Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Mar 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Have a lovely holiday

We'd just been in a lovely shop in Manhattan Beach and I said we would go eat and come back later for ice creams , next thing I'm checking my emails and shouting at my husband we have to go now !

Have to say the American Airlines check in didn't help , she was so rude she could see we were stressed , hadn't even hadn't time to get changed into travelling home clothes and was barking about one bag being 1/2lb over ..
But that I find is typical of AA staff at LAX, love flying with them but the twice we've flown out of LAX on AA the staff have been very rude .
I must say that seems to apply in most US airports with AA, on the same trip we passed through Orlando/Miami/Dallas/La Guardia/JFK (not intentionally) and they weren't very customer orientated in any of them! Flights themselves are great though!
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jo21977 View Post
I must say that seems to apply in most US airports with AA, on the same trip we passed through Orlando/Miami/Dallas/La Guardia/JFK (not intentionally) and they weren't very customer orientated in any of them! Flights themselves are great though!
So rude aren't they !

I only asked if we had been booked on a flight and got my head bitten off.

My DH said when she called us over she looked a grumpy so and so and he was right

Actually it wasn't a good flight in some way, I don't know why but none of our seats would recline and some others had the same issues, the food was inedible and it was so so cold, I had 3 blankets at one point.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

So rude aren't they !

I only asked if we had been booked on a flight and got my head bitten off.

My DH said when she called us over she looked a grumpy so and so and he was right

Actually it wasn't a good flight in some way, I don't know why but none of our seats would recline and some others had the same issues, the food was inedible and it was so so cold, I had 3 blankets at one point.
Tell me about it! We found it so frustrating that no one at BA would speak to us as we were due on an AA flight and everyone at AA would send us to BA! My friend got so annoyed that they threatened her with security! To be fair that was after we missed a connection in Dallas then them helpfully offering to send us back to Orlando and try to "get on tomorrow's flight" :angry:
Old 31 Mar 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Tell me about it! We found it so frustrating that no one at BA would speak to us as we were due on an AA flight and everyone at AA would send us to BA! My friend got so annoyed that they threatened her with security! To be fair that was after we missed a connection in Dallas then them helpfully offering to send us back to Orlando and try to "get on tomorrow's flight" :angry:
I know.. we didn't know where to go we had no clear instructions, BA wouldn't answer any numbers I rang and then we were met with someone so rude..

They really are shocking.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Yes I will very much so.. As we left each place this time it was like wow next year you won't be here..

But we're off to Charlotte in October for a week and she's not coming so we will kind of be able to get used to it.

She's 19 in November working in a school is what she wants and she's coming to Florida next summer with us , So we have that to all look forward too. She'll move in with my mum for 2 weeks take the dog with her and get spoilt rotten :-)
I remember the first we went without my DD's but our dog liked it as he got to stay at home with them.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

OMG-We go through Dallas to Vegas, BA/AA on Monday DD's last minute flight is with Virgin and she's glad as she did NY last year with BA/AA and she is glad she isn't again. Is it hard to connect at Dallas? Atlanta to Orlando was a piece of cake 2 years ago.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
OMG-We go through Dallas to Vegas, BA/AA on Monday DD's last minute flight is with Virgin and she's glad as she did NY last year with BA/AA and she is glad she isn't again. Is it hard to connect at Dallas? Atlanta to Orlando was a piece of cake 2 years ago.
To be fair, no it isn't. Massive terminal though. We just had major problems because we missed the connecting flight between Orlando and Dallas and the just wanted to ship us out to anywhere to get us out of the terminal! We were offered onward flights to... wait for it... Back to Orlando, Los Angeles, Washington, Chicago or New York. The only one which they would guarantee us seats on the transatlantic the following day was from JFK so we took that option as we were then starting to panic!

We are flying AA/BA again this summer I just made sure that there is a direct flight home as i'm now paranoid lol

The flights themselves were excellent, ground staff were awful and unhelpful. I'm sure you will be fine!
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Gosh, that sounds like a right carry on! Thanks for the reassurance and I hope you have a better experience this summer with them

To be fair, no it isn't. Massive terminal though. We just had major problems because we missed the connecting flight between Orlando and Dallas and the just wanted to ship us out to anywhere to get us out of the terminal! We were offered onward flights to... wait for it... Back to Orlando, Los Angeles, Washington, Chicago or New York. The only one which they would guarantee us seats on the transatlantic the following day was from JFK so we took that option as we were then starting to panic!

We are flying AA/BA again this summer I just made sure that there is a direct flight home as i'm now paranoid lol

The flights themselves were excellent, ground staff were awful and unhelpful. I'm sure you will be fine!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
LisaMouse
Very Serious Dibber

Glad you had a lovely time, will there be a trip report please? I love your reports!
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hello yes I have. Started my trip report up to day 11 I think :-) and thank you .