Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Mar 22, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great couple of days! Your dole whip looked great and I think Olive Garden is fantastic value. Sounds like you shopped well at the Premium outlets- who doesn’t love a trip to BBW and even better that you managed to pick up a spirit jersey. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great couple of days! Your dole whip looked great and I think Olive Garden is fantastic value. Sounds like you shopped well at the Premium outlets- who doesn’t love a trip to BBW and even better that you managed to pick up a spirit jersey. 😁
And this was this beaut here! 😍

Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 7: Wednesday 12th January 2022

Hollywood studios day!

Up early to get there for rope drop. First time we had been there since 2017 (the day after Hurrican Irma! ) so lots of new things for us. Looking forward to Toy story land and mickey’s runaway railway. Not massive star wars fans but still looking forward to RoR and checking out Galaxy’s edge!

Packed up my back pack with snacks and water again. It was super busy again so was glad I had some stuff to keep me going in the q’s. I did want to try out Andy’s lunch box but it was so busy we couldn’t get a table so went to Rosie’s All American for some trusty chicken nuggets and fries! We were headed to ToT anyway. Around $11 I think so pretty good value for theme park food, I also like the toppings bar to get a variety of sauces for dipping.

Found a table OK it was pretty busy and only one lady taking orders – I think they were trying to push mobile orders but I couldn’t get the time slot for that.
Glad to get a wee bit of rest and this was when there was heavy rain shower too so good timing!

More rides after then I got a frozen strawberry lemonade cup which I love and went to see the Beauty and the beast musical.

Stayed til park close and caught the show on the Egyptian theatre on the way out.

Dinner tonight was Ford’s garage – went to the one next to Margaritaville on the 192. It was pretty quiet but was after 9pm by now. I decided to go for the meatloaf for a change which came with corn bread bread and tater tots. DH had one of the many burgers, I think it came topped with brisket and fries on the side. It was nice but the meatloaf came with a tomato sauce which I wasn’t aware of so that was a bit strange to me!

Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 8: Thursday 13th January 2022

Off to Busch gardens today!

Got here around about opening time. The crowds were pretty quiet so that was good. I had a funnel cake sundae which was delish!

Stayed here til close which I think was 5pm so quite early. Decided to go to Cici’s tonight, the one at the south of I-drive near icon park. Stopped off at vineland outlets first to bag a view bargains then went to Cici’s. I still had a voucher in my holiday wallet from 2019 for the BOGOF deal and it was accepted. No photos unfortunately but many, slices of pizza were consumed and my favourite was the buffalo chicken and mac & cheese pizza. There wasn’t any mac & cheese pizza out but if you ask nicely they will make you one! They certainly kept everything topped up and was a nice mix of different pizzas coming out all the time. I also enjoyed the desserts – apple pie, brownies, cinnamon rolls, yum.

Old 25 Mar 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I really like the mac and cheese pizza at Cici's. It's delicious. My favourite one.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

Just catching up and I can you have been to a lot of great places. Daytona sounds fab and definitely something I’ll look up. Hop you’re having a great holiday
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 22, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 9: Friday 14th January 2022

Animal Kingdom

Rope dropping again and straight to FOP – again this was a new one for us! Did this first along with Na’vi river journey. Then moved around the park. Particulary enjoyed Kite Tails, we saw the lion king version, though we didn’t find out til later that there also a Jungle book one.

We had brought our own snacks along today but did purchase another coke float and minute maid frozen lemonade!

We stayed til close again and caught the light show on the Tree of life

Dinner tonight was at Hooters – decided to try the one on the 192 since it was closer than the i-drive one. They appeared to be very short staffed with the same servers sitting people, taking orders and bringing out food, even the back kitchen staff were bringing out food. I was looking forward to have the buffalo chicken dip but was disappointed to see this was no longer on the menu! 😲

We ordered boneless wings to start with Daytona beach sauce, the server seemed a bit confused that we wanted this as our started , then I had the Original Chicken Strip Sandwich in Daytona beach sauce with tater tots. DH had the twisted Texas melt. The food all come out at once, rather than getting the wings first but ah well. I had a raspberry ice tea and DH had a diet coke. Food was good tho, I really enjoyed the chicken sandwich.

Old 27 Mar 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 10: Saturday 15th January 2022

Volcano bay today!

As we were staying in Dockside we made use of the early entry this morning!

Stayed here most of the day, then left to come back to the hotel and get changed then went into the hotel pool since we were back and it was still daylight!

Walked along i-drive to pick somewhere for dinner. It was handy being able to walk to places from the hotel. We decided on BJ’s Brewhouse, had been couple times before and really liked it. I had the tri-tip platter with sauteed shrimp and it was just delish! You get 2 sides with this so I order the chicken tortilla soup and baked potato. DH had ribs and chicken combo with rice and fries.

The soup came out first, then our mains. We noticed they had some cocktails on offer so had some of them too – cant remember what they were called but they were delish! Also had their hand crafted soda – I had orange crčme DH had vanilla crčme.

After our meal we walked back up i-drive and decided to keep walking to city walk, it was actually a pleasant walk and didn’t take that long.

When we entered city walk went past cold stone creamery so decided to check them out, so I had the strawberry shortcake cold stone and DH had a chocolate caramel brownies one, both were massive and very tasty! Sat out on the steps facing the water to have them. They were pretty good value for money.

Old 29 Mar 22, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 11: Sunday 16th January 2022

Started off with early entry hours for IofA! Got in line for Velocicoaster, then lo and behold the tornado warnings arrived so the ride had to be shut down til it passed. Luckily we were inside so least we were sheltered. Must have been down for around 45 mins or so.
Once it got up and running, was great, defo worth it and we rode it a few times in the early entry. Then onto hagrids and worked our way round the park.

Got some cinnamon pretzel nuggets from the Auntie Anne’s next to Spider man, always a go to!

More rides then decided to cross to US via Panda Express and Voodoo donuts! (Hogwarts express was down unfortunately)

I just got the kids meal from here as wasn’t too hungry but turned out to be a decent size portion, I had orange chicken and noodles with a Dr Pepper and it came with apple bites. Plus came in a cute box!

DH went to voodoo and got a selection:

I opted for the voodoo man and a chocolate old fashioned , DH got a maple one and cant remember the other flavour.

Then we went into US and back to IoA for park close.
We got the bus back to the hotel to get the car, decided to try Texas Roadhouse down the 192 but when we got there , was more than an hours wait (it was MLK day weekend, so places were pretty crowded) so decided to go to Joe’s Crab Shack as we like the one on Daytona Beach pier. Haven’t tried this one though. The food was good but I think I prefer the one at Daytona, better atmosphere and of course better view!
I had mahi mahi tacos with queso and nacho chips , the queso here is so tasty! DH had white fish that came with hush puppies and fries.

Old 29 Mar 22, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great food day, we love the Aunty Annie’s pretzels. Panda Express is also another good food option, so much choice! We have never been to Joe’s Crab Shack but those tacos look fantastic. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List