Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Jan 22, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Booked for a Feb half-term, off-site trip! (Had to postpone to Easter)

Kinda a pre-trip report, but not intending on writing up the full trip. Just wanted to post my excitement of going and share what we've paid that might be a useful guide for someone!

We're going from 21st to 25th February, four adults - me, my mum, my brother and his girlfriend. We have to go at half term as my brother is a teacher. We have been many times (lost count but it's about 10+) before, and usually stay on-site. However, we're staying off-site to keep costs down, and part of our reasoning is that we don't need a hotel and ticket package, the tickets are already sorted as I work for Disney in the UK.

We're going by ferry from Dover to Calais at 7am in the morning, and staying in the Premier Inn at Dover the night before. Two rooms here came to £86 for a night and saves us getting up at stupid o'clock to drive there so well worth it for £21.50 per person.

The ferry is booked with DFDS, who I've never sailed with before, but they're including a complimentary meal, so we've got breakfast sorted for travel day, and dinner for the way back. This came to £174 return, so £43.50 per person.

The hotel we're staying is the Aparthotel Adagio Serris Val D'Europe. This is pretty much as close as you can get to Disney without being on-site - it's a 15 minute walk to the gates, so barely any further than Cheyenne and Santa Fe. There are shuttle buses if required.

We've gone for a two bedroom apartment (sleeps up to six) to give us plenty of room, but you can also get studios (sleeps two) and one bedrooms (sleep four) for cheaper. They have a kitchenette so you can make your own breakfast/other meals if required, and it's right near the Val d'Europe shopping centre and the Auchan supermarket.

We've paid £385 for four nights, so £96.25 per person. I'd really recommend it for anyone who is looking to keep costs down by saving on the room rate and food, or has annual passes/tickets already sorted.

So our costs so far come to £161 each, which is a bargain for a five day trip. Will add onto that the cost of two tanks of petrol between us, the tolls for the French motorway (about €22 each way) and a COVID test to get into France (£15). Hopefully they scrap that last one in the next few weeks!

Then the only costs are food, drink and souvenirs when we're there! No particular restaurant plans just yet other than my brother wants to go to the buffet at Billy Bob's!

Very excited that the fireworks are going to be back. Mum is gutted that it's a small world is closed for repairs!

Don't usually go for a 5-day trip, usually 3 or 4, but the driving means we'll have 3 full days and 2 half days, so can take it pretty leisurely. It also wasn't much more expensive than the 3 night/4 day option we priced up.

Anyway, hope this was helpful, happy to answer any questions!

Edited at 10:50 AM.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow your hotel looks amazing for the price! Not long to go! Hope you all have an amazing time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Wow your hotel looks amazing for the price! Not long to go! Hope you all have an amazing time!
Thanks Nanna! I would much rather be staying in Hotel New York like you are but this one's pretty good for the price.

And yes, it's exciting to book and only having a few weeks to wait before going!
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mr-paul View Post
Thanks Nanna! I would much rather be staying in Hotel New York like you are but this one's pretty good for the price.

And yes, it's exciting to book and only having a few weeks to wait before going!
I would happily stay where you are if just me and DH( in fact if I enjoy DLP I think we just might!)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re staying at the Adagio on our 1st night before heading to Marvel for 4 nights. We land at night and I didn’t want to lose a park day. We’ve stayed at the Adagio about 4 times. We love it. Great location too as Val D’Europe is over the road. Plenty of restaurants and the Outlet Village. We got a fantastic deal for Marvel with tickets but I wouldn’t hesitate in future to go back to the Adagio.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

I booked that hotel last year but had to cancel. Number 1 choice offsite as very easy to walk to. On-site is getting so expensive! Have a brill time and please do a trip report!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
We’re staying at the Adagio on our 1st night before heading to Marvel for 4 nights. We land at night and I didn’t want to lose a park day. We’ve stayed at the Adagio about 4 times. We love it. Great location too as Val D’Europe is over the road. Plenty of restaurants and the Outlet Village. We got a fantastic deal for Marvel with tickets but I wouldn’t hesitate in future to go back to the Adagio.
That's a great way of doing things. I always try to travel so I arrive in the morning/by lunch, but if you have a night-time arrival that's a really sensible option.

You've made me consider a split stay myself later in the year once the Avengers Campus has opened in the Studios - do a couple of nights at Adagio and a night or two at Marvel!

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I booked that hotel last year but had to cancel. Number 1 choice offsite as very easy to walk to. On-site is getting so expensive! Have a brill time and please do a trip report!
Oh no, I definitely do recommend it whenever you do get to go!

Ok, I will try to do some kind of round-up report even if it's not a complete play by play!
Old 6 Feb 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
SAM161
Looking for my Ears

Wow that’s an amazing price! Have a great time and thanks for sharing, so useful.
SAM161 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Great price and looks fab. Really makes you think about the crazy onsite prices. I've been looking for 4 nights for a while now and the prices all went up a week or so back. 1500 for four nights at SL in golden forest room. Such a lot of money and art of marvel is over 400 a night! I mean.. really! Sigh.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We definitely got good use out of our annual passes - our first trip was £200 for 3 nights in the Ibis, and our second was £700 for 3 nights in the Art of Marvel. I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay full price for that hotel but ohhhh, it was so good.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List