Notices

Old 26 Jun 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile CBebbies Land @ Alton Towers - plan of action

Hi everyone, we go to AT on Wednesday and no doubt will be spending our entire day in Cbebbies land with our 2 and 4 year old.

Any suggestion for the best rides to “hit” first as I’m a rookie at UK theme parks.

I did hear In the Night Garden is popular.

Thanks!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

The queues do get quite big there,Postman Pat is a popular one,we had to wait a while,the same with the Octonauts one.Not been for a while though as DS is 8 now,used to love it there!
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

It’s a very small area so you may struggle to stretch it out for a whole day.
I’d say In the night garden and the octonauts coaster are probably the busiest rides
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Don’t miss the shows in the Big Fun Show Time area, they will have the times on the app or on a board just outside. There is also another stage on the lawns just outside CBeebies Land with various shows all day.

If you want to venture into the rest of the park the Sealife centre is always worth a look around with little ones.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

We went a few weeks ago, octonaughts and in the night garden were the busiest, I would get there before opening and do one of those first, they always open the gates before 10am, it was pretty quiet for the first half an hour when we went, also much quieter at the end of the day. We did it first and last and then explored the rest of the park and watched some shows/ had lunch in the middle and got our youngest to nap. The sealife is good too and there’s a few other rides like the carousel all the little ones can go on. We had a great time, hope you enjoy it
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyG
Looking for my Ears

They generally open the park at about 9-9.15 now (although most rides don’t start until 10). My wife headed straight to Gangsta Granny at 9.15 with our youngest and they had it operating already (along with the frog hopper and carousel). If you want to do Gangsta- would definitely suggest that as a plan.

Generally in the night garden and Octonauts run the biggest lines so would suggest heading there if not.

Some, like Postman Pat start long but quieten during the day.

Don’t forget to check out Sealife Centre too!
GrumpyG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We went in May before everything was fully open but it was a bank holiday weekend. Got to the car park for around 9.20. The monorail wasn’t running so had to walk to the entrance.
Walked to CBeebies first and was in the queue for the first ride at 9.50.
We had all the rides done by 11.30am and just headed out to the rest of the park as it was getting busy.
Started at octonaughts, bug ride thingy, go jetters, in the night garden, postman pat.
We only waited 5 min for go jetters at about 10.20, then by 11.30 it was 50min.
Shouldn’t be too bad on weekday.
Monorail was running when we left at 3pm
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

As others have said, in theory gangsta granny first if you want to do it but only if you get in at park opening, however there is a bit of a surprise loud jump but at the end (won’t be more specific so not to spoil) than may be a bit much for your children. Octonauts was always a huge favourite with my son and always had long queues (the 2 yo may be too small) and as others have said the night garden (warning, it’s dire for adults) and postman pat. I’ve also got a bit unlucky when queueing for the tree bug ride thing and sometimes found long queues there.

Do make the shows, they are good. You can make it a whole day experience - but if you want, go up to the David Williams area where your 4yo should be big enough for the cars and both for raj’s bottom burp. If it’s quiet and you’re polite they will let you in raj’s shop but it is pricey for stuff you can just buy off Amazon for a lot less! Take the sky ride from there, it can take you all the way back to the main entrance area near the sealife centre (there’s also a spinning tug bupoat ride we told my son was swashbuckle, they just couldn’t get it in CBeebies…). If your 4 yo does like the octonauts coaster it’s definitely worth trying the runaway mine train with him.

However, whatever you do, do not think it may be a good idea to do duel. It’s not.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone! Some great tips there!

Will be hard balancing what my youngest can go on against her brother but hopefully plenty to keep them both busy.

Can’t wait
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List