Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 May 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

can you get a das say for ROR, then leave the park and return later in the evening to ride it?
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by col1968 View Post
can you get a das say for ROR, then leave the park and return later in the evening to ride it?
Yes, your return time is from the time you are given until the line closes.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Does anyone know when the DAS square turns up on the MDE app?

All registered and pre booked rides but I was just curious
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
Does anyone know when the DAS square turns up on the MDE app?

All registered and pre booked rides but I was just curious
A few minutes after you enter a park and connect to the wifi
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
A few minutes after you enter a park and connect to the wifi
You are always so helpful. Thank you!
Old 2 May 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

I haven’t seen this mentioned yet so I thought I’d chip in, all members of your party need to be inside the park in order for you to get DAS return times. I learned this when my partner was stuck in the security queue for ten minutes after I’d swanned through the barriers bagless 😅
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I haven’t seen this mentioned yet so I thought I’d chip in, all members of your party need to be inside the park in order for you to get DAS return times. I learned this when my partner was stuck in the security queue for ten minutes after I’d swanned through the barriers bagless 😅
I did wonder about this recently! We have a couple of days where we are going to water parks/sea world etc and I wondered if I could go into the park on my own and ‘DAS’ a popular ride and then go to the water park for the day etc … looks like I can’t!

My son is the one that needs the DAS pass so I thought maybe I could take him along with me but seems like a lot of hassle
Old 3 May 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

I think the person who has been issued the DAS pass (rather than the people in their party) always needs to be present, so if your son is the DAS holder then he will need to be in the park before anyone in your party can book a DAS return time. Your son also has to check in before the rest of your party when you get to the Mickey podiums at the front of the ride queue. Your son’s photo will flash up on the cast members’ screen and they will confirm that he is indeed the one with the DAS (and not an imposter wearing your son’s magic band!) Once they’ve done that then the rest of the party can swipe their bands.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Sorry, can I just ask do you need genie+ to use DAS?
Thanks.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I think the person who has been issued the DAS pass (rather than the people in their party) always needs to be present, so if your son is the DAS holder then he will need to be in the park before anyone in your party can book a DAS return time. Your son also has to check in before the rest of your party when you get to the Mickey podiums at the front of the ride queue. Your son’s photo will flash up on the cast members’ screen and they will confirm that he is indeed the one with the DAS (and not an imposter wearing your son’s magic band!) Once they’ve done that then the rest of the party can swipe their bands.
This is correct - the DAS holder must be in the park and must be first to scan in the return line.