Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 26 Nov 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Yet another couple planning to move out when they retire! Just like that! Even more random as she allegedly has health problems.
You are totally right EssexSue, it's not possible to retire to the USA unless you go via the EB5 route, which requires an AT RISK investment of $500k minimum (sometimes there are $250K but they are few and far between).
This is basically buying a green card.

As far as healthcare, for someone with Osteoarthritis, you would require a Rheumatologist and would possibly have to self-pay unless you took out health insurance at a premium because you have a pre-existing condition.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Celebration doesn't allow any short term rentals. I have noticed on some of the programs on the coast they show properties not zoned for short term rentals than quote monthly rental income despite the buyers wanting to use it themselves part of the year.
It depends on what they class as Celebration Donna. I've seen a few rentals who say they are 'Celebration' and they are most definitely not!

As an aside, there was a lady in the news who was buying at Champions Gate and when she realised her address would be Davenport, she wanted her deposit back.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
It depends on what they class as Celebration Donna. I've seen a few rentals who say they are 'Celebration' and they are most definitely not!

As an aside, there was a lady in the news who was buying at Champions Gate and when she realised her address would be Davenport, she wanted her deposit back.
That is absurd. Celebration has very definite boundaries. If you don't pay HOA fees to Celebration you aren't in it. I understand the businesses directly across 192 describing there location as Celebration but using it for other rental homes sounds like fraud to me.
Old 1 Dec 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Just watched this latest episode: probably me, but didn't enjoy it as much as previous episodes. I wasn't impressed with the choice considering they had a decent budget. I'm conviced the programme makers have to include specific areas, and are not showing a range of what's available.

As always, talk of rental income but never mention how much fees, HOAs, etc., are - some buyers may get a shock.

As for the £multi-million mansion - why? Again, I think they showcase certain houses/areas as part of some 'deal'.

I did learn something, though: I didn't realise that Reunion had a mix of properties; I thought they were all very, very high end.

Interesting to see the message on the credits regarding taking care buying property overseas, and using an independent lawyer; hmmm wonder what's been going on?
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
And they are all near Disneyland !
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Let's hope they get the right advise re visas and tax implications if looking at extended stays and property that is suitable bella 9 hope you are doing ok we are back at the villa again this retirement lark is great
Helen

Yes, I hope so, too. Also hope they research further additional costs such as HOA/MC fees.

I'm OK, Helen, thanks. Would love to be there right now, enjoy every minute.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Hi All

New episode today: Gold Coast, Ch. 4, @ 4pm.
Old 15 Dec 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Sorry, meant to do it earlier, but bumping in case anyone wants to watch/tape it on catch-up.
Old 5 Jan 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

On again today, Pat and Anya
I just missed it, but catching it in catch up
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelsea01
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I must watch it tonight I hope it’s a good one 😀
Chelsea01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List