Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
So what, somebody else gets the opportunity of doing the things I don’t want to do. How does fairness come into this anyway, is it fair that some people cannot go to WDW at all if you want to get sanctimonious about it.

It is a lighthearted thread about what people would change if they could.
So what if someone who is going on a once in a lifetime trip books genie + and misses out on not having to queue for a ride because someone else did it multiple times? Wow!
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Play nice, I started this for people genuine opinion
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’re here now & making it work for us but only because my daughter is good at tech.
She’s a business analyst so doesn’t mind all the ‘fiddle faddling’. I think she secretly enjoys it.

Back on topic - the main change I’d like to happen would be if you could just change a reservation time rather than cancel (&risk losing) your original time.

We were on site yesterday. Couldn’t get ROTR at 7am, more openings appeared at 7.15 & we got 10.55.

Best advice : keep checking as new times appear all day.
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
We’re here now & making it work for us but only because my daughter is good at tech.
She’s a business analyst so doesn’t mind all the ‘fiddle faddling’. I think she secretly enjoys it.

Back on topic - the main change I’d like to happen would be if you could just change a reservation time rather than cancel (&risk losing) your original time.

We were on site yesterday. Couldn’t get ROTR at 7am, more openings appeared at 7.15 & we got 10.55.

Best advice : keep checking as new times appear all day.
We got lucky with this once and had the ride we wanted to cancel open on one phone and the one we wanted to book open on another and clicked to book a couple of seconds after cancelling the other and it worked!
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Get rid, bring back fastpass plus! We are here now and making it work because we have to but being up at 7am isn’t ideal and we had issues 2 days meaning we missed out on being able to book stuff. I much preferred the old system and even the old paper fastpass system to this.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

I wanted them to allow you to pre book 1 ride pre day if you had pre purchased G+. So this wont happen now !
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sack Chapek

Oops wrong thread 🤣😃🤣

Include all rides
Choice of timed

Not sure about the up at 7sm malarky

Caveat
I've not used it x
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
Remove Genie+ bring back FP+
Job done.
Not perfect but it worked.
This ^

If Disney wanted to make more money then they could have simply changed the name of FP+ to Genie+ (for legal reasons) and started charging a daily amount for it. Otherwise keep the system the same as FP+.

It would certainly make explaining it and understanding it easier. We could just point to the same info that's been around for years.

Of course, I'd like it if it was included in the price of the tickets like it used to be but I can understand why Disney would want to benefit by charging extra for it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Not used it yet so can't comment that much but the one time use is a bit annoying for me. My son doesn't like a lot of rides but certain ones he will go on again and again.
The old system used to allow you to book this again if there was availability after you had done the ride, not all of us want to do the "best" rides continuously and it surely balances itself out 🤷
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
This ^

If Disney wanted to make more money then they could have simply changed the name of FP+ to Genie+ (for legal reasons) and started charging a daily amount for it. Otherwise keep the system the same as FP+.

It would certainly make explaining it and understanding it easier. We could just point to the same info that's been around for years.

Of course, I'd like it if it was included in the price of the tickets like it used to be but I can understand why Disney would want to benefit by charging extra for it.
That would suit me, and lots of us Brits. We know months ahead when we are going and what we want to do.

However, it was a dismal failure for locals, first timers, tech-challenged people and newbies, who arrived in the parks only to be told ‘sorry, you should have booked three months ago’.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List