Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Mar 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go Finally - Day 2 Wild Florida

Day 2 – Wild Florida

After a busy day at Seaworld yesterday and only 4 hours sleep in the last 48 hours, I crashed at just gone 8pm so obviously I was wide awake at 4.30am and accidentally woke Mr Grump …. Oops! I showered whilst everyone was sleeping, Noah was up 5.30am and Thomas at 6am and Caitlin 6.30am

This morning was Presidents Day and we knew the parks would be busy so we decided to book Wild Florida. We were all really looking forward to this as it was something different and something we hadn’t done before I knew Noah wouldn’t eat breakfast this morning so he had a bowl of frosties. We were out the door and in the car by 7.15am. We didn’t have far to travel for breakfast, it was just across the road, we were off to Wendys!

Breakfast

Chris ordered the classic sausage, egg and cheese breakfast combo which included seasoned potatoes and a small sprite - $5.39

Thomas had the classic bacon, egg and cheese breakfast combo (minus the cheese) with seasoned potatoes and orange juice - $5.39

Caitlin had the breakfast baconator combo (no egg, no cheese, no cheese sauce) with apple bites and a sweet tea … so basically a large bacon sandwich - $5.99

I had the breakfast bacon, egg, swiss croissant combo, I had apple bites with mine but Noah had these and a coke which I took to the car as I can’t eat and drink together - $5.59

We also ordered an orange juice for Noah which was $2.39.

We all really enjoyed this breakfast, so much nicer and better than our IHOP one and less than half the price

The total bill came to $26.36.

Whilst waiting for our food a lovely elderly couple came over and chatted to us. The guy explained he worked in Disney at Galaxy’s Edge and recognised our accents as British and asked where we were from. We told them a little about us and that we were here for 3 weeks. They were lovely and said they used to come every 5 years for their anniversary and several years ago they retired to Florida and it was the best thing they’ve ever done. They were ever so lovely and wished us a great day and great trip.

We were running a little late after this. We were meant to be at Wild Florida for 8.30am for our 9am boat tour but we didn’t leave Wendy’s until just gone 8am and the time on the sat nav kept increasing. We eventually got there are 8.50am and rushed in to check in, the lady was lovely and said it was fine, they say 8.30am to make sure people don’t turn up too late.

We enjoyed a nice look around waiting for our turn and seen some wildlife. A staff member came and called the family names and explained which captain you were going out with. We were with a family of 4 adults and a family of 3 with a child a bit younger than Noah. We all really enjoyed this, we saw lots of birds, some cows and a couple of baby alligators and a mummy one the trip. The captain was very knowledgeable and it was great to see a different side of Florida than theme parks and shops

We stopped in the little shop after our tour and Thomas bought a little bottle with some alligator teeth in, Noah bought a mini crocheted turtle and Chris got a fridge magnet, some lovely little souvenirs.

Next we decided to have a walk around the park and look at the animals. We got to see and stroke fluffy. Fluffy isn’t what you think he would be

We were then invited to have a photo with Fluffy so we went to queue for this. This was a good interaction and the kids found it hilarious when he began relieving himself on the handler Chris really wanted to buy the photo.

By the time we’d finished it was almost time for the Krusher show so we watched this which was a fab show! After this Noah seen there was petting zoo so we went in there. Noah was totally in his element here, it was so cute, so many lovely little animals that were so tame, I had to remind Noah a couple of times as he was getting a bit too excitable and running which wasn’t allowed. He absolutely loves animals and would have sat there all day stroking them if he could. We wandered round the rest of the zoo and by the time we were finished it was 12.30 so we decided to head for lunch.

The plan had been to have lunch at the on site café, however, on the way I had seen a Chick-Fil-A and really fancied this so we decided to head back there instead.

Lunch

Caitlin, Thomas and Noah had lunchables, crisps and rice krispie treats for their lunch.

I ordered the Chick-Fil-A Deluxe with no pickles as a meal - $8.29

Chris ordered the Grilled Chicken Club meal - $10.69

We also ordered Caitlin and Thomas a 3 strip meal to share - $7.99

Once seated Chris was looking at the menu and was disappointed he hadn’t seen Smokehouse BBQ Bacon Sandwich meal. Food was very quick and arrived in less than 10 minutes. When we opened them up we realised they had actually given Chris the Smokehouse BBQ Bacon Sandwich meal how strange. I have no idea if this was more expensive or cheaper than the club, but it’s the club that’s on our receipt. We all really enjoyed this meal, the waffle fries were hot and tasty and the chicken was divine, I was devastated I could only managed ½ the burger, so I packaged it up to take with me and eat in the car on the way back

The total for this was $28.99.

Mr Grump has been suffering with a cold since we landed so we popped to Walmart to grab him so decongestants and a few other little bits. We then headed back to the hotel and by 3pm the kids were in the pool for a couple of hours whilst I wrote up my blog and read my kindle. The pool was quite busy but not overcrowded and we managed to get seats no problem. There was a staff member putting on games for the kids, such as collecting the diving toys. They really enjoyed it. The boys then decided they wanted to go in the hot tub, there were no adults in so we sat at the side and supervised them.

