Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 12 Feb 22, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

All of the above are great recommendations 👌 we've been going for 12 years, its got very expensive over the years, we've stayed on all parts of the island, all are great! Sunrise gardens is excellent & the location is perfect however its been taken over by Vacassa & the prices are way more than what we've ever payed. If you want cheap & cheerful, check out SilverSurf Resort, rooms are great, free breakfast & they have their own section on the beach with free sunloungers (Trust me, not many places have sunbeds ,everyone seems to take chairs) Trolley stops right outside & walking distance to Bridge Street with bars & restaurants. Definitely go the Rod and Reel, food had always been amazing for us & you can't beat eating whilst watching dolphins & manatees swim by, it's very rustic. The Swordfish grill over cortex Bridge is fab, they do crab racing which is entertaining! Sandbar we've been going since it looked like a shack, it's had alot of investment over the years, food used to be great but we feel its gone very expensive for what you get now, however, go for just a drink & watch the sunset 🌇 Enjoy!
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed in Bradenton and explored the area, much cheaper than staying on AMI. Enjoy it’s beautiful even if we did have a hurricane, one of the best days of my life was having lunch at the sandbar and then sitting on the beach and watching the sunset with these idiots!
Old 14 Feb 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

I love Anna Maria, my parents have been going there for 25 years! We really like 2 Scoops Ice Cream Parlour and The Cafe on the Beach- last time we went they still did the unlimited pancake breakfasts, but I am not sure if they still do.

The trolly bus is great, gets you to all of the important places. You don't need to drive on the island at all.

The beach is just wonderful, but the best is up at the north of the island.
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 22, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve always found two scoops to be great and have never had a problem with the servers
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Please look out for "my" planks on the City pier.

We visited in 2012 and they were raising money to replace the hurricane damaged City pier at the time. You could buy planks for the new pier and have them inscribed.
We bought 2
- One for my kids Joe & Vyrnwy Benson
- one inscribed " Rwy n dy garu di Brian ! Judy "(I love you Brian in Welsh)

Never been back to see them installed since then. Hoping we do get a chance before another hurricane hits it and they disappear !

If anyone sees them would you photo them and PM - would so love to see them in situ and the chances of going myself any time soon are slim

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
Please look out for "my" planks on the City pier.

We visited in 2012 and they were raising money to replace the hurricane damaged City pier at the time. You could buy planks for the new pier and have them inscribed.
We bought 2
- One for my kids Joe & Vyrnwy Benson
- one inscribed " Rwy n dy garu di Brian ! Judy "(I love you Brian in Welsh)

Never been back to see them installed since then. Hoping we do get a chance before another hurricane hits it and they disappear !

If anyone sees them would you photo them and PM - would so love to see them in situ and the chances of going myself any time soon are slim
We will try and spot them for you when we are there hopefully on 4-8 May 2022.
Wonder if every single plank is inscribed?
Don't suppose they gave you any idea of location by any chance?
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’m on the pier right now and had intended to find your planks, but there isn’t a single plank with any inscription on it anywhere. All the planks are blank as are the benches 🤷

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've just done a quick google. All the planks were removed, stored in someone's mill and to be made in to memorial walls.

Here's the article amisun/2018/01/06/pi...ety%20 Museum.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Right - we’ve just been & asked and it’s not great news I’m afraid 🙁

The girl said the planks weren’t used on the pier and people were given the option to collect them. If not collected they were used to build the fence across the road at the entrance to the pier.

So we set off there. And we did find the fencing with the inscribed planks but couldn’t find yours. I’m so sorry. We checked every plank, front and back of the fence, and walked down the street a wee bit in every direction incase there was another stretch of fence anywhere. But definitely not there.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

One place that hasn’t been mentioned is Hurricane hanks. Great food, no sea view but good value and the best ever margaritas.