Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 May 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I do wonder if Disney actually ‘leak’ certain rumours to gauge public opinion on certain subjects. I know they have denied it, but who knows!
Wont bother me as I wont pay extortionate amount per night for a basic room anyway, no reason to stay onsite when you can stay just outside ina far better and cheaper room and Uber it in! The Disney buses are way too busy for me the way they cram people in, so no reason to stay onsite.
Old 15 May 22, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They said they wouldn’t charge for parking ………look how that turned out. Tbh I don’t think they will charge but they certainly will reduce so you perhaps get service on day 4 only and a trolley left in the corridor for towels etc. unless you are deluxe of course.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jentill
Imagineer

jentill's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 11
So what do you tip Mousekeeping now? We are heading to Pop Century next week after we stay at Universal Portofino. If Disney are limiting service we do get surely that impact on the tips Mousekeeping get. I’m my view that will have anoth knock on effect to how clean rooms are?
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Or my Wife who has very long hair. Thank goodness for the vacuum. That’s my job most days.
Ha, my one Disney job, 5 minutes every morning whilst my streaky bacon is in the oven. 😀

Weird but I love that big old style vacuum cleaner!

I never really notice housekeeping, we're up crack of dawn, OH makes the bed tidies round and it's like a showhouse most days. 😀

Love a few extra towels though, I use a lot 😂 drives her mad.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by jentill View Post
So what do you tip Mousekeeping now? We are heading to Pop Century next week after we stay at Universal Portofino. If Disney are limiting service we do get surely that impact on the tips Mousekeeping get. I’m my view that will have anoth knock on effect to how clean rooms are?
It has never been a tipped position. Some people like to but that is their choice.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Emily90 View Post
We just recently returned from a split stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian. Reception stated house keeping happens every other day. The reality was that we got housekeeping 4 times in our 15 nights, the bed was never made and the floors weren't cleaned, the only thing that house keeping did was empty the bins and give us new towels. We complained about this but nothing changed.
Wow that is pretty disgraceful! Considering how much it costs to stay on site Disney need to step up. People are definitely going to be looking elsewhere if things like this continue.
Old 15 May 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Wow that is pretty disgraceful! Considering how much it costs to stay on site Disney need to step up. People are definitely going to be looking elsewhere if things like this continue.
There are still massive staff shortages everywhere and Disney are obviously experiencing that. In fact even before covid they had staff shortages due to - let’s say the policies of a previous president and their effect on certain sections of the community. That’s why they started offering gift cards to people who didn’t want housekeeping.

This rumour is not true - but I can see why it gained traction. Most hotels in the US charge a ‘resort fee’ which presumably covers things like this, but WDW doesn’t so it should be included in the price.

WDW need to dip into the pool of cash Chapek has created and pay their housekeepers more. That would help their staffing shortage, I’m sure.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

I do take what I read on the WDW News Today site with a pinch of salt. They seem to have a very negative take on the parks
If there is any truth in the rumour may be the precursor was the offer of credit in place of housekeeping!
My stays are usually DVC so a little different but wherever I’ve stayed in the past either on points or cash, a call or visit to reception has solved any problem.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Disney have reached out to wdw news to say that this is untrue. Personally i would't put it past them while Paycheck is in charge.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My view as with all companies is treat everything they say with extreme caution. They may be totally honest and customer focussed but until my experiences prove that point I am always wary.

Let’s never forget how Disney have shown their hand repeatedly regarding certain issues such as the blatant DVC changing of Points requirements which was a battle they lost, the parking charges lies and even cutting portion sizes as they felt guests needed to have smaller waist sizes for their health!

Housekeeping has always been their Achilles Heel and always will be, not because of the salaries involved but the fact people don’t really want this type of job in the numbers they need.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List