Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Apr 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile Scottishnellie live & indirect Apr22 - day 14. Last minute shopping & flight home

Up at 8am and started the final pack, strip the beds, get the sheets into the washing machine etc

We took 3 cases up to 22.7/ 22.9 & 22.3kg leaving Kieran’s at 17kg with 5kg to play with. And that’s with us taking back all our ‘dumpable’ stuff like beach towels and inflatable ring. In addition to this we have no weight in our hand luggage which can go up to 10kg so I have a few packing cubes with 2kg each in them near the top of the other cases incase we need to shift some weight into hand luggage.

We may as well have a look in a few shops in and out of aircon for the next few hours. I would quite happily gone to Islands of Adventure until it was time to go to the airport but Hannah won’t do anything that’s too hot. And Kevin would moan about paying $27 parking!

We left the villa just after 10am and the first stop was up to Ross Dress For Less at Posner Boulevard. Just because we hadn’t made it to one this holiday yet and Kevin wanted a look. We really don’t feel ready to leave yet and there are quite a lot of things we just didn’t get time to do this holiday, even though we packed loads into the 2 weeks we did have.

I bought 2 gorgeous wee osh kosh dungaree sets for the daughter of Kevin’s pal who has her first birthday next week. She’s going to be so cute in these!

The shoe selection was rubbish, particularly for my big feet in the US size 10/11 section. But - I tried on LOADS of dresses from the clearance section. I just couldn’t resist the prices. We were in here for well over an hour and I could’ve shopped longer as I hadn’t even looked at tops or t-shirts.

I bought two Calvin Kleins. This one at $29.99

And this one at $19.99

I almost bought this white one at $19.99

Until I saw this emblazoned right down the bow! Why?

They had loads of nice wallets and purses with loads of Steve Madden and Michael Kors especially.

Hannah bought this at $14.99

Into Bath & Bodywork’s to pick up 5 more sanitisers for my bestie Disneydianne, and a wee handbag holder to keep one on her bag.

Back to the car and added the purchases to ‘the case with space’

Next -Back onto the I4 car park 🙄and up to the loop as Kevin wanted to go to converse, and also to see if the Nike shop was better than at the outlets.

Converse was rubbish. Lots of empty shelves and what was there was pricy.

Nike was much better. Hannah became Kieran’s personal shopper in here and he did get a load of T-shirts shorts & a hoody from the clearance sections. Kevin thought the prices here were roughly the same as the one at the outlets but there was possibly more stock, and definitely more room to breath and browse with no queue to get in.

I got a big fleecy hoodie for $9.99

Hannah also had time to have a chuckle at the largest pair of trainers we had ever seen. Size 18!

We then parked at the end of the car park where it was quiet and added Kieran’s haul to ‘the case with space’ which took it to 23kg bang on. So anything else bought would mean adding weight to the hand luggage.

We had a wee lunch break from the coolbag Kevin had packed with sandwiches crisps and drinks using up the last of the fridge contents. The man never goes anywhere without a picnic! He had even made me a wee tuna salad since I don’t really eat bread.

Hannah wanted another Clarins calendar if she could, and I was thinking of getting the Levi’s I had swithered about, so it was off to Vineland premium outlets next.

Got Hannah’s calendar (after the cashier telling us how all her ancestors are Scottish and she will be visiting soon) and deboxed everything into a freezer bag I had brought with me knowing we might buy liquids to pack.

into Levi’s and tried on the ones I wanted to make sure they all fitted fine. Bought the two pairs. Most stores give you the extra 10% off if you give your email address and I have a junk/disposable email address I use for this. That brought it to $99 for the 2 pairs.

Caught back up with the boys and Kevin had bought a pair of trainers

The trainers and Levi’s went into Kevins hand luggage and the Clarins stuff into the 22.3kg case. That should be us pretty much up to the max on all the cases now. We also emptied out the coolbag and put crisps and a couple of drinks into our hand luggage to do us til we get to security, and popped the coolbag into the case Hannahs Clarins went in. Fingers crossed we’ve got it right with our wee digital scales!

It was 3:15 and time to go for something to eat before the airport. The kids chose Wendy’s and there was one just up the road from Vineland.

Kevin had a ‘Son Of A Baconator’, Kieran had a Daves double, Hannah had a breaded chicken sandwich, I had a grilled chicken sandwich and we had fries and drinks etc

As the others were finishing their meal I walked along the road to the Walgreens for yet more Advil. This lot are for Disneydianne, not me I promise

I hope to god nobody opens my cases to see how much Advil I’m bring back! It’s not all mine!

Off to the airport arriving at 16:40 and as ALWAYS happens to us with Alamo they tried to charge us again for fuel. Kevin showed we had prepaid the tank, she sent us to customer services to sort it. I swear they do this as their normal process in the hope they can catch folk that don’t notice because it happens every time to us. Kevin got it sorted back to a zero balance and we headed into the airport.

Dropped the Toll Pass in the designated drop bins just outside the doors to enter. We will get the final bill charged for that in a few days, although we’ve been able to see the charges in the app as we went along so no surprises. And it definitely makes a difference to the tolls price not to mention to ease of just being able to drive through.

16:50 and BA Checkin was rammed. After a while they were calling up the queue whether there was anyone was trying to drop bags for the Gatwick flight which was due to leave 5:25pm which was in 15 minutes time! That flight then went to delayed to 6:15pm.

