Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 May 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

We're here!

Having the most amazing time but oh my goodness it's sooooo busy!

I'm no good at full trippies so will write a few notes and add some pics at the end.

We drove here from the North East of England with a 4yr old and a 1yr old. Absolute doddle...they were both as good as gold and slept most the way. We stopped after 3hrs and had a Burger King then Poppy napped again afterwards. We got to Premier Inn Folkestone at 10.30pm just ready for bed. Premier Inn was clean and comfortable. However they couldn't accommodate us for breakfast until 10.30 so we had to get a refund and decided we'd get snacks at the Eurotunnel terminal to eat on the way.

The terminal was really quiet, we used the toilets, picked up meal deals at WHsmiths for breakfast then managed to get on an earlier train. The train was really well organised and quick, by the time we'd ate it was time to drive again. Poppy fell asleep again on the drive and Thomas watched YouTube on Mark's phone. Drive was very straightforward but seemed to take ages... it was another 3.5hrs from Calais to Disneyland.

Checked in at Hotel Cheyenne. Absolutely love it and we're in Running Bear so the block closest to Disney Village.

We unpacked then straight to Disney! We rode Phantom Manor, Pirates, Teacups and Buzz Lightyear. Then there was a huge Thunder and Lightning storm and we got soaked to the skin! Epic fail as all the raincoats and buggy rain cover were in the hotel!

EMH this morning but it's absolutely heaving, currently everything is an hour plus nearly. We did Peter Pan, Dumbo, Carousel, Snow White, Casey Junior, Storybook Boats, Teacups and now having a rest in Hyperion for some food. Thomas watching cartoons and Poppy is... you guessed it... asleep 🤣🤣

Will head out the park after this, back to the hotel for a bit and try to do Illuminations tonight xx

Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am glad I saw your report as I am just watching the latest Adam Hattan vlog and it seems to be busy, so I was wondering! I have just looked online and as well as long waits there seems to be a lot of closures too, are you finding that?

I have booked for September, after making a massive mistake of booking during the busy school holidays in November, I was hoping we would find it at a quiet time. No so sure now as I would have thought now would be fairly quite too.

Still you seem to have done a fair bit. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and would be interested in any updates you have.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

So glad you’re having a good time, I’m arriving Wednesday with my daughter. I wonder why it is so busy, I naively assumed it would be fairly quiet being term time…

I have looked at the weather for the rest of the week and looks like some showers whilst we’re there too. Will remember to carry the raincoats with us!

Have you tried any shows? Wondering if I need to pay and pre-book or we can just queue up a bit beforehand (bearing in mind my 2 year old probably won’t want to queue for too long).
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

What lovely photos. Your children look so happy.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Having the most amazing time but oh my goodness it's sooooo busy!

I'm no good at full trippies so will write a few notes and add some pics at the end.

We drove here from the North East of England with a 4yr old and a 1yr old. Absolute doddle...they were both as good as gold and slept most the way. We stopped after 3hrs and had a Burger King then Poppy napped again afterwards. We got to Premier Inn Folkestone at 10.30pm just ready for bed. Premier Inn was clean and comfortable. However they couldn't accommodate us for breakfast until 10.30 so we had to get a refund and decided we'd get snacks at the Eurotunnel terminal to eat on the way.

The terminal was really quiet, we used the toilets, picked up meal deals at WHsmiths for breakfast then managed to get on an earlier train. The train was really well organised and quick, by the time we'd ate it was time to drive again. Poppy fell asleep again on the drive and Thomas watched YouTube on Mark's phone. Drive was very straightforward but seemed to take ages... it was another 3.5hrs from Calais to Disneyland.

Checked in at Hotel Cheyenne. Absolutely love it and we're in Running Bear so the block closest to Disney Village.

We unpacked then straight to Disney! We rode Phantom Manor, Pirates, Teacups and Buzz Lightyear. Then there was a huge Thunder and Lightning storm and we got soaked to the skin! Epic fail as all the raincoats and buggy rain cover were in the hotel!

EMH this morning but it's absolutely heaving, currently everything is an hour plus nearly. We did Peter Pan, Dumbo, Carousel, Snow White, Casey Junior, Storybook Boats, Teacups and now having a rest in Hyperion for some food. Thomas watching cartoons and Poppy is... you guessed it... asleep 🤣🤣

Will head out the park after this, back to the hotel for a bit and try to do Illuminations tonight xx

I absolutely love your photos 💕💕 have a magical time
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Ah so glad you’re having a good time! Can’t wait to be back!
We love the Cheyenne too. Probably no quiet time to go now due to no one having holidays for 2 years but I really thought May would be a bit better! If you’re there for a few days don’t worry as you will get it all done! Enjoy 😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24

Edited at 03:47 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Aw the kids look so happy! You have still done loads even though it’s busy!

It’s lovley to hear that you are having a great time ❤️X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am glad I saw your report as I am just watching the latest Adam Hattan vlog and it seems to be busy, so I was wondering! I have just looked online and as well as long waits there seems to be a lot of closures too, are you finding that?

I have booked for September, after making a massive mistake of booking during the busy school holidays in November, I was hoping we would find it at a quiet time. No so sure now as I would have thought now would be fairly quite too.

Still you seem to have done a fair bit. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and would be interested in any updates you have.
Hi Claudette, yes, lots and lots of closures today. Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Hyperspace Mountain, Snow White, Storybook Boats-obviously not great when it's so busy to start with. I must admit it's far far busier than it was last time we came in May. Today was absolutely rammed.
Yeah we did get a lot done tbf, we also did Alice's Labyrinth and Phillarmagic after this. Just back at hotel now having a nap before Illuminations tonight! X
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LauraE View Post
So glad you’re having a good time, I’m arriving Wednesday with my daughter. I wonder why it is so busy, I naively assumed it would be fairly quiet being term time…

I have looked at the weather for the rest of the week and looks like some showers whilst we’re there too. Will remember to carry the raincoats with us!

Have you tried any shows? Wondering if I need to pay and pre-book or we can just queue up a bit beforehand (bearing in mind my 2 year old probably won’t want to queue for too long).
We haven't done any shows yet, did Phillarmagic though and the 1yr old just managed to sit through that! So not sure whether to risk it.
Old 16 May 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Aw, your lovely happy children! Thanks for sharing this - we go in a couple of weeks so it's really useful to hear a really recent perspective on how things are!
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List