Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Apr 22, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go Finally -Day 6–Animal Kingdom, 50th Snacks, Taco Bell & Pool

Day 6 – Animal Kingdom, 50th Snacks, Taco Bell and Pool Time

I was woke this morning at 5.20am by a random number from the UK calling my mobile so annoyed as I had my phone on do not disturb so calls shouldn't come through. I managed to drift off again and woke at 7.30am hearing Noah in the kitchen he’d woke at 7.20am. I got up made a cuppa then decided to make pancakes, bacon and egg for breakfast for everyone. I woke the others at 8.15am for it

Breakfast

Mine and what I managed:

We were all ready and on the road to Animal Kingdom by 9.10am.

Driving into the park around 9.30am it didn't seem too busy!

Upon entering we completely forgot that you couldn't take balloons into AK so had to leave Noah's at guest relations to collect on our way back. Noah was not happy at all and shut himself off in the pushchair. He pulled his cap over his face and pulled the hood down and wouldn't speak to any of us. I explained we could collect it when we left the park but nothing worked with him so we decided to just leave him in the pushchair to come out of it himself.

Our first DAS was For Kali River Rapids at 10am so we had a slow leisurely stroll over stopping at the Wilderness Explorers stations as Thomas and Noah signed up for it. This is where Noah snapped out of things.

Caitlin opted out of Kali River Rapids as she doesn't like water rides as we all know and can probably remember from the 2018 trip … if you can’t here’s a reminder I also managed to book a return time for FOP for 12pm

Noah and I got absolutely drenched. Poor Noah was stuck under the elephant when it was spraying water as our boat was stuck waiting for others to get back to the start of the ride. Everyone in the boat kept saying you're awesome buddy! He wasn't phased at all by it.

We soon dried off walking around Asia and stopped at the Wilderness Explorers stops on the way. Noah was devastated he couldn't go on Expedition Everest, but that will be another new one for next time I guess.

We also found the hidden superzoom photopass shot. Now this is a pain having to stand and pose for about a minute and not knowing when the photos actually been taking

After this we had a look at some of the surroundings in Dinoland and then rode our 11am DAS Pass of Dinosaur at 11.20am. We all enjoyed this although I somehow had my eyes closed on the pic :pgig either that or I was scared! It was now almost 12pm and we were all a bit peckish.

Lunch

I consulted my snack/meal list and seen that I had lunch suggestions for Restaurantosaurus. So Chris and I shared Walt’s Main Street Fried Chicken Sandwich – served with French Fries - $11.29

This was actually really tasty, I’m not usually a huge chicken sandwich lover but it was so good! I wished I could have ate more If you haven’t tried it yet, definitely give it a go.

The kids had sandwiches/lunchables and snacks.

As we left Restaurantosaurus I thought I’d have a look at the snack list and seen that there was a snack nearby I wanted to try!

Snack

The 50th Anniversary Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from Dino Snacks Bites Well as with most things in Orlando …. This … Was … HUGE! We totally underestimated how big it would be, having just ate lunch I knew we were going to struggle … but you know, have to get it in for the Dibb food report!

It tasted just as nice as it looked! Chris and I managed about half between us, the parky kids refused to have any of it, sadly the rest was binned as we just couldn’t physically eat anymore and the ice cream was melting fast! Next time I’d make sure we hadn’t just eaten if we got one

On our stroll round to FOP we also grabbed a popcorn bucket refill - $2.39 with tax

FOP was Noah and Caitlin's first ride, Noah as usual absolutely loved it. Caitlin didn't. I'd managed to secure a DAS return time for its tough to be a bug so myself, Chris and the boys did this as Caitlin doesn't like this either.

We decided to take a much slower pace now and had a little wander round Africa. Starbucks had a very short queue so obviously had to get a little drink or 2

Snacks

As we were walking past Starbucks I noticed the line wasn’t very busy at all so of course had to run in and grab up some cheeky Starbucks We got:

Chocolate Chip Frappe

Strawberry Acai

We then took the train to Rafikis planet where we had a wander around the petting zoo and did the wilderness explorers badges there too.

It was now just gone 3pm and we'd done all we wanted to for the day so headed out to get Noah's balloon and a few photopass pics on the way obviously

We popped to Disney Springs as I needed a new bracelet as mines too big now and I always get a park exclusive charm. On the way Noah said he felt sick and proceeded to throw up outside of Uniqlo, we called the CM so they could clear it up and apologised. They asked if we wanted to see a medic but we put it down to too little food, drink and too much heat and carried on.

