Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 21 May 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Can anyone recommend a large holiday cottage in the UK?

Me and my siblings and parents all live fairly far apart from one another so every other year we book a cottage for a week over Christmas. We usually look around now for next Christmas (i.e we are now looking to book christmas 2023). I am really struggling this year! (and we have been booking these since 2012) Each year our family gets bigger and room requirements change, so this could be the reason im struggling but also could be that everything has gone up in price massively. Has anyone stayed in a large cottage in the UK recently or recommend a website to find one? (i've tried airbnb, group accommodation, cottages.com, vrbo e.t.c There are 14 of us and we ideally need 7 bedrooms or could have fewer bedrooms and a smaller cottage or annex attached.
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have used Sykes cottages before. We stayed in these 2 place in Wales before COVID.
Both were really good for large groups. If I had to choose I’d go back to Bettws Hall cottages again. They have hot tubs and ample parking.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Have you tried Sykes Cottages they seem to have a few larger cottages.
Old 21 May 22, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Rural Retreats have large luxurious cottages we have used for family & friends get together in new surroundings

ruralretreats/cottages-for-groups
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have just booked this for a weekend in October as a surprise for Dave. Sorry can't do links but we used Vrbo.

EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are also using Sykes Cottages for two five bedroom houses one in East Wittering and the other in Newquay.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 21 May 22, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

We have stayed at Church Farm Barns in Wickmere in Norfolk (15 mins from coast), once for Xmas and once for New Year with a large group. It’s actually 3 barns set around a central courtyard but the largest (Corner Barn) is big enough for everyone to gather during the day and there is a table big enough to seat everyone. If you take all 3 barns they sleep 17 people I think and allow dogs too. There is also a 4th barn that sleeps an additional 8 people.
Would highly recommend, all well equipped and the owners are lovely.
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Barncastle in the Cotswolds is fab. A 5 bed house with a 2 bed cottage across the way. We’ve had a couple of Christmases there and just love it.

barncastle/
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

We went to Coombehayes barn for my 40th - its in Lyme Regis and has an indoor swimming pool.
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone . Tried Sykes but they were fixed on Christmas dates (we wanted from the 20th). Managed to find one in Aberystwyth on cottages.com. Paid a bit more than we usually do (but doesn't that seem to be the case with everything now) When we book these cottages 18 months in advance it always seems so far away but it certainly come around quickly!
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List