Old 25 May 22, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Moving hotels

Hi all
We are due to stay at the Dockside in October but now considering a move to Disney. I’ve seen the Disney hotels prices fluctuate in the last month or so. Does anyone know when the prices may start to drop. TUI have told me to hold off for a while
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

A new offer comes out tomorrow so I would wait until then. I don't think the prices will drop but dining credit and $200 spending money will be available. I have a feeling the prices may increase with this offer but not sure how it normally works.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by theotherblonde View Post
A new offer comes out tomorrow so I would wait until then. I don't think the prices will drop but dining credit and $200 spending money will be available. I have a feeling the prices may increase with this offer but not sure how it normally works.
The offer is for next year and OP is going this October, so it won't help them.

Prices don't normally increase when the offer is released, but who knows with Disney at the moment!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
Hi all
We are due to stay at the Dockside in October but now considering a move to Disney. I’ve seen the Disney hotels prices fluctuate in the last month or so. Does anyone know when the prices may start to drop. TUI have told me to hold off for a while
Disney Hotel prices don't tend to fluctuate, unless it's different room categories that you're seeing at resorts.

As for TUI, I know they can have some good last minute offers on flights, so that will probably be what makes the difference to the cost rather than the rooms.

There's unlikely to be another UK offer for this year if Disney follow their previous pattern, but there could well be a US offer, but you need a VPN to access them.

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Disney Hotel prices don't tend to fluctuate, unless it's different room categories that you're seeing at resorts.

As for TUI, I know they can have some good last minute offers on flights, so that will probably be what makes the difference to the cost rather than the rooms.

There's unlikely to be another UK offer for this year if Disney follow their previous pattern, but there could well be a US offer, but you need a VPN to access them.

At the moment the price of the holiday has gone up but the difference between the hotel prices have fluctuated. Eg about 3 months ago price to change including £50pp amendment fee was £1250, 3 weeks ago £750
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBh that sounds more like a change of room category as it's quite a big fluctuation & pretty rare for Disney however a fluctuation in the other direction would be the norm! The only time really they are going to drop is for lack of bookings, there are rumours that they have started to tail off but any offer would tend to be for their US base.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
At the moment the price of the holiday has gone up but the difference between the hotel prices have fluctuated. Eg about 3 months ago price to change including £50pp amendment fee was £1250, 3 weeks ago £750
So that's not for the whole package including the flights? It's just for the room and for exactly the same room category? Is this with TUI? If so, it's more likely to be them making the price changes rather than Disney as they really don't change once they're set.

Old 25 May 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Agree with other posters. Disney hotel prices do not tend to fluctuate, for better or worse, once set. It is either the third party changing prices or it is a different room type.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
So that's not for the whole package including the flights? It's just for the room and for exactly the same room category? Is this with TUI? If so, it's more likely to be them making the price changes rather than Disney as they really don't change once they're set.
It’s with TuI and it’s £750 difference to change hotels , that includes £50pp amendment fee
Old 27 May 22, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Agree with other posters. Disney hotel prices do not tend to fluctuate, for better or worse, once set. It is either the third party changing prices or it is a different room type.
Room type staying the same