Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Mar 22, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach78
Trying for More Ears

Loving your food report. Can you advise though? I’ve tried to download the Starbucks USA app and it seems to be only available on Google play…is that correct? Also I tried to sign up to blaze rewards but the site is blocking me because I’m not in the USA. How did you get round that? Thanks, enjoy the rest of your trip!
Rach78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 12: Monday 17th January 2022.

Discovery cove day!

We had tried to reschedule this as the forecast for today was highs of 12c but we wouldn’t have time to fit it in another day so just went for It and it turned out to be marvelous sunny day without a cloud in the sky and felt much warmer than the 12c . When I called the employee assured me that the water would be extra heated that day, and he did not lie! Could seem the steam coming off it in the morning.

We arrived around 7:15am so plenty time for breakfast. We’ve been coming here since 2009 and the menu has yet to change!
Got a selection of a bit of everything:

Then found some lockers and got set for the day.

Had a later lunch around 2pm as was still stuffed from breakfast! (and cookies and crisps and rice crispie treats ) i had the chicken strips and mac and cheese with a selection of cakes!

Stayed here til close then headed out to Disney springs. Went to the coke shop and the top floor balcony for a coke float

First time here, the views are great!

Headed off back to the Dockside and ended up just trying out the food court there as wasn’t too hungry. Both had Cuban sandwiches quick were cooked fresh and really tasty and also great value at $10 each! And came with fries!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rach78 View Post
Loving your food report. Can you advise though? I’ve tried to download the Starbucks USA app and it seems to be only available on Google play…is that correct? Also I tried to sign up to blaze rewards but the site is blocking me because I’m not in the USA. How did you get round that? Thanks, enjoy the rest of your trip!
oh I'm not sure, i dont have the Starbucks app!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 13: Tuesday 18th January 2022

Universal studios today

Decided to try the cinnabon at city walk for breakfast, I had the breakfast sandwich with egg, sausage and bacon in a savoury bun, was very yummy, I think only about $5! I also had a cinnabon flavoured iced latte. DH had the pecanbon.

Onto US for a few hours. I had brought more lunchables with me so sat out next at “San Francisco” and it was pretty hot in the sun!

Across to IOA with a stop at voodoo donut again! This time I got the orangesickile which is another of my favourites!

For dinner we decided to drive along i-drive and see what we fancied. Decided on Bahama Breeze, had been here once before and I really like the atmosphere and the food. We decided on Yuca cheese sticks for starter and this came with cilantro-crema and Sriracha aioli.

Then I had crispsy shrimps tacos with fruit salad with sorbet for entrée, DH had skirt steak churrasco that came with plantains and rice and refried beans. I really like that you can pick what sides you like here and even get fruit salad!

This was one of my favourite meals out here for sure, its on the list for September!
Old 30 Mar 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great food day, we love the Aunty Annie’s pretzels. Panda Express is also another good food option, so much choice! We have never been to Joe’s Crab Shack but those tacos look fantastic. 😁
if you find yourself in Daytona Beach i defo recommend the one on the pier there, it has a great decking bit outside to enjoy the sun and the views!

i have a great memory of when we went there on Christmas eve 2016 and it was brilliant (and a bit bizarre) just to sit out in the sun and enjoy the sea views on that day!
Old 30 Mar 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
* i have combined this to one post now! * updated to day 13

Hello! Thought I would attempt to make a food report for the first time…..we shall see how this goes!

So a little background info….This was our 4th re-schedule, last time were there was nearly to the date in Jan 2020….Couldn’t quite believe it until we actually landed in MCO!

Flew Virgin Atlantic out of Manchester on 6th January.

Day 1:
We got the train down from Edinburgh the night before and stayed at the Clayton Inn. Nice hotel, bit over priced for the time we were actually there but location is everything I guess! We were working the day before so go the train right after work.
After completing out negative LFT tests in the morning before work…phew!
This was when there was a lot of train delays and cancellations and all the trains earlier in the day from Edinburgh were cancelled, ours thankfully not. So I was expecting a full train, but no, very quiet. By the time we got to Man airport we were the only ones left on the train!