At 5pm we headed back to the room and had showers then down to Applebee's for dinner. Our plan was Friendly’s for dinner tonight, but we really couldn't be bothered and just wanted something quick and easy so opted for this. I had signed up to Applebee’s last night and I’d received an email with a free appetiser.

Dinner

We were seated immediately which I was happy with. Last night when I came for the takeout there was a 30 minute wait for a table!

I ordered water, Chris and Thomas ordered pepsi, Caitlin didn’t feel great so just had the bottle of water she had with her and Noah wanted water too. I had signed up to Applebees the night before and got a voucher for a free appetiser. The server was a little strange, I felt he was very abrupt and just didn’t seem to friendly.

I ordered the Chicken Wonton Tacos - $9.99

Caitlin ordered the 6oz Sirloin Steak - $14.99

Chris ordered the Prime Rib Dip - $14.29

Thomas and Noah shared Fish and Chips - £13.99

Caitlin really enjoyed her steak, she also tried one of my wonton tacos, she liked the chicken and the taco but not the slaw. I ate quite a bit of her mash which was garlic mash and it was amazing! I dreamt of this throughout the holiday but no other mashed potato came near it Chris really enjoyed his prime rib dip, I tried a little too and it was very tasty, he just said there was way too much. Noah did not like the fish at all and also wouldn’t eat the fries, Thomas said the fish was ok but not the best he’d ever had and the chips were nice. I enjoyed my wonton tacos, I managed a full one and about ¼ of Caitlin’s mashed potato and her broccoli too This shows why I shouldn’t order food as it’s just not worth it for me, luckily this was free. Chris tried my tacos too and he really liked them.

The total was $52.44, Chris paid on card and left $10 for a tip so $53.44

My biggest tip is always to sign up to the restaurants before you come out or whilst you’re out there as you can save money! Noah really struggles if food isn't the same as what he's used too and tastes slightly different. At the moment he's living off cereal, lunchables, mini pop tarts, rice Krispy treats and fruit, oh and McDonalds, but us getting stressed over food just makes things worse for him so as long as we make sure he is at least eating something that's half the battle, even if it isn't great nutritiously! You’ve got to worth with him not against him.

Back to the room and the kids did some of their school work (we were away for 3 weeks and asked for some school work to bring with us) then they had cereal and bed. Noah was asleep by 7.40pm. I was determined to sleep past 4.30am tomorrow so I was forcing myself to stay awake! And yes, that is Noah brushing his teeth in the bed

caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 22, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Looks like you had a nice day at wild Florida. Probably a good idea for Presidents’ Day as I imagine the parks would have been rammed.

Lovely that Noah was so taken with the animals at the petting zoo bit.
Old 22 Mar 22, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a nice day

Joan
Old 22 Mar 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Looks like you had a nice day at wild Florida. Probably a good idea for Presidents’ Day as I imagine the parks would have been rammed.

Lovely that Noah was so taken with the animals at the petting zoo bit.
It was really lovely and such a change from the parks, I think we'd definitely prefer to do more of these next time definitely a beach trip next time too. I remember from our May 2019 trip the parks being so busy on Memorial Day so I imagine it would have been the same.

He absolutely adores animals ... he's been trying for a year to get a dog it's not happening though x

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That was a nice day

Joan
Thank you x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A nice chilled out day at Wild Florida. The boat ride and animal interactions all sound fun and some tasty meals, all of which were pretty inexpensive! I hope you do manage to kick the jet lag and sleep beyond 5am tomorrow, or even longer.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really nice day at Wild Florida
I think Applebees will be on our list for May it looks lovely
Old 23 Mar 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like a lovely day. I'm looking forward to the next installment 🙂
Old 23 Mar 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Wild Florida looks a great day out and I just love a petting area

Must admit I'm very wary of Gators being close by

You seem to be doing a bit better with your food and actually being able to eat a little more

How good are your children eating lunchables for their lunches

I hope you managed to sleep a bit later
Old 26 Mar 22, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You all seemed to enjoy your non park day , it’s nice to break away and do something different x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A nice chilled out day at Wild Florida. The boat ride and animal interactions all sound fun and some tasty meals, all of which were pretty inexpensive! I hope you do manage to kick the jet lag and sleep beyond 5am tomorrow, or even longer.
It was lovely and a bit of a change, a nice slow break in to our holiday. I wish I was like the others with the jet lag but at least it gave me an hour or so on a morning to write my blog up so I didn't forget X

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Really nice day at Wild Florida
I think Applebees will be on our list for May it looks lovely
It was really nice, just a shame Noah didn't really like the food, I would definitely return again x

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
Sounds like a lovely day. I'm looking forward to the next installment 🙂
Thank you x

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Wild Florida looks a great day out and I just love a petting area

Must admit I'm very wary of Gators being close by

You seem to be doing a bit better with your food and actually being able to eat a little more

How good are your children eating lunchables for their lunches

I hope you managed to sleep a bit later
You can't beat a petting area! The gators did worry me a little but they were fine, I think like creepy crawlies, they're probably more scared of us

It really was a godsend coz they're so picky! X

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
You all seemed to enjoy your non park day , it’s nice to break away and do something different x
It really is and I definitely think we'll be doing more of them next time! X