Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 May 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

This This was supposed to be two nights at Cheyenne - Day 2 DLP

Day one can be found here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1224613

Buckle in it’s a long one!

I slept so badly, every time someone entered or left their room it woke me and don’t even talk about them using the hairdryer which made it sound like there was some kind of natural disaster occurring! Next door had a shower and dried her hair between 1 and 2am. Finally there was some quiet around 2 and I slept then til 6.

I made my mind up on Santa Fe that the hotel is lovely and has a nice feel. The character meet was awesome and the staff were great but for me the room was poor, hot and not sound proof at all. I felt a bit vulnerable with the design of stand alone blocks and all in all I’m glad it was just one night.

Anyway last night I had asked if there was anyway my luggage could be transported to HNY for us and the lady said she would call me and let me know. I never received a call so assumed it was a no but when I got up we had a letter under the door from the reception lady saying to take the luggage to left luggage and they would send it to HNY for us. This made my morning! Also inside were some more stickers and a post card signed by Minnie Mouse. God love a bit of Disney magic to pick you up.

So we got up showered and dressed. Ate some jam sandwiches and fruit in the room and then at 07:30 I hauled the buggy, the weeks shopping and the suitcase to left luggage and said thank fook that’s the last of that ≈≈≈≈≈!

A latte was purchased from Starbucks and Malachi sat in the pram and we walked round to Disneyland Park. Arriving by 08:20 we were amongst the first in the park. We stopped and waved like lunatics at Mickey who was waving everyone in and a very very lovely lady offered to take us a phot in front of the 30th signs. Malachi finally satisfied to have seen Mickey!

We walked round to Buzz Light Year which was a walk on and zapped some Aileen’s. Malachi said he did like it but he wants to do it again when he’s older and not now! We got off and looked at Orbitron but he deemed it too fast. Autopia was still closed but he wanted to play in the car outside. We had to pit stop for a wee and then we headed to frontier land. He was fascinated by the ‘run away train’ and despite being frightened agreed to go on it. There was much cajoling through the 30 minute queue and then once on it he clung to me for dear life! Only stopped screaming to look at the bats in the cave! Once off he confidently declared he was too small for that ride. He was so proud he’d done it though and took multiple pictures to show Nana.

By now it was 09:30 and the 30th parade was at 10:50. We walked through the Aladdin cave and looked at the models and then up to the castle for a look around and in to Fantasy land. By 10:20 we brought a strawberry slushy to share (free of all top 14 allergens and so good) and headed to a bench by the castle to wait for the 30th parade. We had a little chat with a lady who was waiting for friends and a picture in front of the castle. Closer to the parade we moved a bit closer but we should have stood in the middle of the park next to one of the stages - we will watch again from a better spot. Anyway it was FANTASTIC we both loved it and danced away and waved at everyone especially Peter Pan. I had a little cry because well 🤷🏼

After the parade I wanted to head toLion King for the 12:00 show. I got us a bit lost and somehow we didn’t get there until 11:40. We were allowed to join the queue but long story short were about 4 people too late to get in 🤦 and I wasn’t waiting till 1.

We ducked out and contemplated a cowboy cookout lunch but decided to keep our appetite for dinner later. Malachi ate a home made vegan cheese sandwich, skips, a banana and a banana cake sat in the pram while I walked us back to Marvel.

We arrived at 1 and headed to the pool which was such a welcome rest for my feet.
Pictures of the pool don’t do it justice. It’s huge with a big jacuzzi and an outdoor area that was unfortunately closed today. There’s a great selection of floats around too and you get given towels on arrival. A very happy hour was spent him diving and me resting my feet!

We got out and dried. I was hoping we would have our room number as it was now 14:30 but sadly not. We went out to look at the fish in the pond and I registered the photopass we brought at home and had a look at the pics we had so far.

After some persuasion Malachi sat in the buggy and closed his eyes and at 3 on the dot I asked if our room was ready and it was and by some miracle the luggage had actually also safely arrived from Santa Fe.

