Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mack151
Earning My Ears

Currently it seems you can't book the Storyteller dining option. Is that due to open soon or is it just the dessert package available for World of Color? (not sure if we'll do either as yet, but would rather book a dinner if possible)
Mack151 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mack151 View Post
Currently it seems you can't book the Storyteller dining option. Is that due to open soon or is it just the dessert package available for World of Color? (not sure if we'll do either as yet, but would rather book a dinner if possible)
I don't think they have opened booking for the regular dining packages. On The Disney Parks blog it says about upgrading at the restaurant to the dining package. That means to me that you need to do a normal booking at the restaurant and then on the day, when you get there, upgrade to the dining package.

Wait a few days and see the reports of how it is working over the next week.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
First time visitor early August so will be interesting to see this stuff. Never a fan of dining packages though as it’s usually just another excuse to extract your money and not needed. I’ll take a look though.
YT I really recommend them for Fantasmic if there is one, it is a small area to watch and like a bun fight to get any good view, especially as it has been gone for so long. Well worth it as it such an up close view and experience in DL.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mack151
Earning My Ears

I decided to book the World of Color dessert package as a treat and today should be my 60 day window but on the booking page it only goes as far as June 27th. I thought the bookings were released around 2pm our time - or am I making things up in my head? (very possible!)
Mack151 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

I decided to book the World of Color dessert package as a treat and today should be my 60 day window but on the booking page it only goes as far as June 27th. I thought the bookings were released around 2pm our time - or am I making things up in my head? (very possible!)
They are released about 10am our time, but there doesn't appear to be one on the 28th June.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mack151
Earning My Ears

Managed to get sorted. I really wanted it for June 29th and was idly looking at the app yesterday morning and saw that date was on sale - quick panic buying to get tickets but all went smoothly. Don't know where I got 2pm from. (And still no bookings for 28th so guess it's not on that evening?)
Old 1 May 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jvm32 View Post
They are released about 10am our time, but there doesn't appear to be one on the 28th June.

Managed to get sorted. I really wanted it for June 29th and was idly looking at the app yesterday morning and saw that date was on sale - quick panic buying to get tickets but all went smoothly. Don't know where I got 2pm from. (And still no bookings for 28th so guess it's not on that evening?)

The Disneyland California restaurant reservations release at 2pm our time 60 days in advance.

There is no general public WOC on 23 June, 28 June or 30 June as there is a private after hours event called Disneyland Grad Reunion at California Adventures. Ticket holders can enter the park from 5pm and the park will close to general public 8pm.

One of my California Adventures park days is June 30. My plan is to rope drop that morning and leave about 5pm. I have booked a reservation at Ralf Brennans Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney for the evening.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mack151
Earning My Ears

That's very useful to know, thanks. We have Disneyland park booked for the 28th and 30th and California adventure for 29th. We do have park hoppers but probably can't put them to much use now.
Hope you enjoy your trip
Old 1 May 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

That's very useful to know, thanks. We have Disneyland park booked for the 28th and 30th and California adventure for 29th. We do have park hoppers but probably can't put them to much use now.
Hope you enjoy your trip
I'm in Disneyland too on June 28th

I have Carnation Cafe booked for that day as a back up but I'm waiting for Riverbelle Terrace Fantasmic Dining package. Fantasmic starts on May 28 and there are no reservations for Riverbelle Terrace available yet.

For your park hoppers on June 28, I would rope drop Disneyland and then go over to California Adventures around 1.30pm. So many people will be doing the same so I would wait until the big 1pm crush is over.

As the ticket holders will start to arrive from 5pm, I would expect by 6pm to see it get really busy.

You could then hop back to Disneyland and get to see some of the night time shows.

Edited at 02:24 PM.
Old 1 May 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
The Disneyland California restaurant reservations release at 2pm our time 60 days in advance.

There is no general public WOC on 23 June, 28 June or 30 June as there is a private after hours event called Disneyland Grad Reunion at California Adventures. Ticket holders can enter the park from 5pm and the park will close to general public 8pm.

One of my California Adventures park days is June 30. My plan is to rope drop that morning and leave about 5pm. I have booked a reservation at Ralf Brennans Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney for the evening.
Thanks for clarifying why there are no dessert parties on 23, 28 & 30 June. I was getting a bit worried as I want to book one on the 7 July which is the Thursday and the previous two Thursdays (23/30 June) were not available, so was wondering if there was something happening on that day, but you have put my mind at rest.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List