Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 22, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TashaP
Very Serious Dibber

Dining options

So, inevitability my mind has now switched to food, (a little lat I fear!) can anyone share some dining options for SF, Monterey, Pismo, Burbank and Disney?
Thank you!

Tuscan Ridge - Easter 2009
Phuket Feb 2010 - Mandalay Bay Vegas 2010
Portugal Aug 2011-Thailand Feb 2012
Kefalonia July 2012 - G/F July 2013
TashaP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Burbank - According to my trip report we ate in a Thai restaurant called Gindi, a Mexican restaurant called Los Amigos and an Italian called Ma's Kitchen. However, this was 3 years ago nearly. A quick google and it looks like they are all still open. At the time they were all places my brother and his wife ate regularly and we enjoyed all of our meals. The Mexican restaurant in particular really didn't look like much from the outside but the food was very good.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I really like Boudin Bakery in SF - the one near Fisherman's Wharf even has a mini factory tour right next to the restaurant where you can see how they make the sourdough bread. (DCA also has a Boudin Bakery branch with a tiny factory tour area!) The sourdough clam chowder bowls are pretty good.

Disney - I went in 2018 so memory is a bit hazy. I think we mostly ate at the quick services in DL/DCA but we did go for character dining at Storytellers Cafe in GCH (mostly because I took one look at the wait times to meet Mickey/etc in DL and decided to just pay for a character meal instead) and enjoyed both the character interaction and the food there. I also really liked the beignets from the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square in DL and bought these a few times during the trip!
Old 22 Apr 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Hi - there's the usual chain places of course, of which one worth calling out is the Cheesecake factory at the top of Macys - you get some great views.

Would also recommend Boudin for the clam chowder. Also Splash Cafe in Pismo for allegedly the best clam chowder in California.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

In Monterey we ate at the Old Fisherman’s Grotto on the pier. I remember really enjoying it. I had fillet steak and dh had the Ciopino. This was 6 years ago and I still remember what we had.
In pismo we just went to one of the bbq places in town but for breakfast we ate at Penny’s All American Cafe which was great.
Old 23 Apr 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TashaP
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for all the suggestions, super helpful 😄

Tuscan Ridge - Easter 2009
Phuket Feb 2010 - Mandalay Bay Vegas 2010
Portugal Aug 2011-Thailand Feb 2012
Kefalonia July 2012 - G/F July 2013
TashaP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List