Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
crid
Very Serious Dibber

I also contacted them via Twitter and they just echoed the "closed until further notice" response.

While I understand there's a cost to running this there's also a cost to having everyone have to queue at the airport, not least in them really annoying customers by taking away a really valuable service.

At the weekend the Upper Class queue was about 15 people with 2 people checking in, for some unknown reason every group being checked in was taking ages, including them having to keep walk over to the main desks. The economy line was queued out of the desk area and around the corner into the main lobby area.

Surely reopening the Disney Springs option would be more efficient than the mess that's currently being operated?
Old 26 May 22, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

For all anyone knows - it might be Disney who wont let them reopen at Disney Springs...
Old 26 May 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
Honestly, I’ve never wished we had it more than our last trip. We flew home on Sunday and waited over an hour to check in our cases at MCO. We were premium economy and there was just one woman checking in Premium/Upper Class and then two separate flight crews came and she had to check them in as well. There were 5 people checking in economy. It was really poor from Virgin. There were some people in our line on an earlier flight and they ended up with less than an hour to go through security and get to their gate. I’m really hoping it was just a one off.

Unfortunately not a one off. Exactly the same last November. 1 person checking in upper and premium. Would have been quicker to check in via economy queue. Took almost 2 hours. Ridiculous. I’m hoping it opens by October but I have a feeling it won’t.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Poohbear62 View Post
Unfortunately not a one off. Exactly the same last November. 1 person checking in upper and premium. Would have been quicker to check in via economy queue. Took almost 2 hours. Ridiculous. I’m hoping it opens by October but I have a feeling it won’t.
We flew back in UC last November. It was a bit of a mess then as all desks were together, including a first line for checking PL forms. TBH I didn't notice that queue at first and just lifted the barrier and went straight to the UC desk. She took us back to the front of the first line to check the forms after check in.

When we flew back last month the UC desk had moved back to the opposite area and was separate to Econ and PE. We were checked within minutes so hopefully it is much better now going forward.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I think its due to staffing that it has not re-opened, USA airports are having the same recruitment issues as here and I think the springs check-in is not a priority at the moment.

Hopefully, it come back at some stage- it survived 9/11 (came back with a fee) so hopefully it will survive covid
Old 31 Jul 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigerlilly22
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I think its due to staffing that it has not re-opened, USA airports are having the same recruitment issues as here and I think the springs check-in is not a priority at the moment.

Hopefully, it come back at some stage- it survived 9/11 (came back with a fee) so hopefully it will survive covid

A friend works for them and said the issue is they have lost the original site they used and are trying to get another area sorted. It will be back but there’s work to do to get a firm location.
Tigerlilly22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Is there a separate PE check in desk at MCO or is it combined with economy?
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chrissie H View Post
Is there a separate PE check in desk at MCO or is it combined with economy?
There’s a PE desk but it’s for all flights so when we were there it was still a bit of a wait. Depends how many flights that day I suppose and probably still a lot better than waiting in the economy queue.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thank you, useful to know
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List