In Pandora I couldn't choose between 2 charms so Chris said to get both. I then needed some eyebrow pomade from Sephora. On the way back to the car Noah threw up again this time just down from Sephora the CM called for a custodian and said they had another ‘cookie’ which made me chuckle. Noah had some water and said he felt ok

We drove down the 192 and decided to pop to Taco Bell for dinner for Chris and I. The kids are such fussy eaters and opted for pizza and pasta at the villa instead

Dinner

Chris and I went a little mad in here having never been to a Taco Bell before Now I can’t find the receipt for this so please bare with as I might have named some of these items incorrect, thankfully we have the transaction on Chris’s Revolut.

Crunchy Chicken Taco, Soft Chicken Taco, Steak and Cheese and a Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla, Nachos with Cheese Sauce, a cheese roll up and a coke

In total this was $19.47

Personally I found it all a little too spicy for me, I’m a total wimp when it comes to spice so I didn’t enjoy it much, but Chris really enjoyed it, but we 100% over ordered Chris was picking at the food for most of the night.

Obviously there’s no way the kids would eat this so they’d asked for pizza and pasta which I made when we got back to the villa. They ate al fresco outside after they’d been in the pool, sadly I only have pics from when they’d already dug in

I done another load of washing, tidied round and made the kids dinner whilst they were in the pool. They ate their dinner out on the deck. We spent the rest of the night in the pool/hot tub. I put Noah to bed at 8pm and Chris and I sat outside and watched some TV programs on his Mac, Caitlin was on the phone to her boyfriend and Thomas was watching YouTube

caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Kelly I’ve loved reading about your day at AK , its such a lovely park , I think because it’s more visual than rides , I’d be devastated too that Everest was closed , I’ve just seen it’s reopening on April 16th
I hope the little man was feeling better the following day 🙏🏻
Your Pandora is beautiful, you did really well on the jewellery front on this trip but us mums deserve to be spoilt
Emma xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A shame about the balloon, poor little guy didn't have much luck today did he? Other than the sickness it sounds like a lovely day at AK and in Disney Springs, plus a chilled out evening at the villa. The sunset over the pool looked beautiful.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Shame Noah wasn’t feeling well.

Looks like you had a lovely day at AK, unfortunate about Everest. I love wandering in that park that, so many things to see.

Lovely outfit again today Kelly, very well matched to your park choice.
Old 16 Apr 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

The breakfast you made looks delicious

Shame about EE it's one of my favourite rides

Poor Noah being ill so glad he was ok

AK is a brilliant park which feels very different to the other parks
Old 16 Apr 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely day such a shame Noah was so unwell hope after a good nights sleep he was ok

Joan
Old 16 Apr 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Hope Noah felt better! Lovely day at AK and the cookie does look delicious
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Kelly I’ve loved reading about your day at AK , its such a lovely park , I think because it’s more visual than rides , I’d be devastated too that Everest was closed , I’ve just seen it’s reopening on April 16th
I hope the little man was feeling better the following day 🙏🏻
Your Pandora is beautiful, you did really well on the jewellery front on this trip but us mums deserve to be spoilt
Emma xx
Ahh thank you Emma, AK is a lovely park, so much more to it than rides. Yes I seen that too, Chris isn't happy also that character meet and greets are coming back. We wouldn't have had time to go 3 weeks any other time this year due to weddings Chris has booked in.

He was thank you, I think it was just too much sun, not enough water.

Thank you, we certainly do, Chris knew how long I'd been waited for it too X

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A shame about the balloon, poor little guy didn't have much luck today did he? Other than the sickness it sounds like a lovely day at AK and in Disney Springs, plus a chilled out evening at the villa. The sunset over the pool looked beautiful.
He didn't we made sure we didn't take it the next time. It was a lovely day and the sunsets in the villa were beautiful, the pictures do not do it justice at all x

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Shame Noah wasn’t feeling well.

Looks like you had a lovely day at AK, unfortunate about Everest. I love wandering in that park that, so many things to see.

Lovely outfit again today Kelly, very well matched to your park choice.
I know, poor little man. Thank you Wendy X

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
The breakfast you made looks delicious

Shame about EE it's one of my favourite rides

Poor Noah being ill so glad he was ok

AK is a brilliant park which feels very different to the other parks
It actually was, we had it quite a few times over the holiday as it was quite quick and easy to make and much cheaper than eating out.

It really does, it doesn't quite feel like a theme park x

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A lovely day such a shame Noah was so unwell hope after a good nights sleep he was ok

Joan
Thank you Joan x

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Hope Noah felt better! Lovely day at AK and the cookie does look delicious
He did thank you, I think it was just the heat and not enough food/water. The cookie is definitely worth a try xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Nice day at AK with a fair few rides managed. Lovely new charms and bracelet for you too .

I hope Noah felt better the next day.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Nice day at AK with a fair few rides managed. Lovely new charms and bracelet for you too .

I hope Noah felt better the next day.
Thank you so much Lynda he did thank you he was back to the normal Noah as soon as we got back to the villa X