Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 May 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
2008 year of a million dreams - we came out of the Epcot character meet and great and staff members were clapping and putting lanyards over us - we had free fast passes for the park for the day - the fast passes were on plastic card on the lanyard.
We were initially bewildered but then couldn’t believe it!
Old 24 May 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
2008 year of a million dreams - we came out of the Epcot character meet and great and staff members were clapping and putting lanyards over us - we had free fast passes for the park for the day - the fast passes were on plastic card on the lanyard.
We were initially bewildered but then couldn’t believe it!
That happened to us in Hollywood Studio’s, I’ve still got the lanyard x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

2006 in Epcot, I went to fastpass Mission:SPACE and the machine spewed out multiple tickets to all the FP rides for me & the family because it was my birthday.

A few days later and we were in AK on Halloween. We were at the old character meet & greet section and every character overloaded the kids with sweets, filling their hands and pockets. Mickey even took the hat off my head and filled it up! A CM went to a nearby stall and got us a carrier bag to put it all in and we were still eating them a couple of months later!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

When I was really little, I met Mary Poppins in the U.K. pavilion and no one else was around so she just talked to me for ages and walked me around the pavilion and it was just magical. I ended up doing the CRP and working in the pavilion and I’d still get starstruck every time I saw Mary!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
adrian-sara
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Duelling dragons at Universal. After the ride, we went back to the lockers with the kids and picked up our stuff. Turned out we hadn't picked up a pair of sunglasses and it took forever for a staff member to help us, the lockers were super busy that day. She apologised for the wait, helped us get the glasses, and gave us a secret password for forbidden journey that got us all through to the front of the queue. 😊
2010 Emerald Island villa; 2013 Indian Ridge villa; 2015 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2017 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2018 The Pillars, Ft Lauderdale, Hard Rock Hotel and Port Orleans Riverside; 2019 Sapphire Falls
adrian-sara is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

This April we were given free parking by the guy in the booth at Magic Kingdom. He said 'That is the coolest shirt I've seen for a while. For that you get free parking today' then waved us in.

Later that evening while we were waiting for the fireworks we stopped to grab some dinner at Casey's Corner. We were using the mobile app and it just wouldn't work. We tried time and time again and just couldn't get it to work. A CM came to our rescue. She took our order down in her note book. (4 Hotdog meals with fries and sodas) and within a couple of minutes she was back with a huge tray of food and drinks for us. When I asked her where I could pay she said 'No need, these are on Mickey, enjoy your meal' and off she went. We saved over $60 there and another $25 on the parking. It was our last day in WDW this year and seeing the new fireworks show with the lighting effects all down Main Street combined with all the pixie dust that day made it one we'll remember fondly.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Aw I love this thread ❤️ Our two best Disney magic moments were checking into Saratoga springs for 10 nights and being upgraded from a studio to a 2 bedroom apartment and after an early tusker house breakfast booked prior to park opening we left the restaurant as the park opened and some man appearing from no where asking if we’d like a private safari ride before it officially opened - he then sat in the back with us and give us a guided tour!
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
This April we were given free parking by the guy in the booth at Magic Kingdom. He said 'That is the coolest shirt I've seen for a while. For that you get free parking today' then waved us in.
Don't keep us in suspense! Show us the shirt.
Old 27 May 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
Don't keep us in suspense! Show us the shirt.
If I must...
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
On our first visit to Universal, we knew our son was going to be way too small for the Forbidden Journey ride... but we asked the team member at the start of the queue if there was a way to get inside to see inside of the castle etc, but not to ride... just have a look... was there much to see etc?

She put my son in the test chair thing they have at the gate and made a fuss of him of what height he needed to be etc... she then turned to us and said.."Do you want to come in and see the castle?"

She proceeded to take us behind the scenes and gave us a bit of a private tour... showing us all the bits you see in the queue and explain what they were etc... all great

Then we reached the ride part, told us to get into the parent swap room bit and we could ride it with our daughter, then swap parents and ride again...!
Really nice touch...

She ended it with giving our son a "certificate to ride"... a piece of paper that got us front of line when he was big enough...so we used that a couple of years later...
Moz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List