Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 May 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
Wow! Bet your kiddies remember that day! 🤣
They do - it gets brought up quite often!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybears
Excited about Disney

My daughter got randomly picked to 'be the captain' on the Living with the land boat. We sat on the front row and she got a captains hat and certificates signed by the cast members. She loved it.
Disneybears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

On one trip when our two girls we're young we got asked to open the magic kingdom and then we got to ride with daisy duck in one of the old cars down main St.
A couple of days later the girls got to open the magic kingdom again
Then the following week they got asked to open epcot and got a nice certificate each.
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Just being there is the best thing that's happened to me. So many people can't, whether for financial or other reasons. I have a friend who'd love to go but she can't fly for health reasons so she'll never be able to go.
I agree with this.
When I was younger and a single mum after a divorce I could barely afford a day trip to Rhyl so certainty didn’t think a holiday anywhere let alone Florida would be possible.
Old 19 May 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

In 2013 Stitch, who is tied with Donald Duck as my favourite character, was on stage doing some show in Tomorrowland and jumped down off of the stage and walked all the way through the crowd and got down on one knee and kissed my hand.

I try not to think about the fact that it was actually some random man or woman in a stitch suit 😂

Edited at 09:08 PM.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Whilst waiting to go in to universal, a girl approached me and gave me a ticket for free one day entry. ☺️
I had my old neighbour with us on holiday ( we took her with us for the fortnight as a treat) so she got the ticket and it made her day. ☺️
Old 19 May 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
canaveralcath
Serious Dibber

We won a car in the WDW 15yrs anniversary celebrations. As we we were obviously foreign nationals we had the cash value which paid handsomely for 3 weeks holiday the next year.
Old 19 May 22, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

We were having breakfast at Tuskers and got picked to be in the Jammin Jungle parade at Animal Kingdom when that was still a thing. Just checked - the last parade was in 2014.
I can’t remember the year but DDs were around 11 and 8. The four of us were dressed up in gilets and hats with mickey ears. We were seated in a vehicle with a tiger on the front with paws which clawed as we moved along.
We got some lovely photos because we were told where the photo pass photographers would be. Happy times and lovely memories.

Edited at 11:51 PM.
fissycist is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by baggers View Post
Yes I agree. Feel very lucky to be able to afford and be healthy enough to go. 5 months ago my husband couldn’t walk after a stroke. Can’t believe we are in the airport hotel now waiting to fly tomorrow and he doesn’t need any walking aids. Our 9 year old is beyond excited. His school friends are happy he’s gone cause they don’t need to listen to him talk about it any more 😂
Have a fantastic holiday!
Old 19 May 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our two boys got picked to ‘open the pool’ at Caribbean Beach Resort - they got to go down the pool slide first and pirate swords, eye patches and certificates- made their holiday !