Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 May 22, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
To be fair, early entry is a farce anyway. Half an hour is enough time to ride one ride before everyone else. Or in the case of DHS get in line for RotR.
I think it depends how you use it. At HS, we went to TOT and the MMRR, having already secured ROTR and SD. We could also have been very early in the line for RnR but we don’t like that ride so gave it a miss.

At MK, we went to Tomorrowland and rode SM, Carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear Spin and People Mover with no waits at all.

Obviously it depends how you want to use the time, but we found it to be really effective to go ‘against the tide’.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
I think it depends how you use it. At HS, we went to TOT and the MMRR, having already secured ROTR and SD. We could also have been very early in the line for RnR but we don’t like that ride so gave it a miss.

At MK, we went to Tomorrowland and rode SM, Carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear Spin and People Mover with no waits at all.

Obviously it depends how you want to use the time, but we found it to be really effective to go ‘against the tide’.
I don’t think I’d get 4 rides done in half an hour. That said I will admit that we tend to arrive a few minutes after opening so we’re not standing in the line waiting for entry. There’s also the walking time to the rides from the entrance which for us will take up some of that half an hour.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Early entry still works! We did all of Fantasyland in an hour including the big rides, I say go for it.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickcolly
Helping Donald

We’ve been here for 10 days done all the big rides on early access at all the parks but what about the day last week on early access when 6 rides were down at HS chaos for the rest of the day
Mickcolly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by xAimeex View Post

Just wanted to add that I don’t think this is a new thing. I had a check back on some of my old trip reports and this one is from 2015 and I’ve made a note that Frontierland didn’t open then either when it was still extra magic hours. From what I’ve read I’m definitely no fan of Genie + but I don’t think the 2 are related.

You're right. I'm sure it was the same in 2019. We booked breakfast early in magic Kingdom as only a few rides were running and not ones we would want to do at 8 in the morning.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
Currently stood in queue for space mountain. We have early access but what a shock as frontier land closed until 9am. Is this to force people to purchase genie plus. ? Early access wasted again. Bit of a farce. We wanted to ride thunder and splash but after being shepherded in a long and pointless route making our way around fantasy land we discover a huge queue to get into frontier land that doesn’t open until 9. What’s the point of offering early access? So we leg it to space mountain and see 60 minute queue which we are in. (7 dwarfs train down) and line is enormous! Love Disney and our hotel is amazing. CSR. Dinner at Ohana’s was incredible with an amazing view. The parks are a waste of time though. This could be my last visit. I will vote with my feet and wallet.
We had similar at Xmas, MK was terrible, no desire to return to be honest. Made all the difference when you had your 3 free Fastpasses planned, you’d have a great relaxing morning even if busy. Genie+ changed the dynamic of EMH with every man and woman and their service dog cramming in for the previously fastpassable rides.

Edited at 06:34 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gbaz44
Earning More Ears

As someone who's never done early entry before how does it work now? From what I've read of the beforetimes you were allowed to the end of main street and held there, is that still the case or am I thinking of ropedrop

It's our first time staying on-site in July.
gbaz44 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gbaz44 View Post
As someone who's never done early entry before how does it work now? From what I've read of the beforetimes you were allowed to the end of main street and held there, is that still the case or am I thinking of ropedrop

It's our first time staying on-site in July.
Resort guests are allowed to go over the bridges towards Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Then you get held just before the carousel in Fantasyland but not sure where in Tomorrowland as we didn’t go that way. CMs will then kind of slowly guide everyone towards the rides to stop a stampede.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

To the early risers go the spoils.

Both days I rope dropped HS two weeks ago (meaning getting there early to be close to the tapstiles for early entry) the parks actually opened almost a half hour before the posted time for early entry. Got in, immediately hit ROTR, bounced from there to TSM, hit MMRR, over to RRC all with zero waits. Finished all up in less than an hour. Paired that early approach with Genie+ and a crowded HS was no problem at all.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
To the early risers go the spoils.

Both days I rope dropped HS two weeks ago (meaning getting there early to be close to the tapstiles for early entry) the parks actually opened almost a half hour before the posted time for early entry. Got in, immediately hit ROTR, bounced from there to TSM, hit MMRR, over to RRC all with zero waits. Finished all up in less than an hour. Paired that early approach with Genie+ and a crowded HS was no problem at all.
When we were there a couple of weeks ago RotR didn’t open with early entry so all anyone was able to do was get in the queue. We went once for early entry and managed Smugglers Run before the park opened. Once we got off wait times we’re already starting to rise.

It really does depend on when you’re there.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List