Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 May 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Another Vote for the Riu Plaza New York Times Square - great location and lovely breakfast - booked to stay again this October. It’s just 5 mins from Times Square but it looks like they have opened another Riu now actually in Times Square.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellemum View Post
Another Vote for the Riu Plaza New York Times Square - great location and lovely breakfast - booked to stay again this October. It’s just 5 mins from Times Square but it looks like they have opened another Riu now actually in Times Square.
We've booked to stay there in Oct too. Never been to NY before and really looking forward to it. We are there from the 24th for a week. Is there a good choice for breakfast?
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rachv38 View Post
We've booked to stay there in Oct too. Never been to NY before and really looking forward to it. We are there from the 24th for a week. Is there a good choice for breakfast?
Last time we stayed the breakfast was as good as a Disney Buffet - fruit, rolls, croissants etc then eggs bacon and all the usual American hot food - Pancakes and waffles - the were two large rooms as well always busy but always had a table available. It just saves time in the morning finding somewhere to eat. It was a really clean modern hotel and just 5 mins from the hustle and bustle of Tines Square x
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

So glad I read this thread, we are booked to stay in the Riu plaza Manhattan Times Square in November and after reading this I think I’ve been looking at the wrong hotel on Google earth and it looks like we must be in the new one closer to Times Square, I would of been very confused when the cab driver dropped us off🤣🤣
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We’re booked into the Riu Plaza New York Times Square (The 305 West 46th Street one) on October so seeing all the good feedback for the Riu hotels is really encouraging. We’re booked on a room only basis but that’s great for us as we’re “trying new places for breakfast” people.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

We last stayed at the New York edition on Madison Avenue. Excellent rooms and we got a great deal with BA for flights and the hotel together
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

We have recently stayed in the Marriott Marquis right in the heart of Times Sq, we had what is classed as a recently renovated twin room and they are really spacious, particularly by NY standards. We really enjoyed our stay and convenient for most things
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
UK-KIRK
Excited about Disney

UK-KIRK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We stayed in the Hotel Casablanca 43rd Street, Times Square. Boutique hotel, lovely. Fantastic location and next to a fab Italian restaurant Tony's. Close to everything, great location to walk out and about at night too.
UK-KIRK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Waveney View Post
I’ve not long got back from a 5 day trip to NY and we stayed at the M Social in the Times Sq area (W52nd St), great location and I’d highly recommend this hotel, with reasonable sized double and king room, clean, nice lobby and outside terrace for sitting in to rest weary legs and feet, and view from our room straight over to the queue for Ellen’s Stardust Diner so we could watch the Q build and then leave the room to join it before it got too long 🤣
We are also recently back from 5 nights at M Social. It is our second time staying there as we stayed when it was previously Novotel. Would certainly recommend. Good sized, clean rooms and in a good location for all the usual NY activities. My only complaint is that the lifts were naff (slow and always packed).

My favourite hotel in NY is the Westin Times Square. Also big clean rooms but with the comfiest bed I’ve ever slept in! Slightly trumps M Social on location for me as it is a bit more central, but can’t go wrong with either.
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List