The room is beautiful, cool with air con, sound proof, light, airy and it’s feels safe and it’s clean. There’s a huge tv at the end of the two huge beds it’s just beautiful. The luggage arrived within a few minutes and I set about unpacking for our stay and then had a lie down on the very comfy bed.

At 4:30 I decided I’d better shower and get ready and Malachi woke from his much needed 2 hr nap just as we left the room at about 5:15.

We arrived at the Disneyland park at 17:40 and the parade was nearing the top of Main Street. With no ability to go anywhere we got an excellent last minute spot by the train station and had an unobstructed view. Again Malachi loved it. I did too, what’s not to love, but the 30th was my fave!

As soon as this was done we shot down to Plaza Gardens for our 6pm reservation. I was so delighted to see this sign on arrival but so upset with our actual experience.

The waiter spoke very little English (not his fault still better than my gcse French) but he didn’t get a supervisor as I had asked. I gave him the allergy card which clearly lays everything out in French and English and he brought me back an allergy folder written in French which obviously I didn’t understand either. He then took me to the buffet with the allergy folder but it was a farce. He didn’t mean to be rubbish and he wasn’t rude but he has clearly not had a good understanding. When he said to the chef we can’t have gluten I took matters in my own hands and spoke to the chef directly. Usually at buffets you would ask for a portion of whatever you want to be cooked fresh for us so we know tongs haven’t been used on other stuff but it didn’t feel like an option. In the end Malachi had a plate of Mickey fried potatoes. I had a bit of beef and rice. The food in general looked ok but the choice was poor. The little I ate tasted ok.

Half way through the chips the cough Malachi has had for weeks got worse and I realised I didn’t specifically ask if they used any nut oil to fry. It was all a bit stressful for me. I think most likely on reflection the cough was not allergy related but I didn’t feel safe in the restaurant at all.

Having said that the characters were great. We had Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Tigger and Rabbit. I got lovely pics and our book was signed. Malachi loved it and loved meeting Mickey.

€120 for a plate of chips and hug from Mickey. I’ll let you guys decide if it would be worth it for you…

We were out of Plaza Gardens by 7 and walked round to Autopia which was a 45 minute wait but worth it. Malachi says I’m a very good driver.

Then we walked in to Fantasy land and assessed all the rides before waiting 15 mins for the carousel (which he also cried and clung to me on!).

We walked through some shops but couldn’t find the right Mickey to buy so he’s waiting until later. We brought a few Christmas decorations in the Christmas shop but there wasn’t loads of choice.

It was heading towards 21:30 now so we settled in to wait for illuminations. Malachis cough was very pronounced, I don’t know if it was nervous or what but we had a nice bit of space around us haha. I had brought his iPad so he played quite happily and waited for the show. About 22:30 it got a bit chilly and it was certainly dark enough. Disney would do well to move it a bit earlier as by now we were all tired. Malachi said he wanted to go to bed but I convinced him to wait. A kind man took a picture I love for us.

The 30th show was amazing. I loved it.

Malachi cried - I think he was just overwhelmed but he sort of relaxed in to it. Illuminations was fantastic such a great mix of traditional and not traditional Disney. For Malachi it was very loud and a lot so late in the day. He watched it pressed in to me with his hands on his ears and a few tears but he did like it.

Once we were done we headed out of the park and thank the lord our hotel was close. My feet were absolutely on fire! Rope drop and close in the same day. I was proud of us! Malachi stayed awake as he wanted to see the room and we stepped in the door at 23:58 and collapsed in to these super comfy beds.

19,985 steps - I didn’t even have the other 15 left in me to round it up!

Edited at 10:12 PM.
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for posting. I admire you for going on your own with a little one in spite of all the allergies but you seem really well prepared, glad you like the Marvel hotel, we are there next week! The pool looks great!

It’s great that you have put so much detail in, very helpful to those of us who are going soon. Thanks again❤️
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List