Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 May 22, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Lbv resort and Spa vs floridays.

Hi,

Just trying to decide on accommodation for the last part of our holiday - we need 5 nights to cover the dates of our cancelled cruise.

We need space for 5 people so I'm looking at Floridays and LBV resort and Spa - doesn't seem a huge difference. LBV is $150 less so wondering if there's some reason for that.

Can anyone give me any info or reviews on either of the above to help me decide. Thanks
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We always stay at Floridays, have done so 10+times. Location and space is great, pools, although we have a car we love that it is walking distance to the outlets for older teens, and also the IRide right outside the door.

However we are going this summer and I've booked lake Buena Vista resort village and spa. There's a huge price difference and I just couldn't justify the difference for 3 bed units.

LBVRVS is nearer Disney parks, Floridays handier for IOA/US and SeaWorld/DC. Both have lots and lots of restaurants and supermarkets within 5 minutes.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
We always stay at Floridays, have done so 10+times. Location and space is great, pools, although we have a car we love that it is walking distance to the outlets for older teens, and also the IRide right outside the door.

However we are going this summer and I've booked lake Buena Vista resort village and spa. There's a huge price difference and I just couldn't justify the difference for 3 bed units.

LBVRVS is nearer Disney parks, Floridays handier for IOA/US and SeaWorld/DC. Both have lots and lots of restaurants and supermarkets within 5 minutes.
Thanks that's really helpful.

I've not stayed offsite for many years so I'm a bit lost with it all
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Really interesting reading the above comments. We are looking at a resort type accommodation for our older teens to have a bit more independence. Good to know about walking distance to the outlets also.
We are only doing universal and sea world parks so maybe Floridays would be the better option. In terms of on-site facilities are they both equal or one better than other?
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I can only speak for LBV. We returned there this April… and I rarely if ever return to any Hotel (other than Bath Road Premier Inn).

The apartments are large, fully equipped, airy, have a balcony and the master is huge with a whirlpool bath, shower and loo (not strictly an en-suite).

Bedroom 2 is a double bed

Bedroom 3 is 2 single beds.

The pool is pretty good

There is what is now a rather good Outlet Centre right next door.

A gas station over the road.

Walmart and Publix within a mile, along with many of the popular restaurants.

You can get to both Seaworld and Disney areas easily and at busy times, whilst avoiding the shocking i4.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:48 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at Floridays last week, our unit looked quiet "tired". It was clean though. No daily housekeeping but can have a complimentary clean if you're staying 5 nights or more.

Also disappointing that there are no recycling facilities.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Thanks all.

I've booked Lake Buena vista resort and Spa.

No deposit taken from my CC though despite the confirmation saying it would be - is that normal?
Old 27 May 22, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
@cornishfrogboy - what's a good building in LBVRVS? We are going to be Building 3, 5th floor I think. Not even sure how many floors there are?
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The one that most seem to want is block 5, as it is the most recently refurbished and is near to the main pool.

If you ask nicely, you may also get one in the block with a view of the Disney fireworks.

I believe that a couple of blocks are due refurb this year (maybe), but I have no details.

Hoping this helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
We've booked privately so cant see us being moved. Fingers crossed it's not dated or sub par.