Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Apr 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkrose
Getting Excited

We have four nights in Boston (including arrival day) and then we pick up a hire car and are travelling round spending 3 nights in Cape Cod, one night in Lenox, 3 nights in Stowe, 3 nights in Jackson and then finally one night in Kennebunkport before returning to Boston for our flight home.
pinkrose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkrose View Post
We have four nights in Boston (including arrival day) and then we pick up a hire car and are travelling round spending 3 nights in Cape Cod, one night in Lenox, 3 nights in Stowe, 3 nights in Jackson and then finally one night in Kennebunkport before returning to Boston for our flight home.
Sounds good! Happy planning.
Old 4 Apr 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
We are hopefully heading to Boston too next May I hope. 4 nights there before flying down to DC for 7 nights then heading for 10 nights touring our friends and family in Williamsburg, Roanoke, Smith Mountain Lake and Culpeper. I really cant wait especially as we will be in Boston for my husbands birthday on May 3rd!

Our date has now moved to end of October 2022 and I am still super excited!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

We are staying in Boston for a few nights about the same time as you by the looks of it? We only booked it as we bought my daughter tickets for a concert at fenway park for her christmas present. Never been to Boston before but quite looking forward to it after all these glowing reviews! We are staying at the Commonwealth hotel, mainly for its proximity to Fenway park. Other than that, we havent made any plans yet.
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
We are staying in Boston for a few nights about the same time as you by the looks of it? We only booked it as we bought my daughter tickets for a concert at fenway park for her christmas present. Never been to Boston before but quite looking forward to it after all these glowing reviews! We are staying at the Commonwealth hotel, mainly for its proximity to Fenway park. Other than that, we havent made any plans yet.
For me, the Freedom Trail is a fantastic 3 mile walk that covers the main historic sites of Boston in a single hit (or over several days). I like my History and there is absolutely loads that relates to the Revolution in this City. All you have to do is ‘Follow the Red Brick Line’ from Boston Common to USS Constitution.

I also recommend this book. It is of a ‘Ladybird’ standard, not digging too deep whilst being extremely informative at the same time. We carried it with us!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:55 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
For me, the Freedom Trail is a fantastic 3 mile walk that covers the main historic sites of Boston in a single hit (or over several days). I like my History and there is absolutely loads that relates to the Revolution in this City. All you have to do is ‘Follow the Red Brick Line’ from Boston Common to USS Constitution.

I also recommend this book. It is of a ‘Ladybird’ standard, not digging too deep whilst being extremely informative at the same time. We carried it with us!

Fantastic! Thank you that looks ideal
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I've been back and forth over the last few months over the cost of this trip. There's been various impacts on the affordability of the trip like less work, household projects, cost of living/ energy bills and diminishing exchange rate. We also booked the fly drive through BA, so only paid a £200 deposit and as the date to pay the balance drew near it was very much on my mind. The other important factor is that all the hotels booked were cancellable most with no payment made. One deducted single night pre payment, but this has now been refunded. At a push we may have made it, but it would have been a push too far.

I have, therefore, reluctantly at first, cancelled our trip to New England this year. I was disappointed, but I knew that I'd done the right thing. BA have kindly provided a voucher for the deposit, so the money hasn't gone down the plughole...yet.

However, all is not lost for this year as within 24 hours hours of cancelling I researched and booked a holiday to our beloved Corfu. We also have taken advantage of the prices afforded by a very early end of college year.

So all has worked out well!

I feel really happy that we can still get away, and am looking forward to some lazy, sunny days.

Yamas.

Edited at 11:31 AM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Yamas. Off to Crete soon cant wait. I know we share a love of Greece so have a wonderful holiday.
Old 23 May 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Yamas. Off to Crete soon cant wait. I know we share a love of Greece so have a wonderful holiday.
Thanks.

Hope you have a great time too.

🇬🇷