Old 23 May 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We had two nights in Portofino in 2014 and it was absolute bliss.

We did have an issue with the restaurant (booked Mamma Della’s but weren’t told it was closed for refurb, then ended up in Bice which was noisy and expensive with dreadful food and awful service!)

However, having a pizza for lunch from Sal’s Deli, sitting watching gondolas bob on the lagoon, was a golden memory.

Listening to the live opera outside in the evening was great too.

Our room was gorgeous and our bathroom was so big it could have had its own zip code.

Have to admit we got the boats every time so can’t comment on the walk.

We are staying at RPR next time as it is only one night. But probably nipping to PBR to finally eat at Mamma Della’s.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for your help.

I still haven’t decided but will do soon. The problem is I want to try both! 😂😂

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We love PB, stayed many times but it is further from the park and if you miss the boat it can feel like a long walk. HRH is just too noisy for us-even our teenager who plays drums, guitar and loud music finds it less relaxing for a holiday. We now gravitate towards RP which we have booked again for our trip in June.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by CuteLioness View Post

You can visit all three. Why not have a 'progressive dinner' - starter in one, main course in another and dessert in the third! Take the time to wander around and relax outside with a drink.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

We stayed 2 nights at PB and really didn’t like it at all! We were relieved when we moved to endless summer as we found the vibe and atmosphere much better. We will prob stay 2 nights at HRH in September as we feel this will prob have more of the vibe that we prefer.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

It would be a tough choice for me too. What do you like about each? Are there any amenities that you would definitely be using (pool, club level)? If you stayed at one, would you visit the other?
Old 29 May 22, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
It would be a tough choice for me too. What do you like about each? Are there any amenities that you would definitely be using (pool, club level)? If you stayed at one, would you visit the other?
The main problem is that I think we will prefer the vibe of Portofino but the convenience of HRH… we wouldn’t be using the pool or club level either I don’t think. And probably wouldn’t have time to visit the other. I always like to think I’ll visit the other hotels when I’m there but we never get around to it and I feel reasonably certain that this time will be no different!

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

The main problem is that I think we will prefer the vibe of Portofino but the convenience of HRH… we wouldn’t be using the pool or club level either I don’t think. And probably wouldn’t have time to visit the other. I always like to think I’ll visit the other hotels when I’m there but we never get around to it and I feel reasonably certain that this time will be no different!
Ha! I agree with you on both counts: I prefer the vibe of Portofino but the convenience of HRH. When we stayed at HRH in February I found that we took the water taxi most of the time instead of walking because we simply loved the water taxi... we didn't take advantage of the shorter walk. If we stayed at Portofino, we would probably do the same and sitting on the water taxi for a few more minutes is no tragedy. If you were going to go club I would say book Portofino because I have heard it is a better breakfast experience, but if you won't use the pool or the club, I guess it comes down to the rooms and the convenience. Still a tough choice. Ugh. Lol
Old 29 May 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

You’ll have a great trip in either tbh. In the hard rock as I type. It is loud on reception etc but that’s the theming. I personally love and it’s why we choose it. If you want peace and quiet then PB would suit better. We’ve been lucky with our room. Absolutely spectacular and very quiet garden view. No builders anywhere. I’m he HRH location is unrivalled 5 min walk. Amazing
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed for 3 nights at HRH last week club level and went for a look around PB. We loved the theming and it is beautiful but we love being so close to the parks at HRH and also how compact it is. However on our last night at HRH we were woken by drilling, hammering and sawing about our room at 2am! DH went to complain and bumped Into a lady doing the same. It took 2 calls and 2 trips to reception to stop it so we had an awful nights sleep. They did agree to refund us the one night but as well booked through travel republic they will refund it to them and we have to wait and hope they pass it onto us which isn’t ideal! It did sour our stay a little but once the work is done I am sure it will be as great as it used to be and we loved staying club level, we barely spent anything the 3 days we were there.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List