Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Apr 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ice hockey

Does anyone know when ice hockey season tickets go on sale for this December/January? We’re thinking of going to a game in tampa end December/beginning January.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I seem to remember it was around July the last time I got Lightning tickets.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

You might also want to consider the Orlando Solar Bears who are 2 leagues below, in the ECHL, they play out of the Amway Center, if you can't get a Lightning fixture to fit. We're hoping to see them play in February.

But I guess the answer is, it depends on when the fixtures are released and when they usually go on sale, but it's not the answer you wanted.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

The Solar Bears games are great fun. Because they aren't NHL the tickets are very reasonable and you are guaranteed a good view. The upper sections in the Amway Center aren't even open for their games. Unless you are serious Lightning fans I wouldn't bother going all the way to Tampa.

I doubt Solar Bears tickets sell out either so no need to plan too far ahead.
Old 24 Apr 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Have done solar bears and lightning and although there is price difference I’d do tampa bay lightning every time, the entertainment is unbelievable.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
You might also want to consider the Orlando Solar Bears who are 2 leagues below, in the ECHL, they play out of the Amway Center, if you can't get a Lightning fixture to fit. We're hoping to see them play in February.

But I guess the answer is, it depends on when the fixtures are released and when they usually go on sale, but it's not the answer you wanted.

Have seen the Solar Bears several times and although they are a lower level we have not seen a bad game.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

NHL schedules are usually released in early summer. The Lightning are a popular ticket so I would start looking for tickets in early June. Worst case, you can also often find scalpers outside the arena selling tickets if you're unable to score tickets in advance.
Old 27 Apr 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for all the replies. I should have said we are staying on Anna Maria Island over Christmas/New Year, hence why I said Tampa.

We've been lucky enough to have seen a basket ball game and a PBR Rodeo a couple of times and love all the fanfare and build up. Hoping the ice hockey is as entertaining. We occasionally go see a match near where we live in Scotland and can only imagine how good it will be to watch a big game in USA
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Tampa definitely makes sense then! I am sure you will enjoy it.
Old 28 Apr 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

We went to Tampa Bay Lightning 2 weeks ago and was amazing evening, the game was good but the entertainment is so good aswell. There is a huge screen and they use it so well.

Edited at 07:39 PM.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List