in under 25 mins. We then went on toy story mania said 60 was done in 25 mins, we have got genie + we went on mickey and Minnie, didn’t wait 5 mins, then met Olaf 5 mins queue, used genie for frozen show. Could have got a slinky for around 4 but we were burnt out on our first day.

Today been to animal kingdom, on Everest first twice 5 min queue each time, booked safari for 9am, went on kali river rapids and did the trails first, triceratops spin then lunch, genie for navi popped up at 2

Genie has deffo helped us as each time we have used it we have pretty much walked on
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
Certainly new since our last visit in 2014. You got an hour for EMH and everything was open back then.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Seems an ever increasing lottery. I don’t want to be dissatisfied with Disney, it’s brought me so much joy. I feel I must add we didn’t buy genie for balance. Just not my week I guess
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

I'm in agreement with some of what's said regarding Disney sucking some of the enjoyment out, parks being busy and prices...I knew this before we left the UK and just changed our plans and expectations.

We now go to the parks with the attitude of getting there on opening, get on what we can as soon as we can, we don't stay onsite so always fighting that 30 minute battle v the onsight guests, but we expected that scenario, we hit HS at 0730 the other day and FOP was already 70 min wait, there's no way we do ques longer than 40mins so just went on Navi River, walked on Everest as a single rider, and enjoyed a few shows with the kids (5&3) and took in the atmosphere.

I'm not a fan of Genie+ but can see it has some benefits, 99% of those benefits are in Disneys favour however, I'm old school and think you should actually be physically in the park to make bookings, just my opinion 😉
Old 24 May 22, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonmadlad View Post
I'm in agreement with some of what's said regarding Disney sucking some of the enjoyment out, parks being busy and prices...I knew this before we left the UK and just changed our plans and expectations.

We now go to the parks with the attitude of getting there on opening, get on what we can as soon as we can, we don't stay onsite so always fighting that 30 minute battle v the onsight guests, but we expected that scenario, we hit HS at 0730 the other day and FOP was already 70 min wait, there's no way we do ques longer than 40mins so just went on Navi River, walked on Everest as a single rider, and enjoyed a few shows with the kids (5&3) and took in the atmosphere.

I'm not a fan of Genie+ but can see it has some benefits, 99% of those benefits are in Disneys favour however, I'm old school and think you should actually be physically in the park to make bookings, just my opinion 😉
Agree completely. I’m cynical. Just seems every which way I plan or turn the gods are against me! But on the other hand got a fantastic table at Ohana’s and a lovely meal to watch the fireworks and now sitting in narcossees with a castle view having a wonderful meal so it really is swings and roundabouts
Old 24 May 22, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What I’ve noticed from this thread is that different people have different thresholds for what they consider a reasonable wait time. Or a reasonable time to get to the parks and wait to get in.
Those who have managed to get on big rides at early park entry - how long did you wait before you got into the park? I would count that as “wait time”. Personally I don’t want to turn up half an hour before park opening to stand and wait to be let in then march round to a ride to get on with “minimal wait” (taking into account the time you’ve already spent at the park entrance). We had our parents with us who can’t rush round the park to a ride so by the time we actually got to a ride half of early entry was over. At DHS we basically had to choose between Smugglers Run and TSM to ride with no wait. Our Genie plus didn’t work the first two days either which didn’t help.

Everyone is having a different experience because they’re going at different times (of day and month/year), their parties are different and they have different thresholds for wait times. It’s also down to luck sometimes.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List