Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

vegas city pass

Is it as good as it sounds?

Everything I have hoped to do in our 4 days is on there so a 3 day pass would be perfect.

Are there any hidden drawbacks a first time might not know about?

The only thing we want to do that isnt on there is the ride that 'tips' you off the top of the strat.
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

I've used City passes in other cities (just back from Miami and the Keys and used one there). They saved us a fortune and we had no issues.
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Can you tell us what is included in the pass and price? Thanks
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

attractiontickets/en...-all-inclusive

Admission to all of the attractions below is included in the Go City: Las Vegas Pass

Top Attractions

Madame Tussauds Las VegasEiffel Tower Experience at Paris Las Vegas: Anytime TicketHop-on Hop-off Big Bus Las Vegas 1-Day StandardSkypod at the Strat Plus VIP AccessMarvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N.High Roller Observation Wheel at the LINQ: Daytime Pass

Local Favourites

Senor Frogs - One Hour Open BarVirtual Reality Experience$15 Meal Credit at Planet Hollywood Restaurant Las VegasRockstar Pool PartyNumber One Escape RoomSky Zone Recreational CenterLas Vegas Mini Grand Prix FLY LINQ ZiplineOne Round of Golf at Monster Mini GolfShalimar Wedding Chapel ExperienceThe Roller Coaster at NY, NYL.A. Comedy Club (April 2022) The Official Blair Witch Escape RoomFaaabulous the Show

Las Vegas Museums and Exhibitions

Erotic Heritage MuseumThe Hunger Games: The ExhibitionThe Mob MuseumREAL BODIES at BallysNational Atomic Testing MuseumLas Vegas Natural History MuseumHollywood Cars Museum

Las Vegas Tours

Las Vegas Downtown Fremont St. Walking TourHoover Dam Half Day TourVegas Rockstar Club Tour

Premium Attractions on 3 and 5 Day Passes.

Choose a FREE admission to one PREMIUM attraction below with 3 and 5 day passes:

Grand Canyon TourBryce Canyon & Zion National Parks TourLas Vegas Strip: A Night Flight over the Las Vegas StripSKyJump at the StratAmerica's Got Talent Las Vegas Live! Blue Man Group Las Vegas Ka by Cirque du Soleil The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil

Its £191 each for a 3 day pass for adults
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thank you. The show tickets are best value. Have you tried looking on MGM website to see how much the show you fancy is for your date. I don’t know any one who has used one of these and they are not talked about on the Vegas forums I use. On the face of it it looks to be good value but wonder how many you can actually fit in?
Some things like Real Bodies at Ballys are not worth going to. I shall see if I can ask on the forum I use.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

There are quite a few things there that I wouldn’t waste any time going to (never mind money) if it’s your first trip.

I don’t really like things like ‘$15 credit at X restaurant’ as it kind of obliges you to then spend money there when you might have wanted to go elsewhere.

If your original list of things you wanted to do included items on this list and it comes to less than £191 each then it will work for you.

We still find a lot of free things to do in Vegas every trip.
Old 14 May 22, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
There are quite a few things there that I wouldn’t waste any time going to (never mind money) if it’s your first trip.

I don’t really like things like ‘$15 credit at X restaurant’ as it kind of obliges you to then spend money there when you might have wanted to go elsewhere.

If your original list of things you wanted to do included items on this list and it comes to less than £191 each then it will work for you.

We still find a lot of free things to do in Vegas every trip.
I agree with Karen. A lot of the things you won’t do and others are a couple of bucks anyway. I can’t find anything on the forums I visit showing people have used this. Sorry.
Old 15 May 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Helping Minnie

General rule of thumb with City passes are:

1) Does it contain all the attractions that you want to do?
2) Will you have to change your routine to get your “monies worth”
3) Have you checked restrictions or other costs (E.g. parking charges) for attractions?
4) Are all the atttactions you want to do close enough to be convenient?

I’ve used the Vegas pass before with good results. Just be aware of restrictions (I seem to remember there were some attractions that wouldn’t let you enter after 5pm). Check each attractions small print carefully.

I usually wouldn’t recommend passes, particularly the LA one where everything is located across a massive sprawl of land (paying $40 parking to visit a $5 Santa Monica aquarium was a particular lowlight). The Vegas Pass can be good value for money if you plan properly and definitely want to visit the attractions.
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Personally i cant see the point of the pass ,

Many of things I would never (& haven’t done ) do and we’ve been many times .

In 4 days you can easily fill that time doing free things with just a couple of paid attractions if you really wanted too..

The Linq high roller is almost always on Groupon , and I’ve seen offers for things like the NYNY roller coaster in the coupon books you can pick up.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I've been looking into this pass as if it works out, it would save me money as many things on the list I'd actually want to do. The only thing that puts me off, is I'd want to get the 3 day pass and I have no idea how I would feel on all 3 days my pass is activated, but I'd be obligated to rush around trying to fit it all in.

I was on one group where someone who bought it was ready to come home after 5 days -they'd gone for 7 nights, as they felt they'd rushed about too much. I couldn't work out why. That was until I read further that they'd been rushing about trying to fit in everything in the pass. As we go in August, that's the only thing that puts me off. But if you can make it work, it's a good saving
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List