Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 15 May 22, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

London premier inn recommendations

Hi,

We are planning on a couple of nights in London as our 5 year old is desperate to see Big Ben etc. has anyone stayed in any of the central London PI’s and can recommend one please? Will be having breakfast there as well hopefully.

Thank you
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I have stayed in one. It wasn’t central, central but right by a tube station which made it really handy. The fact it was a little bit further out meant it was a bit cheaper. I’ll have a look and see which one it was.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

The one at County Hall near the wheel is fab!
Great location & huge family rooms 👍
Aquarium is next door too….
Old 15 May 22, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We just stayed at the one at Bank and it was great location 2 mins walk from sky garden, 10 mins from Tower of London etc, and a few mins to the main tube lines, and not as expensive as county hall etc. My friend also likes the one at Angel as it’s one stop from kings cross but cheaper than actual kings cross.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

County hall is currently being refurbished, don't know what breakfast arrangement is, or how long it will be being done for. I think a couple of other London ones are too, so would check. (Last time we stayed in one being refurbished it was a bit noisy and dusty with a lot of coming and going.)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I stayed in the Paddington one for work last Sunday. I’d check it out, it was right next to both Paddington Station end Edgware Road stations, and was only £60 a night for that Sunday. It was modern with a great restaurant in the basement
Old 15 May 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

I am staying at Holborn PI next weekend, near tube station and good for lots of sightseeing.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Our go to is the Blackfriars one. Very handy for the tube but we walk most places from there.
Old 16 May 22, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve stopped in nearly all of them in Central London.

The one at County Hall is best positioned for a tourist trip, it was getting so it needed refurbishing, but they are doing it now I hear so it depends when you need to go.

We like Blackfriars for family trips. Just like the location, it’s pretty quiet and near St Pauls. I like it as I usually park in Baynard House car park which is close.

I often stop at St Mary On Hill which is a good one, in the City (Bank that one is called).

Holborn is good, and not that far to the theatres. Decent Korean restaurant on the corner near it too which I can’t remember the name of.

The Waterloo one I’ve stayed twice and is very close to the County Hall one. That’s in a grey tower block type building but it’s pretty nice inside so if that was a good price I’d consider it.

A bit further out but I’ve also stayed at the Tower one but that’s a bit older property and wouldn’t stay again until it’s refurbed. The Aldgate one I’ve stayed in as well. That one is maybe about 8 years old and I used to like it as it was very new and quite smart but haven’t stayed for about 5 years. Tube across the road though.

There’s one across the road a bit further up from Kings Cross heading toward Euston. And another around the corner from Kings Cross. I’d only probably pick those though if you needed to be near the station as for the main tourist haunts it is a bit of a walk although you can get the tube of course.

Overall if you are going when the refurb is finished I’d aim for County Hall, otherwise Blackfriars.

Edited at 06:04 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Ive stayed at county hall twice this year, and have a booking for august. Had and old room, which was fine and big too and a refurb room, refurbed was great, the mood lighting behind the headboard was a bit of a shock when you dont know about it and turn it on in the middle of the night for a bathroom trip and a purple glow comes on! Breakfast was in the restaurant, usual set up.
Its position is excellent, as said in an earlier post, couldnt be closer the the london eye if you tried, and along the bank from there is shrek experience, london aquarium, london dongeons and then westminster and big ben on the other side of the river... so 20 paces from the front door of hotel (only because it its at the back of building to all the above &#129315
Waterloo tube/train 3 min walk away, trafalgar square 10/15/20 min walk away depending how fast and long your legs are.