We were in the bag drop queue but it crawled along. So much for checking in online. There were a lot of tired screaming weans in the queue which in turn meant quite a few stressed out parents.

We dropped bags at 6:15 so it had taken 1hr 25mins to drop the bags having already checked in online. At least there was no need to do VeriFLY for this leg now. Next a quick loo stop before security.

Security showed a 38-42 minute wait time when we joined at 18:20. Then a security woman waved us over to the left where 2 new lines were opening up so these were slightly quicker.

18:50 we were through security and onto the monorail.

Stopped to pick up a few snacks and drinks.

Hannah and I went and changed into our flight clothes so out of shorts and into jeans and cosy socks with hoodie.

Got to the gate at 19:15 for the 19:55 flight. At 19:30 the board updated to show it was now slightly delayed to 20:30.

We actually started boarding at 20:30 in the check in groups which were printed in our boarding passes, so we were group 4. As usual there were folk clogging up the gate who just ignored the group numbers and stormed forward the second it looked like anyone was getting on before them. I don’t get these folk.

As soon as we were on and seated I got myself all comfy with my neck pillow and earphones in. I looked bonkers but I don’t care. My plan was to watch something banal enough that it would block out the plane noise and I could fall asleep. I chose Spencer, the princess Di thing.

I had just started falling asleep when Hannah needed out to the loo 🙄 and when she woke me up I barely knew where I was or what was happening. Once she was back I settled down again. Next thing she was waking me to say the meal was coming. I should’ve just passed and gone back to sleep because the chicken n mash was rotten. The chicken was dry and hard.

The kids said the pasta they had was slightly better.

I then went back to sleep again and dozed on and off for the next 4 hours or so apart from letting Hannah out to the loo again. Who gave that lassie the window seat? Also to mention that kieran on the other side of me had his bag, hoodie, earphones case etc all just scattered about at his feet which I fell over every time I had to let her out. I would’ve felt jealous of Kevin in the random stranger seat, but it turns out the 5 year old next to him slept with her feet next to his legs, under his legs and eventually stretched right over his legs while the mum sat at the other side of her not bothering her shirt. I had wondered why he always seemed awake when I glanced over as he usually sleeps on flights. I didn’t know he was getting kicked to bits and was too feart to say anything!

We landed at 10am and waited 10 minutes to get onto our stand, so delayed by exactly an hour in the end. Passport control was busy but kept moving and flowed straight through.

Then we waited for the bags. And we waited. And we waited. The bags were dripping through 10 or so at a time. In the end we waited 1hr 45 minutes and all 4 bags arrived at once then. Having read the recent BA horror stories (in particular what happened to rescuer) I was just grateful they had all arrived.

Time to make our way across london to Euston for the train home. We had missed our planned 11:30 train home (and therefore our reserved seats) by a country mile, but with our train passes we can get on any train, just with no seats reserved now.

So it was the Heathrow express to Paddington where we stopped to let the other 3 buy some boots meal deals, then the underground from Paddington to Euston Square, off and a 2 minute walk along the road to Euston train station where at 1:15 we managed to catch the 1:30 train. Kevin caught up with the train manager who directed us to some seats in an empty carriage.

The others ate their meal deals while I finished off my American snacks

And that’s where we will end. The others are sleeping around me while I finish typing this up. We will be in Glasgow central at 6pm, then a short 15 minute train to our local station where my dad will collect us to take us home.

I know someone who will be pleased to see us having been fed for the last fortnight by the tag team of my elderly neighbour and my parents. Hannah has been watching her on the ring doorbell all holiday! Oor Trixie. She will missing the attention she gets from the kids.

It has been a great holiday and the indirect travel of planes trains n automobiles was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I just could really have done with another week!

Thanks so much to all who have followed along and to each and every comment, question and pm daily. I don’t always have time to reply to any great extent while I’m away, but your following sure makes doing the trippie easier, and then I’m lucky enough to have it to look back on.

Til next time!

Helen x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Still can’t believe how quick it’s gone and how much you packed in
Welcome back at least the weather is not too bad this week for you all
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SLG
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thank you for another brilliant trip report. I’ve really enjoyed reading what you’ve done every day.
SLG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you so much Helen for doing your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Good luck with your new job and will look out for your next holiday

So glad you all had a great time

Joan
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

I've really enjoyed reading your daily reports, thank you for taking the time to share your holiday.
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

A great way to spend the last few hours, love the pink CK dress you bought!
We're flying from/to Heathrow this summer and am beginning wish we had booked train tickets as am not looking forward to the drive back to Manchester straight off the overnight flight... welcome home and thanks for writing your trippie, I always love reading along, am sure that you'll be back to Orlando soon!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Thank you sooo much for another great trippy! I have looked forward every day to reading it as I did with your reports in previous years. Love all the shopping you do!😜
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

What a fab trip report with amazing pics
You’re hardcore doing malls on your last day & 2 at that 💪💪
I love the red/coral dress you bought really suits you & the little baby clothes so cute 🥰
Hope you get over your jet lag quickly, I’m sitting here hungry all day & dreaming of pancakes

Take care
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That was a fabulous trip report. Felt like I was there with you all reading through it. Have picked up some tips for our trip in July 🤞 Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Mobile

Another great trip report Helen. I always enjoy your reports so much! I hope your home in gods country soon and the jet lag isn’t too bad.