So a McDonalds was had at Waverly station after our favourite free taxi service AKA my dad dropped us off! (He got off lightly this time tho, it usually involves a 3am pick up to the airport!)

Got into Manchester airport I think around 9pm, then got the shuttle mini bus to hotel which was handy.

Early start the following morning, up for the breakfast in the hotel at 6am! It was in the form of a buffet breakfast, hot and continental. I did find the offerings quite limited tho, for the money – it was £15 p/p. It was nicely done, and included all drinks, smoothies as well for a change. The usual hot items, pastries, yogurts, granola.

We had booked the shuttle for 7am and was soon at the Virgin Atlantic terminal.

Picked up some snacks at the airport for the plane, as never much a fan of airplane food! The flight itself was very empty, DH and I had a row of 4 seats each to ourselves! Consumed a few mini cans of lemonade on board and attempted the in flight meal of pasta of sorts but ended up just having the cake pot and cheese and biscuits. The mini afternoon tea upon near landing was a bit better, cheese sandwich and scone.

Picked up hire car from Alamo and we were soon on our way, woohoooooooooooooo!

We were staying at Endless Summer Dockside and decided to upgrade to a suite, which was very nice and roomy. Ours was on the 14th floor so had fantastic views of the Fun Spot, congo golf and even across to the airport on a clear day could see the planes landing and taking off!

The suite provided us with a mini fridge, micro waves and paper plates, cups, coffee machine. Not that we were planning on eating much in the room but it was nice to have the option for a quick breakfast and the coffee machine was good too.

So, fast forward to first dinner in Orlando for 2 years! We decided on Chili’s on i-drive. It was right near the hotel and didn’t fancy a massive feast on our first day.
We had the meal for 2. I think was $25 , very good value considering you get 1 appetiser to share, 1 entrée each and 1 dessert to share.

We started off with the Texas cheese fries, then I had the honey chipotle chicken crispers and DH had the chicken ranch quesadillas. To drink I had the strawberry lemonade (love it here) and DH had diet coke. Glad to report the chicken crispers were just as good as I remembered them!

For dessert there was the option of a molton chocolate cake or a strawberry cheesecake. The molton cake is sooo good but we were already stuffed so opted for the cheesecake to take away for laters. We got a massive slab of it as well! Our server was very nice and efficient with bringing us refills and our food, despite them looking like a bit short staffed and they were all kinda running around doing different jobs.

Back to the room to this view!

Absolutely love Chillis , the chicken ranch quesadillas are my go to , and the strawberry lemonade is good if you don’t fancy a cocktail
Looking forward to reading more
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What great food choices you had on your trip , I really can’t wait to enjoy some of these places again
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Thanks for writing this report, your giving me some great idea's for our first offsite trip. Xx
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Thanks for writing this report, your giving me some great idea's for our first offsite trip. Xx
Glad to be of service! 😁
Old 31 Mar 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 14: Wednesday 19th January 2022

Decided to try breakfast at the hotel . I had the French toast with maple syrup, DH had the chicken waffles, again very reasonable priced, the French toast was $9, the chicken and waffles $10. Mine came with the syrup but there was peanut butter, and different jams to help yourself to in the food court for a top up!

Dinner tonight, we decided to go to Icon park and see what we could have there. Decided on Uncle Julio’s – first time being here but wanted to try something different.

We got given chip n a dip when we sat down, then I ordered the ‘mexican trio’ which was an beef enchilada with agave queso sauce, chicken enchilada with hatch chile sauce and a beef taco served with rice and re-fried beans. DH had the skirt steak fajitas, they make their own wraps on a funky machine that you can watch from your table!

This was nice, but quite expensive for what you get. We had tried to get into Anjitos at City walk but they had more than an hours wait at least, next time we will try get in there , we went once before and it was good.