Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Apr 22, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Claudette’s single diner report - April / May 2022 - COMPLETE

I was going to wait until I was into single digits before starting this pre-trip report as I still keep thinking something is going to mean cancellation. But I have just had covid and am negative again, no bad thing timing-wise I suppose and the trip is all booked and paid for. So I thought I would throw caution to the wind this Easter Sunday morning and start my report.

Travelling this time is just me, the clue is in the title. Nev has been feeling aggrieved with the Disney changes this year and feels disinclined to go to WDW right now, so he will be staying at home and having hot dogs for dinner every night.

My trip will start in ten days with a night at the Gatwick Hilton, flying BA Club to Orlando and looking forward to using my newly acquired Global Entry at the airport. We never hire a car and this trip will be no different, I have also never taken the Disney Magical Express but this time I have decided to book the Mears Connect bus for $16. My trip starts with 9 nights at the Boardwalk Inn, which I thought would be a good location for me with lots of places to walk to. I will then finish with three nights at the Contemporary, it would have been great to be staying there on the MK late night but unfortunately the days don't fall that way.

My dining choices will not be compromised because there is only me, I even have a princess night planned with a Saturday night Cinderella Royal Table booking (I know there will be no other princesses there at the moment ). I have made plenty of other reservations as I don't really like park based QS and tend to find myself wandering aimlessly wondering where to go and trying to find somewhere not mobbed. I also think a TS reservation will provide some respite between Genie + bookings.

I tend to change plans a great deal whilst I am there, but currently on the agenda I have:

Park based

Hollywood Brown Derby
Be Our Guest
Sci Fi Dine in
Space 220
Backlot Express
Cinderella's Royal Table
Yak & Yeti

Resort / Disney Springs based

Boardwalk Bakery
Beaches & Cream
Trattoria al Forno
The Boathouse
Ale & Compass
Primo Piatto
Jiko
Grand Floridian Cafe
'Ohanas
California Grill
Storybook Dining
Steakhouse 71

Before the trip commences, I first of all have a small celebration at home to attend and my birthday treat will be breakfast at Tiffany's in London. I think I may find a way to justify including it in the report as an essential pre-trip excursion.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Looks like a brilliant plan. Will be following along as we will hopefully be there at the same time.
Old 17 Apr 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Ooh following, loved your last trip report
Old 17 Apr 22, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Sounds like an amazing line up! Enjoy
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
qwerty
Excited about Disney

Sounds amazing, looking forward to your reports as I travel solo as well 😊
qwerty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Oh yay! Can’t wait to follow along! Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned 😎
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Can’t wait to follow along.

We had a lovely meal at Steakhouse 71 a few weeks ago, and we sat at the bar at Toppolino’s for snacks and cocktails which was also great! I can’t report on any others on your list from that visit though

I wish you better luck at the Gatwick Hilton than I have ever had
Old 17 Apr 22, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading along

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Just 10 days to go. Not long now. Definitely include your birthday treat, I'd love to read about that.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Sounds fabulous. You totally need to include your breakfast at Tiffanys.